Phantis Forums

SuperLig 2008-09 Season

The Teams in Turkish League in 2008-2009 Season at the end of the 9th matces,

Suprises of week

Eskisehirspor 2:2 Fenerbahce (Eskisehir G.K was out of the game around 60 min and scored with 10 player also lost many position )

Kayserispor 1:0 Besiktas

Teams Pts

1 Trabzonspor 20

2 Ankaraspor 19

3 Sivasspor 18

4 Beşiktaş 18

5 Galatasaray 17

6 Kayserispor 17

7 Bursaspor 15

8 Gaziantepspor 14

9 Fenerbahce 13

10 Eskişehirspor 13

11 Konyaspor 13

12 Genclerbirligi 9

13 İstanbul B.B. 9

14 Denizlispor 8

15 Hacettepe 8

16 Ankaragucu 6

17 Antalyaspor 5

18 Kocaelispor 2

This year Anatolian Teams are like tiger, its very difficult to win them in their stadium so scores werent big suprise. This year league will be tough.

Haydar I split your post from the 2007-08 thread into an entirely new one :).

Fenerbahce's not doing too well it seems but it's still early in the season...

Yes that's better Genome i was lazy to open a new one...

Fenerbahce was very poor in Eskisehir, but Eskisehirspor beated GS 4-2 last week too. Galatasaray and Fenerbahce probably will have a coach operation after half season finished, Besiktas already changed Coach in the middle of first half...

Fenerbahce doesnt have change this year. But the president ''Aziz Yildirim'' probably will make an operation at the end of the half. (Poor Aragones)

Galatasaray again the biggest candidate to be Champion but again probably Skibbe will leave at the end of the half...

Besiktas; No hope to be champion before President ''Demiroren'' leaves the club nobady loves him...There is no star player at the team. New Coach Denizli is experienced we ll see could he be magician..

Trabzon doesnt have enough footballers to be Champion, after a few injuries they will have serious problems. Its succsess to be 2nd for them.

Kayseri has really good team this year to be in first 3 wont be suprise for them.

I dont think other anatolian teams could go on like this for long maybe Sivas could perform like last year...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

By the end of matchday 21, things look sour for Galatasaray and Fenerbahce as both of the giants are some 8 points adrift of the surprise, or not really, leaders Sivasspor.

Matchday 22 sees the leaders go away to meet struggling Fenerbahce. If the Canaries do not win this one, they are completely out of the title race.

Trabzonspor, on 42 points and in second place, will meet with Antalyaspor at Antalya Ataturk Stadium. Having defeated Galatasaray two weeks ago, Antalyaspor will surely provide a stern test for the team from the Black Sea.

This is how things look like after 21 weeks gone...

POS......TEAM.........GP......PTS

1.......Sivasspor......21........45

2.......Trabzonspor..21........42

3.......Besiktas JK...21.........39

4.......Fenerbahce..21..........37

5.......Galatasaray.21..........37...

• 2 weeks later...

Into Matchday 24.. Fenerbahce aldready drew with relegation-threatened Kocaelispor while today and tomorrow see three critical games for both the title race and relegation battle...

1. Sivasspor......23..........46

2. Beşiktaş........23..........45

3. Trabzonspor...23..........45

4. Fenerbahce....24..........44

5. Galatasaray...23..........43

14. Ist.Bld.........23...........25

15. Ankaragucu..23..........24

16. Antalyaspor..23..........23

17. Kocaelispor...24..........20

18. Hacettepe.....23..........14

TODAY

Antalyaspor v Ist.Bld. (my guess: 0 - 2)

Konyaspor v G. Antepspor (my guess: 2 - 1)

Ankaragucu v Sivasspor (my guess: 1 - 1)

Beşiktaş v G. Birligi (my guess: 2 - 2)

TOMORROW

Denizlispor v Hacettepe (my guess: 2 - 0)

E. Sehirspor v Bursaspor (my guess: 2 - 1)

Ankaraspor v Kayserispor (my guess: 1 - 1)

Trabzonspor v Galatasaray (my guess: 1 - 1)

Into Matchday 24.. Fenerbahce aldready drew with relegation-threatened Kocaelispor while today and tomorrow see three critical games for both the title race and relegation battle...

1. Sivasspor......23..........46

2. Beşiktaş........23..........45

3. Trabzonspor...23..........45

4. Fenerbahce....24..........44

5. Galatasaray...23..........43

14. Ist.Bld.........23...........25

15. Ankaragucu..23..........24

16. Antalyaspor..23..........23

17. Kocaelispor...24..........20

18. Hacettepe.....23..........14

TODAY

Antalyaspor v Ist.Bld. (my guess: 0 - 2)

Konyaspor v G. Antepspor (my guess: 2 - 1)

Beşiktaş v G. Birligi (my guess: 2 - 2)

TOMORROW

Denizlispor v Hacettepe (my guess: 2 - 0)

Ankaraspor v Kayserispor (my guess: 1 - 1)

Trabzonspor v Galatasaray (my guess: 1 - 1)

I watch League i dont remember a tought league like this...

the last team Kocaeli win to GS in Ali Sami yen 5-2, took 1 point in Kadikoy to FB Also Antalya, Konya Hacettepe play respectful game. Nobady deserve to fail this year. Again in top there are 5 teams in a race nobady can talk certain for championship.

I want to guess too;

TODAY

Antalyaspor v Ist.Bld. (my guess: 1 - 1)

Konyaspor v G. Antepspor (my guess: 0 - 2)

Beşiktaş v G. Birligi (my guess: 2 - 1)

TOMORROW

Denizlispor v Hacettepe (my guess: 1 - 0)

Ankaraspor v Kayserispor (my guess: 1 - 0)

Trabzonspor v Galatasaray (my guess: 1 - 2)

• 1 month later...

Sivasspor still leader in Turcell Super League...

This week they beated 3-0 the Trabzonspor who was one of the biggest candidate of championship...And they have only 6 matches next and they have fixture advantage. they will play only Galatasaray match but Besiktas who is follower of Sivas will play with G'saray also F'bahce...

Who knows maybe "Yigidolar" will manage a revolution in Super league this year...

Two crucial games on Sunday...

Sivasspor away at out-of-form Gaziantepspor and chasers Beşiktaş hosting Fenerbahce in the local derby.. Any drop of points by Sivasspor or Beşiktaş could well make Trabzonspor hungry for the title again after their 4-1 dubbing of Kayserispor.

The goals of the derby between Beşiktaş and Fenerbahce...

Besiktas-Fenerbahce, May 3,2009

Sivasspor, despite the loss at Gaziantep, are still leaders with 60 points from 30 games after Fenerbahce's unexpected victory at Inonu.

Meanwhile, Galatasaray are on the thin line for qualifying for the UEFA League next year after their loss to Hacettepe in Ankara. With their wins against Beşiktaş and Antalyaspor respectively, Fenerbahce and Bursaspor are now only one point adrift of Galatasaray, who is on 52 points and holding on to the fourth spot. After a great run of form, Bursaspor look as if they might actually take over the UEFA Cup spot from Galatasaray. :(

• 3 weeks later...

well GS finished poorly, but at least its above 5th placed Fenerbahce :tup:

Good choice on Aragones - I told you so ! :LOL:

18 mil for Guiza? :LOL:

3 mil a year for Emre :LOL:

But, GS can make some things better if they beat BJK tommorow, they can deny them the title. I hope they do, Go Sivaspor! :tup:

well, BESIKTAS is the new Sampiyon of Turkey.

I cant really say if they were the best in Turkey this year. I can say, they have the coolest mascot and anthem out of all Turkish teams though. :P

Congrats to BJK . Sucks for Sivaspor, that could be as close as they will get to a title in a long long time.

Besiktas is %90 champion. No! no! GS and FB made Besiktas champion %90.

I wonder what Sivas will do at the Champhions League if they can pass the eleminates...

Chelse will come to Sivas :LOL: for example, (Sivas is colder like Moscow at the winters)

2008-2009 Season Turkcell Super League Champion is BESİKTAS

Black Eagle got the 11. Championship this year after beating Denizlispor 1-2. Galatasaray won to the Sivas 2-1 and got the right to participate in UEFA league. Also Fenerbahce won to the Trabzon 1-2 so after these scores Besiktas and Sivasspor will have right to participate in Champ. league GS and FB will be at the UEFA league at the next season.

Congratulations to Besiktas and goodluck for Champ. League...

And a dull season for Galatasaray ended with a 2-1 win and a too-late great display of attacking football against runners-up Sivasspor with Arda Turan scoring twice and getting his tally to eight goals in the league.

As expected Beşiktaş won away at Denizlispor and won the League Title after a drought of 6 years. Their last title came with now-Shakhtar manager, Mircea Lucescu. Brazilian striker Bobo, who is heavily linked with a ?7.5M move to the Greek champions Olympiacos was the topscorer of the team with 11 goals.

The key element in Beşiktaş's championship though were two mid-season signings, Yusuf Şimşek, a poor man's Zizou, and Fabian Ernst who in total cost nearly ?9M.

With all the foreign spots full, Beşiktaş has already reached an agreement with German holding midfielder Michael Fink. It's nearly certain that the French dynamo Edouard Cisse is leaving when his contract expires mid-June.

Fenerbahce's season ended with a last-minute win against Trabzonspor. With this loss, the Black Sea club missed a great chance to finish second and only managed to qualify for Europa League. Fenerbahce's winning goal on 90+4 minutes came from, believe it or not, Daniel Guiza the walking stick.

Kocaelispor, Hacettepe were joined this week by Konyaspor as the teams heading off to the Bank Asya Birinci Lig; relegation to make it clear!

Archived