Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup Draw

DUDE

The UEFA Cup draw will be made tomorrow at 1pm Greek time.

Pot 1

Milan

Sevilla

Benfica

Schalke

CSKA Moscow

Tottenham

Hamburg

Pot 2

Stuttgart

Ajax

Olympiakos

Deportivo

Brugge

Spartak Moscow

PSG

Heerenveen

Pot 3

Rosenborg

Udinese

Feyenoord

Braga

Slavia Prague

Man City

Galatasary

Sampdoria

Pot 4

Hertha Berlin

Partizan Belgrade

Nancy

Portsmouth

Aston Villa

Racing Santander

Copenhagen

Dinamo Zagreb

Pot 5

St Ettiene

Wolfsburg

Standard Liege

Twente

NEC

Metalist Kharkiv

Lech Poznan

Zilina

What do you guys hope for?

My ideal draw would be:

Benfica

Olympiakos

Slavia Prague

Partizan

Zilina

Worst case scenario:

Sevilla

Olympiakos

Udinese

Aston Villa

St Ettiene

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just going to start this topic :P

I say ideal group is :

Tottenham

Olympiakos

Prague

Partizan

Then any of zilina, Lech Poznan, Metalist Kharkiv - I dont any of those teams

Sort of the same as yours but Tottenham insted of Benfica

Worst Case scenario:

Milan

Olympiakos

Man City

Copenhagen

Standard Liege

VERY tough group. Has the programme come out yet? Who do we play at home and who away??

Well the draw is tough and the programme is the worst we could have asked for!

Galatasary vs Olympiakos (23/10/08)

Olympiakos vs Benfica (27/11/08)

Metalist Karkiv vs Olympiakos (3/12/08)

Olympiakos vs Hertha Berlin (18/12/08).

This is terrible. The Galatasary game is a non-domestic derby and we're away. We're also away in the Ukraine in the height of winter and we're playing the 2 toughest teams at home, where they are capable of upsetting us. Personally I don't think we'll make the top 3.

OK,i think the schedule is not that bad.We play the 2 strongest team at home,that is a heck lot better than away and pretty much we need to perform ok in the 2 away games.Not an easy draw but if you want to be a good team you have to prove it on the pitch.

Galatasaray has big advantage with programme...

in Berlin they will play with Herta it means 3 mathes at home Also At home with Karkiw and Olypiakos...

I m very happy that GS will play with Olympiakos,

but this is a tough group Also Karkiw is a tought team too maybe one of the best for its stage which has eleminated Besiktas and Besiktas won in Istanbul 1-0 i a very difficult way they finished Ukrain League as 3. last year after Shaktar and Dinamo Kiev...

I think Olypiakos can be qualifiy one of the favourite...

What about Herta for this year?...

This is terrible. The Galatasary game is a non-domestic derby and we're away. We're also away in the Ukraine in the height of winter and we're playing the 2 toughest teams at home, where they are capable of upsetting us. Personally I don't think we'll make the top 3.

I predict 2 points and an exit

tough group

Maybe im being biast, but I dont think its that hard of a group. Galataseray at home will be VERY hard. Easily the hardest game of the group. Benfica at home? If this was CL we would consider it an "easy" game ( there are no easy games in CL, but its a game we would expect a win). Benfica are not as good as they used to be over the last few years. Metalist Karkiv? I know it will be freezing in Ukriane, but thats no excuse. Ive never even herd of this team. Olympiakos at home to hertha should also be a win for us. Hertha are nothing special trust me

tough group for OSFP.

Galatasaray in Istanbul is tough....... tough for me to decide to cheer for? Galatasaray? or Olympiakos (as Greece v Turks)? :LOL:

Benfica is tough. There not an easy team, thats kind of silly to say IMO..Benfica fans will be saying the same thing about OSFP.... They made some mega signings of their own, in Reyes, Aimar and Suazo....Benfica is just a bigger club in reality so there no easy draw. At least the game is at home...

Metalurg I think will be very tough.......Ukraine is a tough place to play in.... that team smshed Besiktas 4-1 in the last UEFA game to make it here....

Hertha IMO is the easiest match. Theyre in a strong league but lame in Europe, and OSFP has them at home. And, if they ARE any good this year, its likley they will have qualified by the time reach OSFP no?

Ya Nvm what I said. Ive been reading a bit over the last hoir or so, and this Metalist club scares me. They KOed Besikas. THese are the teams you should fear at when they are at home. THey have a passionate fan base. Its these games we have to play hard in. We dont want another loss like the one vs anorthosis.

I still think we should beat Benfica at home.

Great to see Galatasaray - OSFP ... should be a great game!  :tup:

For ''Galatasaray-Olympiakos'' GrekoTourko derby Olympiakos has big chance with a clever game... Dont look at the names in GS. They have one of the worst start this year if they lock ''Kewell-Arda'' and play over clumby defanse they can beat GS terriblly... And its advantage GS still has 11 hard injures and they will not be ready untill match GS still cant find any footballer to play back. Probably i ll be at the match at the ''Broken Hell Stadium'' on 23 Oct.

I think Benfica GS and Olympiakos will pass this group. Because Trust me GS will beat Herta in Germany with 20.000 Fun's support. Matches in Germany always brings good luck to GS except last year to Leverkusen ( thats why we lost and bought their couch Skibbe :P )

I predict 2 points and an exit

tough group

I agree.

I predict:

Galatasary 2-1 Olympiakos

Olympiakos 1-1 Benfica

Metalist Kharkiv 1-0 Olympiakos

Olympiakos 1-1 Hertha Berlin

:(

To Olympiakos' advantage:

1. The repo comes early: 2nd matchday. The team at a disadvantage is the one that has it at matchday 5.

2. The last game is at home to Hertha Berlin:

*if Hertha have qualified already, OSFP are in.

*If both teams need an X, an X is what they'll get.

*If it's a match that will decide whether one or the other gets in, OSFP will be at home.

Btw, who does have the repo on matchday 5???

We'll finish top.

Galatasaray and their overpaid pensioner Harry kewell aren't worthy to be on the same pitch as us.

oh sure......have you even seen the GS roster? They dont deserve to be on the pitch, but they estimated player values are nearly 30 million MORE than Frinos. Many players on there OSFP would be quite envious of.

and btw Kewell is 30.

i say 2-0 kai.......GULE GULE :LOL:

Ideal 11

Benfica: Quim, Luisao, Sidnei, Ribeiro, Pereira, Katsouranis, Yebda, Amorim, Di Maria, Reyes, Nuno Gomes.

Olympiakos: Nikopolidis, Domi, Galitsios, Zewlakow, Antzas, Torosidis, Papadopoulos, Mendrinos, Leto, Belluschi, Luis Santo.

Galatasaray: De Santhics, Sabri, Fernando Meira, Servet, Hakan Balta, Arda Turan, Mehmet Topal, Tobbias Linderoth, Harry Kewell, Milan Baros, S.Nonda (Cassio Linkoln)

Herhta Berlin: Drobny, Kaka, Friedrich, Stein, Simunic, Kacar, Santos, Dardai, Pantelic, Voronin, Piszczek.

Metalist Kharkiv: Goryainov, Konyushenko, Obradovic, Gueye, Daniel, Aparecida, Trisovic, Devic, Rykun, Jaja, Zeze.

http://fanatik.ekolay.net/Fanatik/NewsGall...=76&ItemOrder=0

Archived