Phantis Forums

Ergotelis - Panathinaikos

PAO_OR_DEATH

just a quick question.....doesnt the protathlima start with Ergotelis first up on SAT 1700 GR (i think )???? it says nothing on www.pao.gr just the match with athletiko in madrid.....

.....MUST win and BIG win......

I must say i am very excited for the new season, i dont know why i just think pao might fluke this season and become champions......

WHAT STATION WILL SHOW MATCH???? i cant find anything online, i hope ert does so i can watch it.

The first Super League game of the season is in Crete against Ergotelis.

Ergotelis beat us both games last season so like Ten Cate said, "we have some unfinished bussiness to take care of" in Crete.

The 18-man squad was announced and those who played badly against Atletico were eliminated: Moon, Mattos, and Spyropoulos. The latter had an altercation with the coach added to his series of boneheaded plays.

I too agree with Kojak in another thread that both Moon and Spyropoulos needed a little shakeup. I've been asking for a LB transfer for two years now but no one is listening :P

But now I am worried.

With the season opening tomorrow we are already painted ourselves in a corner.

I totally understand that the coach needs to find a way to reprimand his players and to keep his team disciplined. I think we've been suffering over the years from coaches that were too soft. I don't think there is a reason to finish Moon and Spyropoulos. Every player makes mistakes and we hope there is enough talent there to keep getting better (although on Spyropoulos I have my doubts if he can grow any more in the position).

However, i don't understand how in the first game of the season we don't have a battle-ready Right or Left Back. It's madness! It's just bad planning.

Darlas was imposed on the team a week or so ago and he didn't even go through preseason training. Can he finish a whole game? And if he does, what made management think he can really play for PAO now? He was horrible when he played for us and he ended up as a bench warmer at PAOK too.

On the right we have zero fullbacks! I hope Mahlelis can step in and win the spot, but the kid is only 18 and even if he does pass the Ergotelis test, can we really rely on him to play at Atletico?

I suspect we'll see Bjarsmyr on the right. He looks more serious and he won't put himself out a play, neither would he try stupid dribbles when there is no one behind him.

Added: Sorry I didn't see the other topic.

Mods: please merge the topics.

Added 2: Katsouranis is out of this one with a suspension the carried from Portugal

---------------------Gali------------------

Vyntra----Sariegui---Byrmsir-----Darla

-------------Simao----Gilberto----------

Salpi---------------Kara---------------Leto

------------------Cisse----------------------

Id like to see Kara play more as a CM in stead of Gilberto and have Ninis on RW with Salpi up front with Cisse

Gali

Vyntra Byesmyr Sari darlas

Simao

Ninis KARA Leto

Salpi Cisse

I expect a tight game, doesnt mean we wont play well. 2-0 win.

For me this game is up to the players, regardless of what team ten cate fields. If they have an respect for the fans, they will win this game.

On another note, im actually happy darlas maybe given a chance, lets see how he goes, he doesnt lack passion thats for sure.

I was thinking back and in the last 5 years.. we have only started once without a DERBY.

our first matches in the last 5 years are as follows

Oly

Aigaleo

Oly

Aek

Its tough to play a first game as a derby and its a waste of a game.

They should do like in spain where they dont allow a derby in the first 4 matches of the season

Topics merged by your friendly gavro....

get out. use your head delete the red

MOD COMMENT: Please all shades of colors are welcomed here, as we GREENS are in the RED sector! We can agree to disagree about our choice of teams but we are all members of this great forum. Let's keep it civilized. Thank you very much!

We need to come out strong this year. 1-3 pao. Cisse, salipi, kara with goals. Let's put a stamp on this season. Our D better shape up though. We really should sign seitaridis already man he would be sooo much better then any rb we have now :(

good result, good game by Leto. Definitley making an impact, maybe he found his club afterall.

Some issues in the back for us, Ergotelis were not as good this year, we finished chances and made 3, so thats a good start to the year as far as Im concerned. With another signing or two to bolster the back we should be able to breeze through Greece playing like that.

Suprised Koiliaras didnt start...Him and Romano could play well together.

I missed the game, but what a pleasant news. I worried that after the Atletiko game and the incidents since then that the team might be distracted in today. PAO is a better team (even last season we were better) but after a euro game we usually do badly in the domestic league.

I take the 3 points from this. And, Cisse's scoring. It could have been a problem if he didn't score for a while. I think he'll do fine this season. Also, Letto can be a long-term great player for us. He fits very nicely in our team. Great acquisition.

Honestly, I hope for a great run for the title, and a decent performance in the europa.

I too missed the game - first one I missed in two years :( Good result, clean score, and it doesn't sound like we left any question marks. Winning games like that with clean scores and relative ease is a must if we want to win the title. Like Athinaios said, it's important that Cisse scored. It's also great that Leto seems to find the net. It was the only question mark about him, given that he didn't score much last season. If he keeps it up we should have a lethal trio up front with all three forwards - Leto-Cisse-Salpi - being prolific as well.

I saw the starting lineup and I looks like Gilberto was the only DM. Is that true, or did Karagounis play deep? Also, where did Christodoulopoulos play?

Koilaras rarely starts for them Drakos.

It's his first game back with Ergotelis. He was at Panionios last year. Back when he did play he was almost always in the lineup.

Definitley a talented young player, Panioinos should really have not given up on him so easily.

Archived