Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Werder Bremen

trifilli

This game will be huge for us.

A win could really lift PAO spirits.

I have seen every game so far and have not been impressed.

VS AEK, Inter and Anorthosis, we dominated but could not score (1-7)!!!

Same VS PAOK in the second half. :tdown:

We need to score and play dependable defence.

I will be there GATE 24 :tup:

I was also at the GRE-SWI game :(

PEACE

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously, I'd like a win here, but I'm wondering if euro games are going to be a distraction this season. We're not ready to juggle several things. For me, this season it's the domestic title that's #1 priority.

I know what you're saying about a game lifting the whole team, but do you think we could beat Werden away, beat Ano home, and draw Inter away?

We can't score easily, and better teams have found lots of holes in our defense. We're not ready yet.

Well lets see what line up he chooses; if its anything like the last 2 CL games then you can kiss this match goodbye. He MUST start Ivan, Kara, Goumas and Ninis. The problem is I don't expect him to start Ninis, which will be a mistake. He could put Moon in that position and bring Ninis in the middle of the second half. Salp up front alone obviously won't work. Will Sousa start? If not, good, Mantzios will. Spyro in there. Trifilli you're not impressed so far which is interesting because I was thinking recently about the fact that we really haven't had a a really good, tight game from beginning to end this season. At this point last year we did w/ Peseiro, same w/ Munoz.

The only good thing about this game is that I don't have any expectations that we'll win, so if we do, I'll be double-happy.

I am afraid we are walking on the edge of the razor blade. We started the season on a sugar high and the punch from AEK has knocked the wind out of the team. The second one from Anorthosi knocked us out. Now we kind of stagger about trying to find our legs again. One more slap and we won't be getting up.

By "slap" I mean an embarrassing defeat. If we don't beat Werder the world won't end. If anything we'll just focus on the domestic league and see if we can chew one gum at a time. If we tie, we'll just continue on the razor's edge. But if we win we'll begin building this coveted leg-untying confidence.

I said before that all I ask from my team is to give all they have on the pitch. We are not going to win them all, but I don't mind loses as I mind mediocrity in effort. So far in that department I have mixed feelings. The majority of the players seem to put forth a valiant effort out there, but I have to say that the effort I see from some leaves a lot to be desired. I've been happy with the effort Sariegi, Vintra, (Ok, effort is not everyting, but that's what I am discussing right now), Mattos, Ivanschiz, Salpigidis, Simao, and Karagounis. On the other hand, Nilson, Spyro, Sousa, Gilberto, Gabriel, Mantzios, seem a little "flat" to me. The jury is out on the rest since I don't think they have played enough.

I guess we need a few more players to step it up a notch. For games like the one against Werder, we need *everyone* to give a little extra. Maybe everyone should stay for a little extra practice on what they know is their weakness. Knowing how important this game is, I already began some extra lifts of my beer mug :P

Does anybody know if its sold out yet?

it will be a double-feature at OAKA, PAO-Zalgiris (big euroleague game) then PAO-Werder next door after thats over....so id expect good attendances at both games...

As for the match.....i dont expect much.... I think it will probably end 3-1 Werder, but who knows if we have a good crowd and if the team manages its defense..well we could go for a 1-0/ 1-1...

We need the lunatic fans back !!!!

Only if its being a lunatic in terms of cheering and chanting I want nothing to do with the malakes that throw s%$#!. Anyways we need a win bad to right the ship or we sink like the Titanic. I really just hope for a win I can't predict a score line for this I don't care just WIN!!!!

Pao can definatley win but it depends what 11 Ten Cate puts out on the park, Also the only thing i see thats hard is Pao dont know what Bremen side will come to play. They could be the team that put 5 past Bayern Munich or they could be the side that loses to crap sides. I really hope pao win. So ill say 2-1 for Pao.

Only if its being a lunatic in terms of cheering and chanting I want nothing to do with the malakes that throw s%$#!. Anyways we need a win bad to right the ship or we sink like the Titanic. I really just hope for a win I can't predict a score line for this I don't care just WIN!!!!

re steve07 we need all we can get

and yes I AM PRO -"HOOLIGAN PSYCHO ULTRAS" at games.... I am not convinced it is harmful to people or the game...

anyway to the game at hand, PAO is overdue for a solid CL win from the horendous last campaign and the to beatings we recieved earlier.

1-3 Bremen

Squad

-------------------Vander----------------

--------------------------------------------

Pasanen-----Naldo----Mertesacker--Boenisch

--------------------------------------------

--------------- Baumann------------------

---------------------------------------------

---------------- Diego-------------------

-----Frings---------------------Özil--------

-------Rosenberg---------Pizarro---------

let´s rock :tup:

has any one used uefa.com to watch games live?? It seems you cannot purchase anygames ever even though they advertise them, or do the games become available 5 minutes before KO????

I've used the UEFA streams several times before, and most recently to watch Pao-Inter. It's good with a fast connection.

It looks like UEFA is offering three streams for Panathinaikos-Bremen.

Try this page: http://video.uefa.com/Video/Live/Competiti.../MatchList.html

As for the game, I think Panathinaikos will win 4-0 Posted Image

After the game Pissaro will finally admit he is sorry he picked the wrong team last summer :LOL:

------------------Tzorvas---------------

Nilsson----Vintra---Sariegi--Spyropoulos

------Mattos--Gilberto--Ivanschitz

---Cleyton------------------Karagounis---

---------------Salpigidis--------------------

(don't start complaining about 10ct, this is my lineup :P )

My biggest problem is that recently i got a 9 to 5 job. i used to work in a field that allowed me to change my shifts to say not work on a cl date and work on a saturday. but now its 9 to 5.

Thankfully, yours truly walked up to his boss last night at 4pm and asked him if he could do a few extra hours last night and leave early on wednesday. he agreed. i finish at 2pm. Ill see u all a bit later :)

Oh ya by the way. 2-1 PAO

starting 11

tzorvas, spyropoulos, nilsson, sarriegi, vyntra, gilberto, simao, karagonis, gabriel, salpi and manztios

no ivan, ninis or cleyton in the starting 11?? bad move from ten cate in my opinion..we'll see how it plays out...its wrong to be leaving players like ivan and nins on the bench constantly...

Archived