Phantis Forums

Oly v. PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to say more? We're going to Karaiskaki on Sunday for bragging rights and a few league points.  Hopefully we'll see them again in the cup final :D

I want Goumas to score.

If PAO wins the game the league could become VERY interesting. PAO will then be -8. Then Olympiakos travels to Toumba (where they've already lost this season), if that score line is repeated and PAO wins, the deficit drops to -5, combined with the fact that Olympiakos would have lost 5 in a row. That will almost certainly lead to Valverde getting sacked and with Olympiakos suffering psychologically (i.e. a huge confidence blow) and physically (they've looked very lethargic in the last few games) it could be an exciting finish.

P.S. Is Karagounis fit for this game?

First thing, I have no f**n idea how the terrible and slavish Olympiakos I saw at Ali Sami Yen against Galatasaray this season has built an 11-point-lead over PAO who has the better squad, better coach and better run in Europe (well, the last one was always the case since something like 1915 but anyway.. :) ) !

Still relying on 52-year-old Djordjevic and 47-year-old Kovacevic to score, and coming into this game after a nice second half at El Madrigal, I do sense a Panathinaikos win in this one with the probable score of 0-1 or 0-2. I also don't quite think Frinos will score.

One final question, is that supersize Domi still playing in that left-back position for Olympiakos? I have a feeling they even missed the Turkish lad Bulut that played in his position :LOL:

For Panathinaikos Mantzios is most likely out. He has a tear in his knee ligaments and will probably sit out until the Villarreal next game. Watching how the Frenchies had the air open, I hope Petropoulos plays well and scores a couple to get his career going. Early reports indicate that Wawrzyinak will play LB and Vintra-Sariegi at CB.

For Olympiakos Domi is out, and maybe Dudu. Galleti will play, and A. Papadopoulos returns from a flu spell.

My prediction: 0-4

47-year-old Kovacevic to score

I dont want to comment the rest of your post,it is your opinion and you are allowed to have it and express it but since you are not keeping up to date with Olympiakos current events from what i see in yor post,Kovacevic had a serious heart condition and he had surgery already and he is going to have a nice and long life but unfortunately he was forced to retire from profesional football.I am kind of sensitive about the whole thing so that is why i wanted to correct/inform you about it.

There seems to be a lot of exuberance in the PAO camp and I hope it doesn't end up backfiring. The game at Karaiskaki is not an easy one. Olympiakos can go through these moments where they move the ball well, and a couple of their players can do really well on one-on-one situations. We need to be very careful and very smart.

I would not be surprised to see a 4-3-2-1 with Wawrzyinak as the third DM. With Mantzios out, Pertropoulos would do well since Olympiakos seems to have problems on high balls. I see Salpi starting as well since he is rested, and there is no way Karagounis would miss this one. If we do play with only 2 DMs it would be interesting to see who the second AM would be (Gabriel, Ninis, Cleyton, or Ivan?)

The 18 man quads are announced.

For Pao, Mantzios-Mattos are injured. Moon, David, Melissis are out. For Olympiakos Leto was eliminated (doesn't get along with Valverde) and Galleti, Dudu, Beluchi are game-ready.

I hope it's a good game for a change. I am tired of watching freekicks every two minutes lobbing the ball into the boxes.

The lineup is in:

--------------Galinovic--------------

Nilsson--Vintra--Sariegi--Wawrzyniak

Karagounis--Simao--Gilberto--Ivanschitz

-------Salpigidis-----Roukavina------

or with the same players.

--------------Galinovic---------------

Nilsson--Vintra--Sariegi--Wawrzyniak

----------Simao--Gilberto-----------

Karagounis---Roukavina---Ivnschitz

--------------Salpigidis--------------

Karoulias and Konstantiou on TV say it's too risky a lineup :blink:

You can't win with those palaimaxoi. You field a defensive side they say it's a disgrace for a big club to play defensively. You field an attack-minded first 11 and they 're not happy either. It doesn't really matter what they say really so I 've given up on them. Not to mention their attitude which reminds me of humble employees who want to keep their bosses happy no matter what. These Athlitiki Kuriaki people ruin my Sundays with their stupidity and lack of professionalism.

I agree Titus, Athlitiki Kyriaki is turning into a show of rumbling idiots. It reminds me of Dirty Harry who said "Opinions are like a-------. Everyone has one". Their game analysis is so shallow it seems like they barely understand football tactics. And I don't understand why they have to read every little announcement by teams/presidents/fan clubs and all that. Who cares. I remember the Athlitiki Kyriaki with Diakogiannis. They showed extended highlights from the major game of the day, the major events and goals from other games, a few brief interviews, and then the highlights from Europe. 2 hours of fun. Now it's all this rumling/make it up as we go along round table crap. I don't even watch it any more.

Lets be honest.. this game means nothing.. the sfirixtres decided this championship a long time ago....

Its all about fine tuning and gettin ready for villareal which is our biggest match of the year.

Let oly toy around with this bogus league as long as we keep playing the way we play in europe.

Lets hope for a win, lets prob see a draw but we can expect a loss

Archived