Phantis Forums

PAO v. OFI

athinaios

Traditionally, strange results happen in these last days. I hope we clean this game up quickly so we can enter the playoffs with some momentum. The lineup will be new, but there is no reason not to win comfortably even with our second team.

It's interesting that Goumas, Vintra, Melissis, Sariegi, Spyropoulos are all out for this one either with injuries or cards. So we'll see a new lineup on defense with either David or Simao getting a spot at CB next to Jakub. Moon will probably play on the left and Nilsson on the right. If Simao plays CB instead of David then Mattos is sure to join Gilberto as DM. I can see Simao sitting out this one after coming back overweight from the Easter break.

There was a report that Ivanschitz was tried at LB in practice this week but I would be very surprised to see him play on defense.

The interesting part is that we will have zero defenders on the bench. On the other hand, all our AMs and forwards are available. Even Mantzios seems to have recovered and might see some action.

4-0

PAOK will most likely get second place so it doesn't matter what we do in this game.

I hope the guys are ready for the the playoffs. Are the POs set for next season too? I don't like them. Watch, they'll change them to include the top finisher when PAO wins the title! :LOL:

this team just cant score......

seriously a headache.

This has been easily our worst domestic season in years.

If it werent for a good run of european form vs Werder and Inter we'd be having one of our worst ever seasons.

Amazing how we thought things would change for the better after the new PAE. Its only been one season, but its one more of the exact same thing. How well this management can respond to this fiasco is going to show if anything has truly changed.

Whats the point of Ivanschitz at LB......? Hes our best player offensively. Put him up instead of Clayton, who is crap.

Remember, Peseiro ruined the team whenever he let Ivan out of it last year.

0-0 half. Simply Embarassing.

I like HTC but Im losing faith. These decisions were extremley poor.

Ivanschitz our most talented left footer as an LB???????? Clayton at LM? Clayton is horrible, and wasting the ball and everthing. Move Ivanchitz where he belongs and let him help, hes usually the only player that can.

I missed the whole first half and have been watching the second half intermittently. It looks like these end-of-season games. OFI players are thinking of summers at the beach, and Panathinaikos puts in a token effort to make sure they win without really sweating too much. 3-1 is not too bad. Ivan as LB is not too bad of an idea in such games where we don't expect much pressure and the backs can spend more time forward.

yeah, the playoffs are a joke with serious ramifications. They wanted to make it more interesting by keeping the points close. Sooo, Larissa who finished 14 points behind second place has a realistic chance of representing Greece in the CL.

For PAO though it is the second time we get a second chance to attain something we failed to win during the season. As such, I hope they take the field and treat it like a CL group. We can beat any and all of these teams home and away.

I hate the idea of playing qualifiers in the middle of the summer, but oth, I might get to watch a game when I am in Greece.

That's why I said earlier, our game against OFI wouldn't make any difference in the standings or the playoffs.

I don't like the playoffs. But to be honest, without them, PAO would not have a second chance! This is a disgrace for our club.

I do think the second finisher should go to the CL without the stupid playoff system. On the other hand, we all know that PAO is the best Greek team to represent the country in Europe.

Ten Kate said that we could easily have won 14 points against 3 teams (Asteras, Iraklis, and Ergotelis) and thus the title. This pathetic performance came against second-tier teams!

Anyway, on to the playoffs...

PS>if they really want to make the league more interesting they should make it more competitive and professional. Sorry to bring this up--because I know it doesn't matter to many fans--but I like the sport so I'm interested in seeing good entertaining games. I watch other leagues (outside Greece) and I see teams who provide the fans with an entertainment value.......

make it close? thats ridiculous.

Honestly, 3210? so you put 1 point in between each team? stupid system, the playoffs really should be scrapped altogheer.

I mean playoffs for 2-5?

What about when Greece loses its coefficient standing and only has 1 CL spot? :LOL: what then? Play for UEFA Cup places 2-5???

PAO should really be just given the CL spot, in the interest of the leagues coefficient. Wed be overwhelming favourites to get into the group stage compared to the other 3 who are unseeded, and will be in the drawing pot with the likes of Arsenal, Valencia, Fiorentina, Roma, Chelsea, Hamburg etc.

Otherwise, I can see this PAO screwing about and coming in 3rd, while PAOK goes and makes it past Dinamo Minsk in the 2nd Qual round but then draws Fiorentina in the 3rd and gets hammerd 5-2 on aggregate and then are in the UEFA Cup anyways.

PAO should really be just given the CL spot, in the interest of the leagues coefficient. Wed be overwhelming favourites to get into the group stage compared to the other 3 who are unseeded, and will be in the drawing pot with the likes of Arsenal, Valencia, Fiorentina, Roma, Chelsea, Hamburg etc.

Otherwise, I can see this PAO screwing about and coming in 3rd, while PAOK goes and makes it past Dinamo Minsk in the 2nd Qual round but then draws Fiorentina in the 3rd and gets hammerd 5-2 on aggregate and then are in the UEFA Cup anyways.

oh, you forgot to add the worst part of the scenario for Greece...

only Olympiacos in group stages! I think that's enough said for a misery! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Archived