Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers (2009/10)

george21

we would be stupid not to take 10mil for anyone in our team.. blanco is good. but he no way near 10mil. so we should take this without even thinking.

i totally agree with dava g, buy a couple of strikers for a couple of mil each and den have 5 or so mil left over.

Fair nuff Blanco is our best striker by far and he is the only one who scores for us but 10 mil... come on...

• 3 weeks later...

Bhoys consider striker

AEK Athens striker Rafik Djebbour is training with Celtic, according to the player's agent.

The Algeria international has suffered a bust-up with AEK boss Dusan Bajevic after taking a holiday without permission, and he is no longer wanted by the Greek outfit.

Djebbour's representative, Farid Ayad, claims his client is using his exile as an opportunity to try and impress Celtic boss Tony Mowbray.

Ayad has stated that the 24-year-old is training with the Bhoys before Algeria's World Cup qualifier against Rwanda on 11th October.

Ayad said in SportDay: "Rafik has been in Glasgow since Saturday and is training with Celtic. He will be there until Sunday.

Source

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With no money in I wonder what this transfer period will bring us ... aside from disappointment.

Genome... Rumor has it that Pappas is going to sign you and me to play for AEK... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: what a joke team.... I cant believe how far we have fallen....

All the other teams are talking about signings and we are trying to keep our CURRENT PLAYERS from leaving!!!! We have no board and no president!!! How will we improve our current mediocre squad? Answer, we will not. We are just trying to ensure that it does not get WORSE!

Genome... Rumor has it that Pappas is going to sign you and me to play for AEK... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: what a joke team.... I cant believe how far we have fallen....

I am in. I can play middfield or forward. And if i have to i'll play goalie!!! :LOL: :LOL:

• 4 weeks later...

Ti na ton kanoume ton pap re na mas fernei neraki ston panko

:LOL:

I true, he just flopped in Croatia, he can't exactly be a great form. If I was AEK manager on a limited budget I'd raid Cyprus for a few players. Look how well they've done in Europe the last few years. They've got good and cheap players.

There are the Cypriots themselves such as Okkas, if the fans were willing to fogive him, Aloneftis, maybe even Charalambidis. Or some of the foreign talent. Mirosavljevic (striker), Sangoy (striker), Bangura (attacking midfield), etc. These players might not be in the class of Cisse or Datolo but with AEK's problems they'd certainly give you a boost. Sangoy in particular would be a great signing.

Other temporary options have to be loan deals. Youngsters like Eastmond (defender - Arsenal), Pacheco (forward - Liverpool), Wellbeck (forward - Man Utd) would all be excellent additions.

I know I've posted a similar post in the past but I just can't understand why AEK aren't making more shrewd moves.

Other temporary options have to be loan deals. Youngsters like Eastmond (defender - Arsenal), Pacheco (forward - Liverpool), Wellbeck (forward - Man Utd) would all be excellent additions.

I know I've posted a similar post in the past but I just can't understand why AEK aren't making more shrewd moves.

I 1000% agree with your post here and the ones you have posted in the past.

Problem is, I dont think they have the $$$ to pay for these players even on loan (if they have to pay their salaries).

Also, our board is in disarray. Look at last year during the winter transfer period.... always in disarray. Sometimes, I think they do it on purpose as an excuse....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived