Phantis Forums

Dynamo Bucharesti - Panathinaikos

cyberfish

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got to watch the soup ... er, the game.

The good:

PAO played disciplined

PAO played in Dinamo's half nearly the entire game

PAO got 3 points

Sturm tied in Galatasaray

Ninis good game, Karagounis' goal, Roukavina nice hold and assist.

The Cate screaming "right side" to Tzorvas as Nikoleskou lined up for the PK

Nikoleskou missing the penalty wide right with Tzorvas falling to the right

Luck seems to be with us this year (seems like Tzorvas he brought good luck)

Leto and Salpi got some rest and we still won.

The bad:

we almost lost an easy one

PAO played slow and predictable

PAO could not break down the 11 man defense

The ugly:

Tzorvas almost serving a goal on a soft corner

Bjarsmyr marring a good performance with a silly penalty

Gilberto+Christodoulopoulos missed sitters that would have put this game away early on.

The idiotic Dinamo fans with their annoying horns.

I finally got to watch the soup ... er, the game.

The good:

PAO played disciplined

PAO played in Dinamo's half nearly the entire game

PAO got 3 points

Sturm tied in Galatasaray

Ninis good game, Karagounis' goal, Roukavina nice hold and assist.

The Cate screaming "right side" to Tzorvas as Nikoleskou lined up for the PK

Nikoleskou missing the penalty wide right with Tzorvas falling to the right

Luck seems to be with us this year (seems like Tzorvas he brought good luck)

Leto and Salpi got some rest and we still won.

The bad:

we almost lost an easy one

PAO played slow and predictable

PAO could not break down the 11 man defense

The ugly:

Tzorvas almost serving a goal on a soft corner

Bjarsmyr marring a good performance with a silly penalty

Gilberto+Christodoulopoulos missed sitters that would have put this game away early on.

The idiotic Dinamo fans with their annoying horns.

Oh come on Rukavina had the "assist".

Assist is supposed to have some meaning, not just be the lucky person to pass the ball to the open guy 25 metres out from a clogged area.

Rukavina did fine, but don't seriously act like he had huge impact on the game or "won it for us", because that was simply 100% Karagkouins brilliance and you know it.

Rukrapina didnt have much time/opportunity but I admit he did well with what he had. He's not really as good as Petropoulos/Salpi/Cisse though, so it makes sense why he doesn't play IMO.

The problem with the games in the 11 man defense is that you really need to finish whatever great chances you do get in order to win these games. Salpi, Gilberto, and Lazaros had great chances that really need to count in games like this becuase theyre not coming up hardly at all with so many men back. Gilberto to be honest was always poor right in front of goal. Lazaros I really expected much better than that...

Re Drako you make me laugh. Who said anything about Roukavina having a huge game. I just cited a very good play under the "good" column. Roukavina received the ball in a very crowded area at the top of the box. He did well to shield the ball, and once three defenders blocked his progress, he released it to the free man for the shot.

I don't think we need to get into semantics, but a pass to a teammate that converts is an assist.

Just because he had a good game, it does not mean he is better than anyone or that he should start ahead of anyone else. It means that he too can be counted to contribute when we need it and this should make every PAO fan happy.

I don't really understand how you (and countless other fans) get into this personal animosity with some players.

I write 2 sentences as a comment about the player admitting he did fine, and were calling it personal animosity, overeacting? WTF is wrong with you lot....honestly.

As for a good hold and assist, sure. I guess passing the ball back instead of turning into congested areas of defenders (the obvious) just isnt merit worthy, its to be expected as a given. That is the point I wished to make.

Nobody said he should start here. I'm pretty aware of that and did'nt mean to sound as if anybody did.

I just commented on him in respect to the the rest of the team. Its good he contributes, even as a 4th-5th. Naturally. Its been a while since he's been on the pitch and I simply stated I don't see him overtaking anything.

Yesterdays result was massive

Though PAO didn't play all that good, the timing for grabbing a vital victory was just right. While I was watching this, I can't understand why are those club presidents blowing those stupid horns. God there so awful! UEFA should banned those in any stadiums.

Archived