Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Anorthosi

cyberfish

I know there is the game at Xanthi coming up first, but it's hard to focus on the Greek league when we have an excellent chance of advancing to the UEFA Champions League 16 best teams of Europe.

If we don't get this superleague title, it will be a big deal, but if we manage to do well in Europe instead, then this year will add to an already rich european PAO legacy. Losing the superleague title in ten years will be just another "oh well" forgotten season; just another number, while advancing to the 16 and beyond in UEFA Champions League will be a point of reference for decades. I do think that organizations need to re-adjust their objectives based on their progress and position, and it looks like Panathinaikos should do the same.

I am sure PAO fans will be happy at the end of the year if we do advance to the 16 (or beyond) and play a few more games like the ones we played against Bremen and Inter.

On the other hand, if Anorthosis comes and crashes our party by beating Panathinaikos in OAKA, it could mark another huge disappointment for fans and another inevitable "rebuilding".

There is a lot riding on the result of this game. Advancement with a "meh" performance would be fine. Advancement with a good performance would be perfect. A loss would be catastrophic.

So, excuse me for shunning Xanthi and thinking ahead to this momentous event.

It's still early, but we do have to cope with some bad news. Nilsson will be out with an injury so given that Moon is also injured (had an operation and won't be ready) we have to shift our entire defense again. Vintra would have to move to the right, and Goumas will start next to Sariegi for sure.

We'll know more in another week, but I'd like to see us go back to our 4-2-3-1

-------------------Galinovic--------------

Vintra------Goumas--Sariegi---Spyropoulos

---------------Simao--Gilberto--------------

--Gabriel---------Karagounis----Ivanschitz

--------------------Mantzios--------------

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to keep it simple.GET THE WIN.Greece needs a draw and a win to get closer to the 12th spot in the UEFA rankings so again GET THE WIN.You are at home,in Europe you play better than in Greece,more focused and energy so get it.

Hey i didn't say we don't have anyone to put in :) Ninis would be good. So would Cleyton as a matter of fact.

Like Crazy said, we need to win, no matter who plays. If we try to be too careful playing for two results we could be crying. You know the scenario. We play very carefully, the score is zero - zero, the 70th minute comes and we all get very anxious about the opponent scoring. Then the team gets anxious and pulls back to their half, and what do you know...

Anorthosi is a very nice team, but in this game I hope we go in to finish it off early. We should approach this game as if we still need a win with two goals difference. Two goals before half time are in order. Ninis with both to make NYPAO13 happy :tup:

But, if past performance is an indication of a future one....

PAO does very well when it plays against an opponent that tries to win. However, when we MUST win we blow it! :angry:

This team has shown that it can play any BIG team and do well, but when it has to attack and totally dominate a much weaker opponent they can't do it!

I would not be surprised if PAO struggled against ANO.

yeah, I hear that 130 shops have been destroyed in Athens and that there's lots of problems...

Honestly I don't want to see this game postponned. I think PAO is ready (or as ready as it can be these days).

the game is on......

stupid move if you ask me, very stupid move.

Stadium will just bring out more. If anarchists are in the stands, Greece will be set to be banned their next home game (and imagine if they progress) especially since Anorthosis are more right wing team and surely they have fans there.

My good wishes to the safety of Anorthosis fans and team. I dont want them cuaght up in this s%$#!, and remember, this is why you want an independent Cyprus. So you dont have to deal with the idiots in Greece running your lives. Youd have to be an idiot to want Enosis with this worthless nation.

I hope PAO progresses, and the whole thing does not get hijacked by idiot fanatics. So far the OSFP game in Karaiskaki didnt seem to go down too bad......Id like to see PAO fans show some objects to the idiocy that has happened in their city, but I dont want a class war tonight.

I wish the game was in Cyprus. I dont even want to look at Greece right now. <_<

the game is on......

stupid move if you ask me, very stupid move.

Stadium will just bring out more. If anarchists are in the stands, Greece will be set to be banned their next home game (and imagine if they progress) especially since Anorthosis are more right wing team and surely they have fans there.

My good wishes to the safety of Anorthosis fans and team. I dont want them cuaght up in this s%$#!, and remember, this is why you want an independent Cyprus. So you dont have to deal with the idiots in Greece running your lives. Youd have to be an idiot to want Enosis with this worthless nation.

I hope PAO progresses, and the whole thing does not get hijacked by idiot fanatics. So far the OSFP game in Karaiskaki didnt seem to go down too bad......Id like to see PAO fans show some objects to the idiocy that has happened in their city, but I dont want a class war tonight.

I wish the game was in Cyprus. I dont even want to look at Greece right now. <_<

Everybody will actually stop burning the country to watch the game so for me that is a good thing that the game did not get cancelled.And trust me,if i know one thing about you people,vazeloi,you will let nobody mess with your game and team going through in the CL,especially if the game is going your way early.I see Giannakopouloi brothers going with an UZI against anyone starting any trouble.... :D

I think we'll get through this despite the static. It would be nice to see him start Ruka for a change since he's much more skilled than Salp. Also Ninis and Ivan. We can get some goals early and avoid biting our fingernails and sweating, waiting for the one goal that will put us through. Why not Mantzios, Ruka, Kara (Cleyton in the 70th) Ivan, Ninis, Matos, Sarriegi, Spyro, Vyntra (no choice), Goumas. Who do you guys think should be our goalkeeper today?

thanks crazy i wish it was true.... if i saw Giannakopoulos with double uzis each Id be quite happy to see them gun down anarchists regardless of what team they cheer for. Same for Kokkalis.

those F***s burned a christmas tree, sang ironically and took pictures (because this is out of anger, they absolutley dont enjoy "having" to do this right) clearly they didnt want to have to react this way, enjoy themselves in the drug rush chaos and adrenaline provides

Heres a crazy thought assuming PAO gets qualification - are people going to celebrate afterwards? Normally theyd go into Omonoia - this makes things very interesting - would they turn riots, would riots attack them?

Im also curious to know how many people are still going to the game, given what Athens is like right now, having to ride the hilektriko sounds a bit unappealing.

Manolis is at the game! :nw:

damn i really tempted to turn this game on.....but i have to study..

A piece of advice ... either turn off the pc completely and study, or don't fool yourself and watch the game. If you have exams coming up, study! (sorry, it's probably not what you want to hear :D).

Or just watch the second half. :D

genome - its good advice, but let me spin the scenario for you a bit :D

1 - I need my computer to study, all the slides/i type notes as i go over them

2 - i need the computer to watch the game on MyTV

However, If I move to my couch, my computer will not be able to connect to internet , where i work better on..but i wont be able to check the score and this is madness, when PAO could progress if they get the result tonight.

Archived