Phantis Forums

Alexandros Tziolis - (retired)

js1000

playing regularly for bremen i'm surprised no one opened this topic sooner. on loan at preasant hopefully he'll get a permanent move in the summer

He has been playing regularly, however he didn't get a run in the 2nd leg semi versus Hamburg which Werder won. A bit dissapointing. Hopefully he hasn't been demoted by the manager.

It would be great for him and for Greek football if he gets a shot at the UEFA Final. Would be a very big thing to win against Shakhtar.

• 2 weeks later...

He has been playing regularly, however he didn't get a run in the 2nd leg semi versus Hamburg which Werder won. A bit dissapointing. Hopefully he hasn't been demoted by the manager.

It would be great for him and for Greek football if he gets a shot at the UEFA Final. Would be a very big thing to win against Shakhtar.

He got subbed in overtime for the UEFA Cup final, and was not far off from equalizing Shakhtar with a shot on goal.

I was amazed how much the announcers here in the USA were talking about him, even when he wasn't playing. They were saying things like "The one big surprise for Werder Bremen is that they didn't start Tziolis" and "they should have put him in earlier". I haven't seen him play for Werder Bremen other than the UEFA Cup final, but it looks like he's doing well so far.

It would be nice to see a Greek star in one of the top leagues, hope he stays there.

Edited by BlueStriker

I thought Tziolis not starting actually was a suprise. He had been a regular in most of Werders UEFA Cup games except the 2nd leg vs Hamburg, and especially with Almeida out indefinitly, Tziolis I thought for sure would start.

I also heard the British TV commentators mention something like this.

He is doing well at Werder. PAO would be stupid to rule out his return.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw Siena's 1-1 draw at home to Parma last week. Tziolis was arguably man of the match. He played in quite an attacking role in midfield and looked lively. He hit the bar in the first half with a fantastic header and went close with a shot in the 2nd half. His passing was neat too. Dare I say he already looks like an improved player! Maybe he just had a good game but he seemed fitter and sharper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Tziolis has agreed to return to Racing Santander in La Liga. They face a real battle to stay in the division this year and they haven't got much money but former Aris manager Raul Hector Cuper is the manager and believes Tziolis can help. He's having a medical tomorrow

Tziolis has agreed to return to Racing Santander in La Liga. They face a real battle to stay in the division this year and they haven't got much money but former Aris manager Raul Hector Cuper is the manager and believes Tziolis can help. He's having a medical tomorrow

As a fan of the NT I was concerned that he wasn't going to find a team with the stop/start negotiations at Olympiako.

At least he is in a La Liga squad and yes these guys are going to struggle, but they did well against Valencia in the 1st round despite losing 4-3.

I hope Cuper plays him regularly.

• 3 weeks later...

played the full 90 last night vs real in their 0-0 draw and played very well, doing a good job in a deep midfield position.

apparently cuper sung his praises after the match..not bad for a midfielder who is not quite 100% fit yet...lets hope he continues and builds on this performance...he is still 26 and still has time to improve and mature his game...

wow that is good, what did cuper say exactly?

Your mates at goal.com gave him a 6.5:

"Impressive performance from the Greece international who competed well with the Madrid midfield. His passing was fairly reliable and he made some decent challenges."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/62948/raci.../player-ratings

Edited by Euro2004

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Alexandros Tziolis ‒ Free Agent
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Alexandros Tziolis - (retired)
  • Nikitas unlocked this topic