Phantis Forums

Ergotelis v. Panathinaikos

athinaios

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ivan has fallen at the bottom of the depth chart mostly because of the competition in the AM position, and partly because when he has played he did not shine as much as the others.

My feeling is that there is no conspiracy theory. It's really a simple case of the players in form given preference.

There are 7 AMs on the team (and with Salpi playing deep, there are 8). There will alwasy be two good players who can't make the squad. Try it yourselves; make a 4-2-3-1 formation and keep six players on the bench (plus Tzorva). Who would you leave out? Ninis? Roukavina? Cleyton? Gabriel? X'poulos? Salpi?

Christodoulopoulos was left out of the squad for a month almost but as soon as he was given a chance, he did well in Komontini and Ten Cate rewarded him. In the same game Ivan played a little in the end and he was as good as invisible. I think if Ivan picks up his game he'll be back. Ivan is a good player an I think he'll benefit from the competition.

Actually, I am worried more about the fact that we have zero center backs available for this game. Goumas is injured and Sariegi is out with cards. this leaves Vintra available, and Ten Cate will probably play either Simao or Gilberto at CB!

The lineup is in. Roukavina, Cleyton, Moon, Melissis, start instead of Spyropoulos, Salpigidis, Mantzios, Sariegi (out with cards).

Ninis starts once again.

I am not sure who will play CB next to Vintra. Simao, Melissis, and Gilberto can play and the media reported Gilberto will be the one. But I have a hard time believing that TenCate will take Gilberto out of midfield. So, it's media vs. cyberfish. I predict Simao will be the CB for this one. :P

For Ergotelis it's interesting that Daskalakis and Ogousoto are on the bench.

Anyway, I hope it works out for Panathinaikos and we score 4 more goals with Roukavina and Cleyton establishing that they can be starters in the long run.

You know, distance or intent don't really count when the defender gets an unfair advantage due to an outstreched arm, esp on the box. No big deal, though. After that Gilberto penalty we 're not taking any more this season anyway. I told you guys last week: everybody is gonna talk about that one rather than the clear penalty and ejection in the 1st half. We 're used to it - no sweat.

PS: Hi Cyber!

Is anybody else's MyTV (Greek Live) being completley obnoxious?

I can barely watch the game, and I have great bandwidth.

I like the Ergotelis bunny Rabbit, the lineup is interesting.

I have a suspicion Rukavina will be more of a super-sub.

Well see if hes for 90 minutes, its good he gets a chance to show it.

But, most important is just 3 points. Champions League next year, and the Greek Cup IMO are priorities.

Clayton should have scored an easy one at 5' after a great Ninis assist. Things would be different now...

Anyway, we'll play better, I hope.... Maybe I should start chewing those leaves again.. :P

All right, Athinaios is on the case. I have no fear :tup:

The team is slower than molasses. By the time we move the ball forward there are 20 players in the box.

Haven't started getting high yet.... There goes my afternoon :blink: Ah, ok, I'll pick one who hasn't scored in a while to score now...

35 minutes of nothingness. Not even one chance aside from that so-called shot by Cleyton. Roukavina likes to play around the box so there is no one inside to pose a threat. We need a spark and a little more running if we are to win this one. Ninis, Cleyton, and Kara could step it up a notch.

Archived