Phantis Forums

Anorthosis-Inter

Omonoia9

Savio, Dellas, and Nicolaou are all out of this game and there's a question mark over Skopelitis too. Things aren't looking good. On the plus side though Adriano has been left out of the Inter squad by Mourinho and I think it would be fair to say that were it not for Adriano's contribution in the 1st game, Inter probably wouldn't have won, so he may be a BIG loss for them.

This is what Inter's Julio Cesar had to say (from Uefa.com)

FC Internazionale Milano goalkeeper Júlio César expects an even tougher ride at Anorthosis Famagusta FC in Nicosia on Tuesday than in the Nerazzurri's narrow 1-0 home win over the Cypriot titleholders on Matchday 3. "I think Anorthosis will be the same as when we played them at the San Siro," the Brazilian said. "Perhaps they will take more risks and be more passionate because of their support.".

Savio, Dellas, and Nicolaou are all out of this game and there's a question mark over Skopelitis too. Things aren't looking good. On the plus side though Adriano has been left out of the Inter squad by Mourinho and I think it would be fair to say that were it not for Adriano's contribution in the 1st game, Inter probably wouldn't have won, so he may be a BIG loss for them.

:blink:

All those playesr out?! I put money on Ano for this one. I really thoguh they could do it. THey still can thoguh Imo. There a really organised tema and defend well.

The loss of Adriano will be big, but dont get to excited. INter have one of the most dangeroous attacks in the world with Ibrahimavic, Quaresma , Mancini and co. Still though, Ano are a force at home, and Ketsbaia knows his team inside out.

The GSP is not Anorthosi's home except in European support, but I suspect a lot of people in the Larnaca area will travel the 45-hour to southern Lefkosia. I expect Inter to sharpen up and win 2-1

...I suspect a lot of people in the Larnaca area will travel the 45-hour to southern Lefkosia....

45 hours? I made the same drive in less than 10% of that! :D

Anyway, good luck to Anorthosis and may PAO take care of Werder for you!

(Hey! it's the two blues and the two greens playing among themselves)

The teams have been named and I'm very worried now because of the amount of players we have out, Dellas, Savio, and Nicolaou are out while Sosin and Skopelitis are only fit enough to make the bench. 5 players out for a club as small as Ano's really is way too much. That's half the team out against a world class team! I hope we don't get embarassed.

Absolutely amazing night! But I do feel a bit hard done by, the refs killed Anorthosis in this game. Inter's 2nd goal (Materazzi's) was a clear foul. As he jumped he pushed the defender on the floor and headed in. <_< Their 3rd goal (Cruz's late equalizer) came from a free kick that never was, Quaresma dived. On top of that, Taher was fouled in the box and should have won a penalty. It was disgraceful officiating, but we can be proud of Cyprus tonight.

45 hours? I made the same drive in less than 10% of that! :D

Re, the dash mean 45 minute to an hour :LOL:

If Anorthosis defeat Bremen in Cyprus they are thru to the next round can u believe that they are unbeatable at home!!!! Anorthosis hold there own destiny with three of our best players today we almost beat Inter can u believe that!!!!!!!!!!! Ketsbaia is a god what a lineup he used today unbelievable!!!! Bravo Anorthosara baravo Kypros!!!

The teams have been named and I'm very worried now because of the amount of players we have out, Dellas, Savio, and Nicolaou are out while Sosin and Skopelitis are only fit enough to make the bench. 5 players out for a club as small as Ano's really is way too much. That's half the team out against a world class team! I hope we don't get embarassed.

Inter was embarassed BOuloui mou not us!!!! We are a team of destiny if we win we are in there is nothing anyone can do about that!! Inter still has not qualified they need a victory over the Pana!!

If Anorthosis defeat Bremen in Cyprus they are thru to the next round can u believe that they are unbeatable at home!!!! Anorthosis hold there own destiny with three of our best players today we almost beat Inter can u believe that!!!!!!!!!!! Ketsbaia is a god what a lineup he used today unbelievable!!!! Bravo Anorthosara baravo Kypros!!!

oxi re. If we beat Weder and PAO beat Inter, the table will look like this:

Inter 8

Ano 8

PAO 7

Weder 3

If PAO then beat us at OAKA and Inter beat Weder the table will finish like this:

Inter 11

PAO 10

Ano 8

Weder 3.

So if we beat Weder we are assured of our continuation in European competition, but not our CL last 16 place. Ideally, what we now want is for us to beat Weder and Inter to beat PAO. That will put us threw. Then PAO will beat an unmotivated Ano at OAKA and the table will finish like this:

Inter 14

Ano 8

PAO 7

Weder 3

:tup:

As for today's game. I totally agree with Euro2004. We may have benefitted from alot of luck but Inter's 2nd should have counted and Inter's 3rd shouldn't have been an opportunity considering that Quaresma won a freekick in dangerous position by diving. Anyway, no point in complaining. Let's enjoy another historic night and try and get a result against Weder.

Btw, Ano has scored 3 goals at home against Rapid Wienna, Olympiakos, PAO, and Inter. :whistle:

As for the players' ratings:

1-3 = Retire from football, go and work in McDonald's instead

4 = Absymal.

5 = Below average.

6 = Average.

7 = Did the basics well and influenced the game in a positive manner.

8 = Very good performance.

9 = Superb! a stand out performance.

10 = A flawless performance who won the game for his team with his amazing contribution

Begaj - 4: At fault for all 3 of Inter's goals. The first was a stupid error. Push the ball out to the side re m#$%! not in front of you. The second may have been a foul by Materazzi, but still, don't get nutmegged by a weak header <_< And where on earth was he standing for Inter's 3rd. :blink: If it wasn't for his top class saves against Ibrahimovic and Cambiasso he'd have got a 1 from me.

Georgiou - 7: Quietly solid. Mancini didn't get a sniff.

Katsavakis - 7: Was exposed on a couple of occassions as he tired but he blocked superbly from Ibra in the 1st min and was pretty solid throughout.

Dobrasinovic - 6: performed fairly well but didn't do anything too notable.

Paulo Costa - 5: Won some free kicks in dangerous positions but he gives the ball away way too easily. (Got injured on 42 mins)

Leiwakabessy- 4: Got absolutely owned by Maicon. We're lucky that Maicon didn't attack in the 2nd half because in the first the Dutchman was getting torn apart.

Taher- 9: The Iraqi-Kurd is a paixtara!!! He was energetic, dangerous, his ball control was exquisite, he was economical in possession, and he caused Zanetti endless problems in the 2nd half. Excellent player! I can't see him staying with us for too long, so I just hope a big Greek team makes Ano an offer before he moves to the Premiership!

Laban - 8: Very impressive. Played a poor pass to Taher early in the 2nd half that would have surely led to a goal. He also missed a BIG chance on 65 minutes when he really should have scored. But overall he was great in possession and pressed so well.

Constaninou - 6: Worked hard and put in his 50 cents worth.

Bardon - 8: Scored the easiest goal of his career and that gave him the confidence to be adventurous. Played very well.

Frousos - 8: Was a real work horse up front and took his goal superbly. He was rolling back the years with his work rate and threatening movement.

Subs:

Panagi - 7: Worked hard and scored a goal that he knew nothing about :P But put in a hard shift and was economical with the ball.

Skopelitis - 5: Worked very hard and it was nice to see him return. Was pressing all over the park and showed good passion.

Ocokoljic - N/A

Ketsbaia - 9: He was superb with his tactics. The aerial diagonal ball towards Maxwell in the 2nd half caused Inter nightmares and playing with Laban and Bardon so close to eachother really caused Inter headaches. I wouldn't give him a 10 though because I disagree with his decision to take off Bardon and Froussos and bring on defensive players. When he did that it was only a matter of time before we conceded an equaliser. We had no outlet. Sosin should have come on for Bardon instead of Ocokoljic. To provide the sort of outlet Froussos gave us.

Anyway, bravo sta paidia.

so ur telling me PAna is going to go to Italy and win even though inter needs three points to qualify?? If they can win in Italy all the power to them we need to best werder that's all we have to do we need the three points and mourihno says it would be his pleasure to win against PAna because he wants famagusta in the final 16 they deserve it!!

so ur telling me PAna is going to go to Italy and win even though inter needs three points to qualify??

I didn't say that. I just said that you can't say "if Ano win, Ano goes through" because there's a possibility that PAO will make it instead. Even if Ano win and PAO draw, if PAO then beats Ano by a big score in Athens PAO will qualify instead. There are many possibilities.

One thing's for sure. The game against Weder will be like a CL final for us!

45 hours? I made the same drive in less than 10% of that!  :D

Re, the dash mean 45 minute to an hour :LOL:
For those that haven't been that way, there are some unusual chalk-white hills along the way that will make you take notice and possibly slow down but NOT quite 45 hours!

Getting back to the game, a 3-3 draw v. Inter is an accomplishment to be proud of. Good luck v. Werder who will be playing their whole European season at the GSP.

We almost beat one of the best teams in the world without our captain without Dellas and without Savio!!! WE had Nikos Frousos up front who is 35 years old and we had two other players who never even played in a game this year!!!!! So what does that tell you ?? We have the heart determination and we have destiny on our side there is nothing any team can do were are destined for the next round!!!! Anorthosi Famagusta the elite of Europe Unbelievable hey we might even win this tournament who knows!!!!! LOLOLOL

Archived