Phantis Forums

Dynamo Bucharesti - Panathinaikos

cyberfish

Our second game in the Europa league is coming up on Thursday and if we want to advance we need to take a good result in Romania. A win would be perfect, but a draw would not be too bad either.

I don't know anything about Dinamo having watched them zero times in the last decade, but reportedly they are not too bad of a team.

Spyropoulos, Marions, Darlas, and Petropoulos are out with injuries. Cisse will serve the last day of his suspension, and Seitaridis will train in Athens so he can hopefully be ready for the next SL game against Larissa.

This leaves the team with 16 players. Mahlelis, who has played only in one friendly game, and Karnezis, who is the third goalkeeper will complete the 18-man squad. I am a little perplexed with the logic of keeping a third goalkeeper on the bench. What good can he be? I would prefer if we had a system where a Golden Team player could fill in whenever we can't fill an 18-man roster.

Anyway, the team will probably play the same way we played against AEK. I mean the squad will be the same but we'll play much better. The reports are all over the place but I can see Ninis starting instead of Karagouni.

I hope we pull a convincing win to chop Dinamo's hopes of capturing one of the two places that qualify. You know my score prediction.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the 18 man squad includes mario to complete the numbers

such are the injuries we have plus cisse suspension

as its a europa league game we can only call on the players that were selected in the squad submitted to uefa for the comp

this means seitaridis, cleyton and mantzios cannot play in the europa league

they can only play if they are nominated by pao in jan when we can reshuffle the europa squad

Cisse still suspended?

I'd like to see Petropoulos feature then at some point...

Anyways Dinamo used to be strong team a few years back, and Romanian league teams are generally tough.

Im going to say 2-1/3-1 PAO win....

We need wins, a tie won't do IMO. We can still go through with a tie, thats true, but we need to keep up our coefficient for the future draws esp as we'll be gunning for CL next year. Also Greece needs the points... We are a better team than Dinamo, and we've got a poor European form, so its time to win and end the losing streak.

Petropoulos had appendicitis operation and he's been out. Cisse's 3-game suspension was reduced to 2 on appeal so he will be eligible for the next game against Sturm. Adonis is right, Seitaridis can't play until he is declared in January, but the other three will never wear PAO's jersey.

I am perplexed with how this 24-man roster works. We always have injuries and every game we barely have 18 men available. The drawback is that we end up with fewer useful players on the bench. On the other hand, keeping a closed group together can work miraclees in team cohesion (Rehagel introduced this in Greece with much success).

I am listening Erasport right now and one of the many conversations I heard since last night mentioning that Greek teams must play a reserved game away in Europe. I also read fans opinions everywhere that expect PAO to go to Bucaresti with all guns blazing to play attacking football. We'll do well to play a careful game because if we are reckless we might regret it.

I am not advocating we pack 10 men behind the ball, but that we need to keep our mind on defense. Controlling the ball in midfield should be our game, and if we can develop it into constant attack, then that would be great. If not, keeping the ball away from Romanian feet and away from our box should be a priority. An ugly win would be better than a pretty loss for our purposes. Of course, a pretty win would be awesome.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/166/europa-lea...tti-upbeat-over

WOW! Amazing respect being shown by Dinamo's Italian manager Dario Bonnetti. He seems to rate us so highly that it's made me a little nervous. It was an exclusive interview with goal.com, here is the article.

Romanian side Dinamo Bucharest take on Greek giants Panathinaikos on Thursday in their second match of the Europa League group stage. Goal.com exclusively spoke with Dinamo coach Dario Bonetti to discuss the match on Thursday, and he believes his side have a chance of upsetting Pana.

"Panathinaikos are the favourites to win the group in my opinion," Bonetti told Goal.com. "They are a big team with a number of class players like Sebastian Leto, Giorgos Karagounis, Gilberto Silva and so on. I feel like they deserve to be in the Champions League instead of playing Europa League football.

"I was very surprised to see them lose the home match against Galatasaray. However, I watched the game and I noticed that they did not deserve to lose. The Turkish side put in a superb defensive performance and scored twice on counterattacks. Panathinaikos created many opportunities to score, but they were a bit unlucky.

"We are a very young team, one of the youngest all over Europe. We are quite enthusiastic but we miss experience. We know that if we win, we are almost qualified for the next round, so we'll do our utmost to pick up the full three points.

"However, even if we draw the match, we still have a three-point lead on Panathinaikos. I know that we have to go to Greece later on, but they have to go to Turkey to face Galatasaray. We have a home match against Sturm Graz coming up.

"We are lucky that Panathinaikos will be without Djibril Cisse on Thursday. Nevertheless, Leto is a fantastic player as well and I rate Sotiris Ninis very highly, too.

"Unfortunately, Iulian Niculescu won't be there for us. He's a very important player for Dinamo. I am convinced that if we'll play as a team, we could do well though."

I hope our players don't bite. Bonnetti is doing the right thing to try to stroke us to sleep but we should take the field concentrated. The moment we believe we are Barcelona, that's the moment we lose. Blue collar effort will see us through the games and not reputation.

I dont underestimate him.. I just believe he is much more useful as a 2nd Cf... If we get scored on... I hope we dont try to find salpi with yomes...

I wish we play the we played against Aris.. I have the game on DVD... as part of my collection.. and man oh man was that a beuatiful match... through balls. fast pace etc.. wow

Its due to the elections in Greece on Sunday so the re scheduled the round for mid week.

oh yeah....

as for closed doors, i don't really think that will "help" us.

What happened to Petropoulos? Why is he out?

Pretty stupid that journalists cant tell the diff between Dinamo BUCHAREST and Dinamo Zagreb/ RAPID Bucharest. Its Dinamo Bucharest. Thats what the UEFA draw said.

Dinamo Zagreb is in another group anyways...

Archived