Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Anorthosi

cyberfish

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to PAO. It was touching to see some of the PAO fans on here, such as Drakos, rooting for Inter to equalise so we coule make the UEFA. It was nice to see that even in your time of triumph you were thinking of us.

Aside from the game itself, I'd like to say that it was also great to see the great atmosphere in which the games were played. In the first game Ano fans had banners reading "PAO, an den itan i Ano apenanti sou, 8a eimaste mazi sou". And in this game we saw PAO fans holding banners welcoming Anorthosis to Athens. It was nice to see and the way all games between Greek and Cypriot teams should be played.

I'm devasted our dream has ended, and with the age of our players it's unlikely that we'll ever live moments like these again, but I'm grateful to have experienced it. For me, this journey was only a couple of levels lower than Greece winning Euro 2004. Anyway, now...

OLOI MAZI PROS TO TELIKO!!! :gr: :gr:

I watched the game with my 5 month old son and it was his first Pao game that we watched together.

Here are some pics of what he thought:

0-0 at half time i dont like the looks of this

Posted Image

Karagounis scored we are thru!!!!

Posted Image

Bring it on we can beat anyone Baba!

Posted Image

Congrats to PAO. Very impressive in reaching first place over Inter. Its certainly a greater achievement than anything Olympiakos did all these past years in the CL.. I hope PAO can get a favorable draw on Friday.

awesome kid xxx18T! na sou zhsei!

Im sure youll have those pics for years to come as will he, his first ever PAO goal celebration! :)

BTW, sharp jersey in the 3rd photo...i dont seem to remember this one it has pin stripes? What season was this? Was this the one from the first half of last year maybe or was it earlier? Get yourself a centennial yet?

Congrats to PAO. It was touching to see some of the PAO fans on here, such as Drakos, rooting for Inter to equalise so we coule make the UEFA. It was nice to see that even in your time of triumph you were thinking of us.

Aside from the game itself, I'd like to say that it was also great to see the great atmosphere in which the games were played. In the first game Ano fans had banners reading "PAO, an den itan i Ano apenanti sou, 8a eimaste mazi sou". And in this game we saw PAO fans holding banners welcoming Anorthosis to Athens. It was nice to see and the way all games between Greek and Cypriot teams should be played.

I'm devasted our dream has ended, and with the age of our players it's unlikely that we'll ever live moments like these again, but I'm grateful to have experienced it. For me, this journey was only a couple of levels lower than Greece winning Euro 2004. Anyway, now...

OLOI MAZI PROS TO TELIKO!!! :gr: :gr:

I seriously hope the Ano team stays together and makes it again next year. I think its extremely realistic for Anorthosis to make it to the 3rd Qual round again, and pending on their draw (they are good, but if they draw a Liverpool-Arsenal etc then were not as likley to see them back in it. Anorthosis had a good campaign, and they made NO game easy whatsoever for their opponents and missed out on qualification by only 2 points. What was amazing, if Ano had won last night, they would have actually won the group. So its hard to beleive that they end up in last.

Actually I think, Anorthosis waited with PAO fans in the silence (i watched the first couple minutes, and i forget how many they waited till they started up (and chanted batsoi, ******* dolofonoi and then it was nice to hear only PAO chants throughout (well I dont know about Ano, I turned the game off to study for an exam.

Anorthosis also made some chant against the police and PAO applauded. They are similar clubs really...they arent huge on domestic, but in Europe, they lead the way by far for Greece and Cyprus !

The releif was not only to see the fans coexist, but also that it took a break from this whole cop shooting saga.

As for teliko...man i wish. I think PAO made massive success in turning around a horrific start and even winnign the group. I dont think we can ask for more unless our draw is quite good, like Sporting Lisbon, who is the most beatable (still very good team this year). The good news is, were going to avoid group winners such as Barcelona and Man U and Liverpool. But everysingle team past this point is incredibly difficult. It will requre hell on earth in OAKA yet another astonishing effort, and more great tactics from HTC.

Thanks guys he has a lot in common with Pao already being born in 2008 ;) im sure we will have plenty to celebrate just like i did with my dad.

Drakos: Jersey is from the 2006 - 2007 season and it has pin stripes which is a nice touch.

I got 2 centennials:

Green with Karagounis in Champions League fonts and Champions League patch

White with Saravakos for Miltiadi which is way too big for him.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I watched the match last night after work.

First off, Karagounis is your heart and soul. That guy doesn't give up. I bet he drives his wife crazy at home.

Goumas is also a very key player to the team.

Also let me say that I actually like Henk TC, but what was with some of his selections?

He brought on Ivanschitz on in the 91st?!? Prior to the goal, the match was sreaming out for a PAO player with some creative ability to take control. Cleyton was out of his depth.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of campaign. It's not going to be easy.

Good observations Akriti.

I don't claim to have answers but here are a couple of thoughts:

Ivan is still a factor and Ten Cate uses him very often, but he is far from irreplaceable from what I've seen this year. He has these long periods in the game where he disappears.

Karagounis came out in the 91 for the standing ovation. It was a good move by HTC to build a little more on the morale of players and fans.

Another little thought: The team that played against Anorthosi had only one new player compared to last year Gilberto (and Mantzios too who was gone half the season), and everyone seems to play so much better now.

Nice pictures of the kid and the jerseys XXX-18T.Now i have a face to visualize with my frustration every time we rumble(me+you) in here...........just joking.Na sou zisei o diadoxos kai panta etsi,nikes..stin europi.

Archived