Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Saint Etienne

Crazy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valverde and Nikopolidis made statements as part of the UEFA pre-game activities and these are some of their highlights:

Valverde:We will try first to score and win the game and then try not to let Saint Etienne score one us.I believe that we have to wait for the second game also(away)because right now is really hard for any team to believe or achive that kind of victory that will guarante a spot in the next round.

Nikopolidis:We want to get a score that will allow us to feel confident that we are the ones going to the next round.It is up to and how ready we will be to achieve that.We have played against better teams and especailly here at home,nobody has walked away with any points or wins against us.The french team is young and they will try to get a result that suits them but i believe that they are coming with defencive plans on mind.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Europe/UEFACup...cos/231015.html

The game is going to be televised by SKAI Tv in Greece and i will try to check if they will aslo have it for free on ther website.

Here is a link but again,i dont now if they will have it live tomorrow.They used to have Olympiakos europe basket games last year and they would have some of them live on their web site but again,i am not sure about this one.

http://www.skai.gr/master_livestream.php?r...024&rtk=t&lsc=1

St Ettiene are an unusual team... they have a crap defence in the league but in Europe they are fairly solid. At home they create a great atmposphere too. So combine those to factors: a solid team with a good home support and they are very dangerous. What worries me is that the Greek media and Oly fans are already talking as if Olympiakos are going to play Milan! This is dangerous.

So I think alot depends on what Oly team turns up. Olympiakos is unbeaten at home now in 9 European games so I can't really see St Ettiene winning but if Olympiakos don't turn up a 0-0 or 1-1 is very possible. This would be very difficult to overturn in front of their home crowd. So Olympiakos has to start hard and fast and show his serious face. If that happens I predict a 3-0 win.

The game is going to be televised by SKAI Tv in Greece and i will try to check if they will aslo have it for free on ther website.

Here is a link but again,i dont now if they will have it live tomorrow.They used to have Olympiakos europe basket games last year and they would have some of them live on their web site but again,i am not sure about this one.

http://www.skai.gr/master_livestream.php?r...024&rtk=t&lsc=1

Thanks for the link Crazy :tup:

I just saw a commercial for the game on SKAI. I hope they show it on their website as well.

Archived