Phantis Forums

Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)

Ziaka

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wasnt that busy this weekend so i watched alot of good matches..seasons are winding down and things are very interesting in alot of leagues. i felt bad for arsenal, they were better throughout and were kind of unlucky to concede that penalty in the last minute..kyrgiakos did well, a 7 is worthy i believe.

ive heard rumours of him going but i wonder if he will stay..they seem happy with him as a back-up and to stepping into a starting role when needed..

i wasnt that busy this weekend so i watched alot of good matches..seasons are winding down and things are very interesting in alot of leagues. i felt bad for arsenal, they were better throughout and were kind of unlucky to concede that penalty in the last minute..kyrgiakos did well, a 7 is worthy i believe.

ive heard rumours of him going but i wonder if he will stay..they seem happy with him as a back-up and to stepping into a starting role when needed..

Dalglish doesn't seem to be a fan. Benitez and Hodgson used him more often so if there rumours are to be believed he'll be leaving. The latest rumour is that Besiktas are interested. That would be a huge step back in his career

http://www.sportdog.gr/article/26361/tourk...giakos%E2%80%A6

in my opinion, if he goes to turkey, he might as well come back to greece...

despite this, i think its prob just rumours...if he leaves liverpool i believe he will end up in a mid-level british or german club, which will be better for him then going to both greece or turkey...

to be honest though, i wouldnt mind seeing him in green again. but, if tzigger is still at the club, he will never return.

• 3 months later...

Sotirios Kyrgiakos has left Liverpool and signed for Wolfsburg

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zo...onspors-hrvoje-

The British media were incredibly hard on him simply because he was an easy scape-goat because the truth is he was successful. He was at Liverpool for a year and a half and won Liverpool's Player of the Month on 2 occasions, which is fantastic for any DEFENDER let alone one that is used sporadically. He became a cult hero among many fans for his aerial ability, passion, power and for the red card he got in the derby against Felliani :rolleyes:

Benitez bought him and was clearly a fan, then when Hodgson came in it was clear he wasn't in the manager's plans. Kyrgiakos won him over too but he was never given a chance by Dalglish and now moves back to the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg

Wolfsburg lost 3-0 away at Freiburg in Kyrgiakos' debut today, he was beaten aerially believe it or not, for the first goal. He mistimed his jump. He looked rusty, i'm sure he'll improve. Wolfsburg in general were very poor though and i'm surprised a Felix Magath team didn't have any shape whatsoever, i expect a tough season for them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

was frozen out of the team by magath but has since been restored by their new manager, making 2 appearances in the last 3 match days.  at 33 he still has acouple good years left in him,  hopefully he spends them playing ball.  

• Argy changed the title to Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)
  • Nikitas locked this topic

Archived