Phantis Forums

Agia Sophia Stadium

nightsurfer

No news yet and with the elections coming up it will only delay it further.

We are obviously $20 mill short due to the current govt blocking us the money we were promised, great country they don't want jobs being created by the looks of it.

F***en Syriza more important to them to sell out Greece than help her.

Ah let's give 20 mil to the club with the richest owner in the country instead of giving money to help the Greeks that are starving to death. Yeah very logical.

And don't give me that crap about creating jobs. Half of the money spend on the stadium will end up in the pockets of construction companies owned by Meli or his friends the other half will end up through some other dirty deal in the pockets of Meli. Like with his dirty oil deals, where he was almost convicted for, untill his friends from Nea Demokratia were paid off by him and helped him out.

Edited by Doxa
  • Like it 1

Ah let's give 20 mil to the club with the richest owner in the country instead of giving money to help the Greeks that are starving to death. Yeah very logical.

And don't give me that crap about creating jobs. Half of the money spend on the stadium will end up in the pockets of construction companies owned by Meli or his friends the other half will end up through some other dirty deal in the pockets of Meli. Like with his dirty oil deals, where he was almost convicted for, untill his friends from Nea Demokratia were paid off by him and helped him out.

Very rich coming from a gavro to be talking about shady presidents. Yeah Mel is dirty and shady but Marinakis no, he's an angel and the gandi of greek football.........

The stadium will create hundreds of jobs and improve the general area of Nea Filadelphia, make it a tourist attraction and generate some sort of life into the place instead of the ghost town it is now.

• Like it 1

I've never said Marinakis is an Angel but your president was already doing dirty deals with government officials when Marinakis was still in kindergarten.

Also for you, spare me the fairytales of wanting the money from the government just to create jobs. If the future of that stadium was such a moneymaker Meli would have build it already with his own money.

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...

What is the latest on this? Last I read, it was the Ministry of the Environment that needed to conduct an environmental impact study and issue the final permit for construction to proceed. Is it still being held up by the ministry?

• 2 weeks later...

to be quite honest I don't think olympiakos have anything to do with stopping us building a stadium. if it wasn't for the Olympic committee being so desperate and forced to build karaiskaki olympiacos would be in the same boat as us. I remember they were trying to build a new stadium in rendi for ages.

PAOKSWEDEN I had once seen (about 2 years ago) footage of PAOK and the changes they wanted to make to the stadium and also to have training fields, not sure what happened and why they have gone ahead yet but they also looked very good.... Shame Greece is so f*cked up that they don't want the nation going forward and stopping teams from building stadiums, which will also create jobs for people.....

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...