Phantis Forums

NEXTV launched its IPTV platform in USA

To connect the Ethnic people living in North and South America with the best information and entertainment from their Homeland.

NEXTV-America is a joint venture between Ethnic Channels Group Ltd. and EURO-World Network Inc.; the Broadcasters representative for North and South America; responsible for the overall Communication and Distribution Strategy of the media offering.

We are committed to provide our customers and business partners superior value in our service and our people by empowering our team members to be creative, innovative, and team oriented, and by progressively working together to improve our company, our community and ourselves.

NexTV-America works together with European Broadcasters to fulfill an undeniable need that exists within Ethnic people all over the world, to grow and maintain a strong connection with their cultural heritage.

Together we provide the Ethnic people in North and South America with a unique and affordable multi-cultural link to their Homeland, by delivering top-quality Television and Radio programming directly into their living room - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

NexTV-America | Headquarters

40010 Calle Bandido

Murrieta, CA 92562 U.S.A.

www.nextv-america.com

DKSat

This service actually launched a while back not sure why you are posting about it now?! The Canadian service launched almost 2 years ago and does offer a Greek package as I have posted about here on the forums. Supposedly they are looking to launch an IPTV service in Australia as well, not sure what they will be offering?! (NEXTV Australia)

Kolossos, don't go by their website-- these guys only update like once a year, if that, so its possible they offer a Greek package but you won't know because the website is out of date. ;)

I had this service for a short time, not really impressed with it. It is relatively new so I guess its to be expected that any new company will have some problems, growing pains, but this has a long way to go IMO if it wants to be a legitimate TV provider. Here is my assessment of NEXTV:

1- You need unlimited bandwidth in order to use this service because it uses up quite a bit, depending on how much you watch. Here in Canada all the ISP's have implemented bandwidth caps and since this service uses a lot of juice its pretty much pointless to subscribe IMO. I found myself constantly monitoring my usage to make sure I didn't go over. Not really NEXTV's fault but since they do use the Internet to transmit their signal it is major factor on whether to subscribe or not.

2- Customer service needs improvement, they are only available during regular business hours and not on weekends. Not really helpful if you have a question or technical issue you need resolved.

3- The IPG is terrible and basically useless. Apparently it is all done in house but they don't update it regularly and there is no info on any of the channels. For the Greek channels all it says is 'MEGA TV', 'ERT World', it should give you the programming info for each channel. Also when it did display programming info you cannot find out any details about the program like you can with the IPG offered by cable or satellite. This needs major overhaul IMO, not sure if its a S/W problem or if they need to upgrade their hardware (set-top box)?!

4- No flexibility with packages, you must take ALL or nothing. I was interested in only one or two channels- not possible with NEXTV. Also the lineup was a bit weak (No ANT1) and ERT World had constant technical issues while I was a subscriber and was useless to me as it was unwatchable. They also advertise channels they don't offer and are listed as 'coming soon' forever.

5- Picture quality was good but audio quality varied depending on the channel

6- The NEXTV website is crap, never updated and the information is very basic. No real details for any of the channels they offer, just a listing. Also no links to the channel's websites so you can get programming information, if you are interested. Not sure how they attract customers with an outdated website, especially in this day and age when everyone is on the web?!

Overall, I think this service would not appeal to most people, only those who are comfortable with computers. Parents and grandparents would have difficulty and I don't think they would like it.

If they do start here would be interesting to see what they offer I doubt it will do any good....

We here in Australia also have Bandwidth/Download caps which would make this service pretty pointless for the average yaya and papou who want greek tv would end up costing more in most cases...

All these IPTV services are useless until ISP make downloads uncapped and unlimited or else there future is pretty doubtful

If they do start here would be interesting to see what they offer I doubt it will do any good....

We here in Australia also have Bandwidth/Download caps which would make this service pretty pointless for the average yaya and papou who want greek tv would end up costing more in most cases...

All these IPTV services are useless until ISP make downloads uncapped and unlimited or else there future is pretty doubtful

Looks like this bandwidth cap garbage is global not just here :tdown:

I agree that these services are useless as things currently stand but I don't forsee any major changes anytime soon. Here in Canada two of the major ISP's (Bell & Rogers) also own cable (Rogers) and satellite (Bell) companies so they have ulterior motives IMO for putting these caps on. Rogers offers the most ethnic channels of any provider in Canada followed by Bell so basically they are hindering competition by putting in these caps thus forcing you to sign up with their services if you want to watch these types of channels. Bell who is the main telecommunications giant in Canada is now trying to get the government regulator to impose cap limits on independent ISP's, to stifle (or eliminate) competition even further. This is a disgrace, hopefully this is not approved because it will put Canada in line with China or some 3rd world dictatorships where there is no competition allowed. :angry:

IMO as things stand these IPTV services are currently only for the rich because only they can afford the high costs associated with them. In order to get a package with a decent bandwidth cap you have to pay over $50 a month- that is just for Internet service. When you factor in the cost of the IPTV service it gets quite pricey.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if any subscribers in north america have had any issues with Alter? The channel has been down for the last two weeks due to technical difficulties.

Gyros,

Has ERT World been fixed, when I was a sub it have technical problems (audio & video were out of sync) and was unwatchable?! I complained constantly but they didn't care and that eventually led up to my cancellation. Now you say Alter Globe is having problems, so what are you getting in return since you are paying for a package of channels and currently you are not receiving all of them?!

Have they launched Skai yet, that channel has been coming soon for years. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they fix these problems and find a way to get ANT1 on there. They should forget about Skai, it airs mainly foreign programming, ANT1 Satellite is what they need to concentrate on! Too bad they don't offer Internet service or pair up with some company to offer an unlimited package- if they did that I would reconsider becoming a subscriber again.

I don't really know about ERT because I have it on dishnetwork so I don't watch it but they haven't given me anything. Since they take the feed from directv, I was just wondering if any directv subscribers had noticed Alter was down? They haven't given me anything and no they haven't launched skai. Its unfortunate that they are the only one offering this service because their customer service isn't the greatest.

• 3 weeks later...

Really fed up with nextv and their lack of customer service. I have emailed them and left voice mails and no response. Alter has been off the air for over a month and they don't seem to care because they are getting my money. They will be in for a big surprise when I cancel the service this week and do a chargeback on my credit card. Not playing their game.

Gyros,

I feel the same about the customer service (or lack thereof), that's one of the reasons why I canceled the thing. So you're saying when you call, no one answers the phone- weird?! What about calling that guy who is in charge of the Greek package, Chris is his name. So much for their state of the art equipment, what's with all the technical difficulties- I bet if you finally get a hold of someone they will tell you its a problem on your end, like the told me. :rolleyes:

I came across an article about this NEXTV service the other day, it's an interview with the owner of the company. He mentions that they currently have around 10 000 customers total (in Canada AND the US). That is not very many IMO, I wonder how many subs there are to the Greek package, I would guess not very many. Which makes you wonder if they will continue to offer this package with so few subscribers. I noticed on their website, they no longer offer a Ukrainian package, so I wonder which one is next to go?

Oh well, it was a novel idea but I think its ahead of its time and not really ready for mainstream especially in light of the bandwidth caps that ISP's are placing on residential Internet service.

NEXTV

I'm not sure but when I've called them a couple times, their voicemail has been on and this is like 5 pm eastern. The one time I reached them in August, they told me that they were working on it because the channel says "technical difficulties" so its obviously them. I realized I can live with antenna and ert on dishnetwork and save the $41 month. If dish decides to get some of the channels back then I might bite, but I'm done with nextv.

They have been showing it here every afternoon live from Greece

Maybe they are playing it live only at 12 midnight then. It is on the schedule for both 12AM (live) and then 7AM again in the morning. I will have to check if they are showing it at 12. Strange that they are not showing it at 7.....

Well true to my word, I sent the box back and cancelled the service and did a chargeback for the amount I was charged last month.  They didn't seem to care when I called to cancel.

Well if that's how much they care about customers then I don't see the Greek package being around for very long. Too bad because its currently the only way for us here in Canada to access Alter Globe & Alpha Sat. I wonder how many people outside of these forums actually know about this service, I have never seen any ads from NEXTV.

Once upon a time there was a poster here from NEXTV but I have not heard from him in a while. You would think that he would come on here and give folks some info and provide some explanations about the service and problems (like the issues with Alter Globe) but I guess he doesn't care either. :huh:

Archived