Phantis Forums

Dimitris Papadopoulos (retired)

drakos13

Wow, since I live in Brindisi and Lecce is circa 25kms away, maybe I'll run into him somewhere.

Have to admit that I am not displeased about his departure from PAO but I really hope this new start will give him a new start and that he can reclaim his fortunes.

• 5 months later...

Christos Anesti!

Papadopoulos comes on within the opening 10' due to an injury to Caserta, gets brutally trashed by the commentator all match long, equalizes for Lecce near the 60' mark, and the ref gives Roma the game with a cheap penalty, a weak red card to a Lecce player and a quick final whistle just as Papadopouls takes a ball down with his chest at the top of the area with room to turn.

I guess with a goal in Serie A, Otto will call Papadopoulos up for qualifiers :P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dinamo Zagreb release Cufre, Papadopoulos

ZAGREB (AFP) - Croat champions Dinamo Zagreb said Tuesday they have released Argentina defender Leandro

Cufre and Greek striker Dimitrios Papadopoulos who both joined the club earlier this year after poor performances.

"If the two players find new clubs they would be given papers and could leave without any compensation. However, I don't know if they have any offers at the moment," the club's official Zdravko Mamic told journalists.

The reasons for the move are their unsatisfactory performances but also a financial crisis.

The 28-year-old Papadopoulos arrived in Zagreb in July from Italy's Serie B Lecce.

Dinamo Zagreb reached the midway point of the league season in first place with 39 points.

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2009/December...e-papadopoulos/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

after 2 unsuccessful season with celta, playing in around 25 games and scoring no goals, papadopoulos makes his return to greece signing with levadiako. his career took a huge tumble after being at panathinaikos playing for lecce, dinamo and celta, scoring a total of around 3 goals in league competition...

• 1 year later...
  • Argy changed the title to Dimitris Papadopoulos (retired)

Archived