Phantis Forums

Greece vs Moldova OCT 11

jarvis1981

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries...ings/index.html

Greece is on the top of the group and they are playing the team that's on the bottom. Last time Moldova visited Greece the game was played in Crete.

Moldova made it interesting by scoring a 2nd half goal but Greece won the game 3 minutes into extra time.

I don't see the game being this close this time. Greece had learned it's lesson from that game and they will get another shoutout.

Final score prediction Greece 2 - Moldova - 0

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow -- just a fews days away

4-3-3

or

5-2-2-1?

The only difference in personnel is Basinas or Aavram/Sokratis - I like the latter

This team could really benefit from one of the regular mids coming off the bench

This will be a tough/ physical game

But we usually win these ugly ones

3-0

Samaras

Gekas

Giorkas

lets stay healthy for the Swiss mid week

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

anything less than a 3-0 crushing will be a disappointment....this team needs to learn the "killer instinct" that all good teams possess.....they need to learn to bring their "a" game everytime for 90 minutes....period....you cant coach this, you have to learn it.....lets hope they have...

I just want the win and the 3 points.As most of us have seen latelly,anybody can beat anybody and many bigger teams end up losing point or points in those supposedly "easy" games,so for me to be happy,even a 1-0 win with a penalty kick would be enough.

Greece squad: Konstantinos Chalkias (PAOK) , Alexandros Tzorvas (Panathinaikos), Ioannis Amanatidis (Eintracht Frankfurt), Kostas Katsouranis (Benfica), Giorgos Samaras (Celtic), Angelos Charisteas (FC Nuremberg), Theofanis Gekas (Bayer Leverkusen), Nikos Lyberopoulos (Eintracht Frankfurt), Sokratis Papastathopoulos (Genoa), Traianos Dellas (Anorthosis Famagusta), Vasilis Torosidis (Olympiakos), Sotiris Kyrgiakos (AEK Athens), Angelos Basinas (AEK Athens), Avraam Papadopoulos (Olympiakos), Christos Patsatzoglou (Olympiakos), Loukas Vyntra (Panathinaikos), Dimitris Salpiggidis (Panathinaikos), Nikos Spyropoulos (Panathinaikos), Giourkas Seitaridis (Atletico Madrid), Giorgos Karagounis (Panathinaikos), Sotiris Ninis (Panathinaikos), Alexandros Tziolis (Panathinaikos).

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?Conte...tenutoId=899112

usual suspects. i hope papastathopoulos plays both games

Chalkias

Socrates Dellas Soto

Giourkas Katsouranis Karagounis Toro

Charisteas Gekas Samaras

If it aint broke just fine tune it Socrates coming off his first Goal and Red card in for Avraam the rest stays the same.

Are Karagounis and Giourkas healthy???

3pts !!!

My starting 11

----------------------------Xalkias---------------------------

---Torosidis------Aavram--------Kyriakos----Sprypoulos-

-----------------------------Basinas--------------------------

------------------------Ninis---------Karagounis------------

----Samaras----------------Gekas--------------Amanatidis

Now im not saying this is our ideal 11, but Its a mix between things we should try out, and players who are good enough to beat Moldova.

As for Ninis. I know he doesn't start at pao, but you have to consinder that he is behind some great midfielders, Ivanshitz, Karagounis, Mattos, Gilberto, Cleyton etc. Its always tough to break into a team when your a young midfielder, especially when you have a mid as strong as paos. Ninis should play agastn Molodova. If Pao was playing a team as week as Molodva, HTC would play ninis, just like he did vs Dinamo Tsibshli.

11kada

3-4-3..Giourkas really played well the last 2 games I cant see Spyropoulos in Otto will probably go with Patsa inside and push Karagounis out wide right and Toro left.

I would like to C:

Chalkias

Socrates

Dellas

Soto

Torosidis

Karagounis

Basinas

Spyropoulos

Charisteas

Gekas

Samaras

Basinas is playing and Samaras is on the bench...how useless.

Why not do the same as against Latvia? use the wings, use Samaras, and DONT FORCE THE GAME TO THE CENTRAL MIDFIELD, BECAUSE IT NEVER DOES ANYTHING AS BASINAS SUCKS ASS - minimize the emphasis improtance of the central midfield so we can get our game rolling properly.....otherwise will be kciking the dirt for 90 mins like old times...

Player capabilities determine successful tactics. Somehow Patsatzoglou instead of Karagounis does not strike me as an equivalent substitution if you expect your team to perform a certain way.

I will wait until the final lineup is announced, but this is what I would field:

------------------------------Chalkias-----------------------

Torosidis------A.Papadopoulos--Kyriakos--Spyropoulos

----------------Basinas------------Katsouranis-------------

--------------------------------Ninis--------------------------

---Salpigidis-----------------Gekas---------------Samaras

Seeing the options I have to say that Greek football is lacking good midfielders.

Basinas is playing and Samaras is on the bench...how useless.

Why not do the same as against Latvia? use the wings, use Samaras, and DONT FORCE THE GAME TO THE CENTRAL MIDFIELD, BECAUSE IT NEVER DOES ANYTHING AS BASINAS SUCKS ASS - minimize the emphasis improtance of the central midfield so we can get our game rolling properly.....otherwise will be kciking the dirt for 90 mins like old times...

i share your frustration. would have preferred pliatsikas to basinas, but hopefully we can scrape 3 pts

I like your 11 and the formation but prefer Dellas to Aavram and Charisteas to Salpi

Will we finally see Ninis??????

I would not mind Delas. But I do feel we need to start playing some younger players to let them develop. Ninis is the only creative midfielder we have (aside from Lybe who has managed to make a name as neither a midfielder nor a forward). He is not in the best form, but neither is Basinas or Katsouranis...

Archived