Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - PAOK

cyberfish

Paok is coming from an emotional win against Olympiakos and Panathinaikos has been playing as if they have no motive. It could be interesting. Mattos, Sariegi are injured and I read Ivanschitz is out with cards. We'll probably see Jakub at CB again, and reports say Petropoulos will start at CF.

You know my prediction: big win for PAO and four set pieces squandered by Karagounis :P

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this game is quite easily our biggest domestic game left this season. 1st place has been dead since October, and honestly forget Karaiskaki, its honestly just another league game at this point. Its far more important to beat PAOK than OSFP, were after 2nd, as long as we have chances for CL next season in the qualifyers, then were not F***ED.

We need 3 points as always, and we need to dislodge PAOK's 2nd place and take it. Its got to be now, anything other than a win is a big time shame and disgrace, its a hard game, but far too important to blow off.

Good thing is Conceicao should be out with a red card, right?

I agree this is a very important game. We are one point behind PAOK and we need to win for many reasons.

David was included in the 20 man squad for this game because Melissis had a muscle pull. Our bench is thinner than toilet paper. With Goumas, Sariegi, Mattos, Melissis injured I am not sure why we chose this game for Ivanschitz to sit out with cards. Not sure if we didn't have a choice but I would think Ivan would have been immensely more useful than any other player even coming off the bench.

I saw the 2 cup games vs Aris and the one against Olympiakos and I don't think PAOK have recovered physically from the Aris games. Despite both PAOK-Aris games being 0-0 they took alot out of the players. The first game at Toumba was very difficult because the weather was terrible and the pitch was heavy. The 2nd game went all the way to penalties. Then against Olympiakos, PAOK had a great first half but a very poor 2nd half mainly because the players seemed to tire. So when they're this tired I doubt they'll fancy a trip to Athens. For those reasons I think PAO will be clear favourites and should win.

Having said this Muslimovic was rested against Olympiakos and Choutos will be keen to impress on his debut so they should be lively and dangerous. And you just know they'll be organised at the back so PAO should try and finish this game early. Having seen their last few game I'm sure PAOK will tire but if they're still level with 20 mins to go adrenalin could get them through, so PAO can't afford their typical slow start in this game.

Prediction: 1-0

The lineup:

----------------Galinovic----------------

Nilsson---Vintra--Wawrzyniak--Spyropoulos

Ninis----Simao----Gilberto--Karagounis

-------Salpigidis---Mantzios---------

Our bench: Tzorvas, Moon, David, Cleyton, Christodoulopoulos, Petropoulos, Roukavina.

For Paok, Mouslimovic is on the bench, Choutos out of the 18.

Let's hope for a good game. I am glad to see both Ninis and Mantzios starting and I hope they both have a breakthrough game.

I am watching Net now and they show showed an amazing goal by Rotsa against PAOK. Ah, these were the days: Rotsa, Saravakos, Dimopoulos, Warzycha, Antoniou, Apostolakis, Kyrastas, ...

Spyropoulos has horrible technique crossing the ball. He usually just slices the ball and makes it a floater. Third through ball to Mantzios. A faster CF would had scored one but defenders can catch up with Mantzios who stops the ball and always looks for a challenge instead of looking to shoot.

how about all three

:LOL: :LOL: that will be nice... Then we get excited, raise our hopes, and in the next game our team sucks... :angry:

At least this new guy Jakub seems solid, especially considering that he just arrived a few days ago... :tup:

Ha ha, Darlas kung fu kick to Ninis' head! Yellow.

Now ninis is finding some space on the right. A, re Simao is our top player. If he could only get the fan love some others get.

After PAOK was holding possession in the beginning we switched to a 4-2-3-1 and we have balanced things up. Now Ninis and Karagounis swapped from left to right with salpi in the middle behind Mantzio.

Archived