Phantis Forums

Agia Sophia Stadium

nightsurfer

Dug this up as our Stadium topic. Looks like everything is looking good right now. Vasilopoulo is back peddling but at the same time he's still reserved. Who knows what this skouliki has up his sleeves. 

http://www.aek1924.gr/podosfairo/podosfairo-andrwn/item/41798-%CF%86%CE%AD%CF%81%CE%BD%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%BD-%CF%87%CF%81%CE%AE%CE%BC%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%B1-%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%B1-%CF%84%CE%B7%CE%BD-%C2%AB%CE%B1%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%AC-%CF%83%CE%BF%CF%86%CE%B9%CE%AC%C2%BB

Melisanidi heading to the US for potential investors. 

Edited by CHE21QNS

I think he'll find something. He's saving face for the moment, but at the end of the day he has nothing to lose. I see this pest giving us a hard time till the day its built. Afterall that is why he's there.  Lets hope otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...

You may have been talking about it for 10 years BUT in the last 10 years who's actually made an effort for it to be built? Has anyone else said they want to build in in Philadelphia?  I don't remember anyone going this effort that's been put in.

They have no legs to stand on to not let us build now with STE siding with us that helps us big time,its taken time and massive delays but they really have no other reasons to stop us from building and Meli knows this that's why he's stayed quiet all this time. He's done everything that's been asked and now they have run out of ideas to keep delaying us....

Do I believe it can be built by then? If they get started by June/July this year then yes I believe it can be done as it takes a good 18 months to build a stadium....

Have faith as one of the people involved in getting it done said "if we didn't think we could build the stadium we wouldn't be putting in this much effort"

As much as we all want the stadium done in a hurry myself included sometimes we also need to be patient as there have been a lot of hurdles & obstacles we have had to overcome to get this far and get the grants required.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

F*** Syriza!!!!!

The clean up started yesterday and a mate who lives in Philadelphia said they were also putting up new fencing, but the main thing everyone wanted to see was if this fencing would also go to the new area that we won in court.....

Slowly slowly things are getting started!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how many F***en stages does this need to go thru...greek red tape at its worst..

Pretty much the same process someone has to go through for something like taxes or insurance. Go to the office in Pirea for human services, they send you to the office in Egaleo, they send you to the main offices in the Kentro, then they send you to the office that "specializes" in your matter, then they tell you they can't help you because they need different papers, etc.......One big ###### headache to keep public sector jobs from becoming obsolete.

• 2 weeks later...

I read that even though the Council of State has overruled the municipalities objections to the plans, there still must be an environmental impact study completed by the Interior Ministry. From what I read, the Minister of Interior is not in favor of the project and could refuse to issue the appropriate approvals.

• 2 months later...