Phantis Forums

Interesting if this information is true.

No doubt for the US, ERT World is ahead, with Ant1 second. For so many years, Dish was the sole provider, and Ant1 was the number 1 channel in Greece, not to mention sports rights. But I see that Mega is climbing up, (the highest compared to other regions). And interesting that there is a difference with ERT World subscriber numbers, and Ant1. (I mean not everyone gets both) Also the breakdown to what satisfies viewers is interesting.

Also interesting to note that the survey was done from January 2007 to June 2007, with only 2,053 people taking place. It would be interesting to see what, if anything, has changed in a year. And also what the numbers would look like with a bigger poll.

Interesting results from this survey that I have never heard of, the numbers for Canada are skewed and I do not think they accurately reflect viewers preferences. When was this survey done, who are these '2053 people' they interviewed and why only so few, there are 10 of thousands of Greeks in Canada and in the US its probably in the hundreds of thousands.

Regarding Canada, ANT1 is listed as number one but ANT1 programming here is available via OTN and they are a must-carry channel so no matter what you have to subscribe to that channel if you want any other Greek channel. As for MEGA, if this survey was done between January-June '07 then it should not be a part of this survey at all because during that time period MEGA was not even available in Canada?! :huh: MEGA Cosmos Canada launched in October 2007 and as for the 'others' there are no others as there are only 3 channels available in Canada (ANT1, ERT & MEGA. Alter and Alpha only recently became available here via IPTV.

For reasons mentioned above I don't put much stock into this so-called survey and its results. Nice try guys but maybe you should try again next time with a greater number of people polled and do some research into what is and isn't available in any given area first before going ahead with a survey.

Archived