Phantis Forums

A.E.K. - Benfica

george21

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job to AEK! Very deserved win!

I think AEK should look at qualification as realistic. BATE will be very tough, but AEK can make this. With that sort of determination absotutley.

I hear ya buddy, but I believe that this is a game that AEK wanted and needed a positive result. The road is still long and I don't see them continuing w/ this form..

GL though

At last!!! :tup:

Saja was excellent in goal and our lads gave as good as they got. Beautiful goal but we should've kept pressing in the air as that seems to be Benfica's weak spot. I liked the fact that we didn't lock ourselves up to preserve the lead.

Other points:

Blanco ran

Scocco was not bad

Hersi has a shot!

were Aimar and Saviola even playing???

The ref was a bit strict for my tastes but fair.

OMG!!!!!! I have not seen the game yet. I will be going home to watch it, but i heard it on the radio!!! Wow i can't believe that we won!!!! It was a great win but we need to continue this. Let's not stop here,let's try to build on this and continue with it in the up coming games. FORZA AEKARA!!!!!!

Nice win you guys. But how did you actually play? I didn't get to see the game.

Looked them in the eye and played as equals. We threatened a couple of times before the goal and did not sit back after we scored. The slowpokes of Goodison Park finally showed some hustle!

Didn't watch the game, but I hear AEK deserved this win. Bravo guys! :tup:

This win came at the right time. Good luck in the future. You can go through.

And, it's ridiculous that 2 great teams with so much history not to have a proper home. It's not good for Greek football either.

PS. At least, Psomiadis was convincted... hope he rots in jail. :tdown:

Ok after watching it I can say this again BRAVO AEK at least they played with heart and ran! And for those who have been sh*tting on Saja lately: Saja was easily MVP of the game some great saves!

Bravo to Majstorovic for the goal and to all of them for the good game I saw the missed chances by Blanco but I'm not worried about it he is and will be fine. Good as an AEK fan to actually see us win again and vs. good opposition (Benfica is not Brazil no, but they are a great team!).

This was one of those matches we're I've seen the capabilitiness of AEK football. It was there best one I've seen in a long time. They fought well and never give in with Benfica. Give credit to Benfica, they missed a lot of quality chances which could have changed the entire match.

Archived