Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Inter

cyberfish

The first game of the Champions League group stage will be in Athens against Inter.

Tuesday September 16, 9:45 pm Greek Time.

Novasport1 will show the game in Greece, and also will make it available online only in Greece for 4.99 euro.

UEFA.com offers the CL games online for $7.95

Other countries: TV info here and here

It will be a capacity crowd at OAKA since the tickets were sold out in a few hours last Tuesday.

This is going to be a tough game. Probaly the touchest one all season long. If Panathinaikos manages a win it would be a huge success. On paper Inter Milan are the favorites to win the group but Panathinaikos has a history of success in Europe and I hope we pull off a convincing win here.

I have not seen Inter this year, but I have seen PAO, and I hope our defense drinks some of this Asterix potion before the game :P

My prediction (and hope): 3-2 PAO.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so we have to pay for this game there is no ERT for people in NY?

I am no expert in tv rights, but I think UEFA sells the rights to these games directly to tv stations, and they sell them by region. Nova bought the rights for Greece, and it looks like Sentata has bought the rights for the US.

Regarding the game, this report indicates that Nilsson and Karagounis will start against Inter

"

so we have to pay for this game there is no ERT for people in NY?

no there is not. ERT will never carry Champions Games Leagues in the USA, ever.

Unless you are watching a stream from the broadcast in Greece.

Your options:

Greek Live Subsciption and watch it on NET

wait for www.justin.tv/antileech to broadcast it on that site and will suck as quality

Freeegrvents google it, have no idea how reliable it is...

or if you want to watch the game as a ppv event, go to www.uefa.com

I think its a few euros for a livestream, should be good quality and stable, It will likely be off UEFA.com via ESPN, who was the network rights in the USA.

http://video.uefa.com/video/live/competiti.../UCL/index.html

or try finding some places in Astoria since your in NY....Maybe Astoria Billiards on 30th Ave.

As for the game:

No shame in going for the tie on this. The defense is too awful to risk it IMO. Any points are going to be postiive for us in OAKA. Secure the back first, then well see if we can get anything up front is wat im saying.

My Preferred 11 for this partic match:

-------------------Galinovic------------------------------

Nilsson-----Melissis----Gkoumas----Sariegui-----Spyropoulos

--------------------Gilberto-----Simao---------------------

Karagkounis-----------------------------------Ivanschitz

------------------------Sousa/Rukavina-----------------

... Would you guys start Rukavina before Souza?

From what I've seen so far I really like Roukavina in a game like this one. He i very skilled with the ball, he is tall, adequately strong, quick, and fast. I would compare him to Ibrahimovic (at 22). However, I've never seen him play a whole game so it's hard to tell what kind of shape he is.

In a game against Inter I expect that our forwards will have a lot of space to operate (assuming Inter will win possession), I would start Roukavina.

sorry to say but i have no good feeling about this....i think any of the top italian serie a teams can punish our defense at the moment, especially one with ibrahimovic

i think either a 1-1 or a 2-1 loss

btw

the papers are saying cleyton to start behind sousa, and karagounis to return to the left

One more day. I can't wait :tup:

Era sport reports a possible lineup with three DMs. As time goes by, I prefer a more aggressive lineup, but that's why I am not the coach. Somehow I am afraid that if we don't circulate the ball well in midfield Inter will push us into the box and then we'll be praying for 90 min.

Also, since Inter is playing with only one forward, it would be an overkill to play with three CBs.

I am thinking a system like this:

----------------------Galinovic--------------------

Nilsson-----Goumas-----Vintra---Spyropoulos

-----------------------Simao----------------------

---------Gilberto----------------Karagounis-----

Salpigidis----------------------------Ivanschitz--

-----------------------Roukavina-----------------

This can easily become 4-2-3-1 when we attack.

Vintra man-to-man on Ibrahimovic, Simao on whoever comes in support to Ibarhimovic, and Gilberto and Karagounis with the flexibillity to drop back making it 3 or 2 DMs, and Kara with the option of moving to the AM spot.

Archived