Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Aris

athinaios

I hope PAO focus' more on the league than europe this season, i think we'll win the league and do s%$#! in the europa cup, osfp will make the 1/4 finals of the CL and it will be like a role reversal......

anyway to ARIS, a must win with osfp potentially dropping more points (PAOK away and AEK midweek) this week.

I'll say 2-0, Leto and Cisse scoring

Just to clarify: I would prefer a stellar performance and advancing deep in Europe, but we ain't got it yet. Also, lets not forget how Oly got to the group stage... EASY, because of easy opponents... and, that's because of winning the domestic title. We had to jump through hoops and stuff...

So, if we build up a momentum we can win it this year, and hopefully we'll build up a better defense and have an easier time getting to the CL groups next year.

I would be more concerned if we played Aris away, but we should get the 3 points today.

I think its obvious were going to do better in Greece than Europe this year.

I want the title, but I also want some decent performances in Europe and results.

Title is the way to the CL, but European matches are whats going to get us a better draw/seeding (our club coefficient) esp in the event we fail the league again. Every match counts even if we are qualified into a next round.

AEK dropped points to PAS today, good news.

Aris seems like its going to be a tough game tonight. Theyre out for the win, good team this year. I still think we should score more goals than they do.

I can't prioritise between Europe & the league. If we'd signed a centre back I believe we'd have had a chance of winning the Europa League, but we are too frail at the back. Our chances of winning the league are alot greater but European glory would bring me more joy. As a result I don't think a club like ours can prioritise, we must aim for glory in both. The domestic cup should take a back seat but we should treat the Europa League as we would the CL because there's no reason we can't go all the way.

Anyway, I see a 2-1 win. Leto and Salpi with the goals for us.

Spyropoulos wasnt injured, Henk Ten Cate is just a massive DOUCHEBAG.

Still this godamn feud? GROW UP HENK TEN CATE. SERIOUSLY. This is petty and pathetic.

You can't start DARLAS, who the team didnt even WANT, in derbies and CL matches, and recovering from injury because your ego cannot was bruised by something Spyropoulos talked back last month. This is disgraceful. Over personal pride and ego.

Any good people manager knows the way to get the best from your player is not by ripping them out everytime in front of his peers. That often brings out the worst. You do it in private.

Now, Marinos injured.

We wasted 1 sub over a petty feud by starting an injury nursing player.

So 2 subs gone in 27 mins and we almost conceeded a goal,

Abreu waited WAY too long to have that shot, that should never happen at this level. Luckily Sariegui came in and punished him for it.

Some good sporadic plays here and there for PAO but our main problem is we can't dispossess Aris. They are skilled in midfield and they play well. The game is entertaining so far but I wan the win more than the entertainment. If we can have both it would be nice. Now we only have one sub in the second half.

Let's go.

I see that Aris is playing to win... And, we're not as good.... And, Aris just lost another opp that shouldn't have...

Salpi lost a very good chance but the goalie defended well....

At least the tempo is good now...let's see.

Archived