Phantis Forums

ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)

When ERT World was briefly on SES-1 (Home2us) a few years back, they carried all five of the radio stations. If by some miracle Globecast/ERT vested interests decides to make ERT World available to us FTA on Galaxy 19 with the rest of Globecast's FTA public broadcasters, then I can see them adding all five as well. But I doubt DISH would carry them all. Your mention of a contract in Canada further dims my hopes of FTA. :unsure: It is these very contracts and vested interests that denied us FTA in the past.

Edited by Grk101

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like ERT World wants to become available on various cable platforms in Europe. Also looking to find somebody to carry their signal in Canada.

Προς ευρωπαϊκή διάθεση η ERT World

Στόχο να ενταχθεί το πρόγραμμα της ERT World στα καλωδιακά τηλεοπτικά δίκτυα σε όλο τον κόσμο έχει η κρατική ραδιοτηλεόραση, η οποία απηύθυνε δημόσια πρόσκληση για τη λήψη προσφορών από πλατφόρμες, προκειμένου να συμπεριλάβουν το δορυφορικό κανάλι στα καλωδιακά δίκτυα κατ’ αρχάς στην Ευρώπη. Η διάθεση του προγράμματος της ERT World θα έχει το ελάχιστο τίμημα των 10 λεπτών ανά συνδρομητή και ανά μήνα. Παράλληλα, η ΕΡΤ ζητάει προσφορές για την παραχώρηση του δικαιώματος μετάδοσης και εκμετάλλευσης της ERT World στον Καναδά. Η μετάδοση διακόπηκε το 2013, με το λουκέτο στην ΕΡΤ. Η επαναμετάδοση του σήματος της ERT World θα παραχωρηθεί για τρία χρόνια και αφορά την εκμετάλλευση του προγράμματος μέσω δορυφορικών, καλωδιακών ή ιντερνετικών δικτύων.

http://www.typologies.gr/2016/10/20/pros-evropaiki-diathesi-i-ert-world/

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure exactly whats going on but I was just scanning thru the Greek channels on Bell Fibe TV and notice that ERT World is now on Bell Fibe TV. Its on the same channel 890 where ERT Sat was, then when ERT Sat what off the air that spot was filled by Greek Cinema, now it appears (at least for the time being)ERT World is now broadcasting on 890 where Greek Cinema was? I'm not sure whats going on as far as I know Greek Cinema is CRTC approved for Canada, while ERT World is not?I'm not sure if its the same on Bell Sat & Rogers as I know Rogers carries Greek Cinema.

So at present as it stands now Greek Cinema appears to missing from Bell Fibe TV(Bell Sat & Rogers?) and replaced by ERT World? I'm guessing this is temp and Greek Cinema will return to Bell Fibe probally on another channel most likely between 2764 & 2779. As it stands now

652 NGTV

653 Greek Music

888 Mega

889 Odyssey (ANT 1)

890 ERT World? Greek Cinema(missing from here)

891 Alpha

892 CHTO(radio Toronto)

2760 4E

2761 RIK Sat

2762 Star

2763 Sports +

2764 to 2778 Empty

2779 CHIR(Radio Toronto)

I'm just guessing but I think Greek Cinema will be moved between 2764 & 2778?

I wish they'd move the other Greek channels there and group them all together.

Edited by MCIBUS

Greek Cinema is back on 890 on Bell Fibe again? Not sure as to why there had ERT World on, but it  if they did maybe that's a sign OTN(most likely) will ask the CRTC  to bring it here and we can see it again?

Edited by MCIBUS

No change on Bell Sat, the channel still says 'ERT' in the guide but is airing programming from Greek Cinema.  What you saw must have been some sort of technical glitch.

I don't see ERT World launching any time soon, from what I have read ERT is a mess these days so I don't think expanding coverage of ERT World is really a priority right now.  I don't really care for this channel coming back again, with all the constant changes in government in Greece I don't think it will be the same as it was before it was shut down.  The current government, from what I have read, is trying to operate it as a state broadcaster- they want to have direct control over all aspects and the top brass at ERT are not happy about this (looks like one big power struggle).

I have been trying to get stupid Bell to pull the plug on the existing 'ERT' channel and replace it with Alpha Sat for a while now but they won't budge.  I don't get it, why keep a lame duck channel that is airing replacement programming when you can very easily replace it with another channel that will arguably be more popular with subscribers?!  The idiots at OTN do not even acknowledge that this 'ERT' channel even exists and they friggin own it!?  They run this ad constantly that lists all the channels they operate and when they mention Bell Satellite all its says is 'Antenna Satellite and MEGA Cosmos'- Hello?, Bell Sat carries 3 channels not 2. :animaatjes-confused-1124061:

• Lazarus changed the title to ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)

I can't comment on Bell Sat, but on Bell Fibe it still says ERT Sat in the guide yet the channel actually showing Greek Cinema? As to why Bell hasn't changed the IPG on 890 to Greek Cinema from ERT Sat I can't answer. It doesn't even list the Greek Movies, all it says Alternative Programming. And to top it off on Sundays and at other times they show CHURCH SERVICES!! WTF is that? It suppose to be a movie channel not some religous stuff?

I can't comment on Bell Sat, but on Bell Fibe it still says ERT Sat in the guide yet the channel actually showing Greek Cinema? As to why Bell hasn't changed the IPG on 890 to Greek Cinema from ERT Sat I can't answer.

This channel used to be ERT World Canada, when ERT shut down the channel remained on the air with programming from Greek Cinema being aired on what was supposed to be a temporary basis.  Fast forward, 3-4 years and ERT has been resurrected but is a mess and ERT World is still nowhere to be seen (at least internationally).  For some inexplicable reason, the jokers at OTN have kept the channel going with this 'replacement' programming (which is essentially Greek Cinema with a different channel name in the guide), instead of shutting it down and replacing it with another channel.  Also, for some inexplicable reason Bell has kept this channel in their lineup, neither dropping it nor replacing it with another channel.  Both Rogers and Videotron Cable also carried ERT World and both have subsequently dropped this channel from their lineup (Rogers dropped it shortly after ERT shut down in Greece) and replaced it with Alpha Sat.  I have been watching this gong show for a while now waiting to see what will happen.  They should either just change the name in the guide to 'Greek Cinema' or drop the fake ERT channel and add another one in its place but it seems that here like in Greece simple logic is too much for these people!?

Edited by HellasHab

Here we go again!! ERT Woeld is broadcasting on 890 since 11 AM like yesterday and seems to go off the air around 4 5 PM and Greek Cinerma comes back on the channels spot?

This is BS I'm paying for Greek Cinema as part of my Greek Combo not ERT World?

I'm going to launch a complaint with the CRTC that the owner of OTN is in violation of his licience agreement. He has the CRTC approval to show Greek Cinema programming not ERT World programming in Canada yet he's illegally showing ERT World programming(New Stuff not old from the new channel ERT World).

Either he should get Bell to put Greek Cinema on another channel and put ERT World on 890?

Its airing here on Bell Sat as well.

I wonder if they have picked up the rights to ERT World or if they are just airing the online stream illegally?!

This is BS I'm paying for Greek Cinema as part of my Greek Combo not ERT World?

No, actually you are paying for ERT World, that is what the channel should be airing.

Edited by HellasHab

It's still airing ERT World at 4:30 PM EST.So we will see if switches to Greek Cinema later on.  I have a feeling Greek Cinema will be showing up on another channel shortly and ERT World will be on 890. After all OTN has the rights to Greek Cinema and I know a lot of Greek subs that like the channel. All of my mothers friends sub to this channel either thru Bell Sat 714, Belll Fibe 890 or Rogers 922?

Well ERT World is still airing. I went to OTN eweb sit and found this:

HE ODYSSEY FAMILY IS GROWING THANKS TO YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT
Odyssey Television Network, the only legal Canadian provider for the television stations: Ant1sat, Mega Cosmos, Alpha Sat, Sport plus and Greek Cinema, brings Greece directly to your TV screens through its affordable subscription packages. Contact your cable and satellite providers to enjoy our rich television programs that will satisfy even the most demanding viewer.

TO ACCESS OUR GREEK TELEVISION STATIONS, PLEASE CALL:
Rogers
1-888-764-3771

1-877-560-8136

tv-channel-logos-small_05
1-888-759-3474

tv-channel-logos-small_08
1-888-554-7827

tv-channel-logos-small_14
1-888-554-7827

tv-channel-logos-small_16
1-888-811-2323

tv-channel-logos-small_21
1-877-512-0911

tv-channel-logos-small_18
1-800-665-5151

Channel 897

Channel 889

Channel 713

Channel 807

Channel 525

Channel 713

Channel 253

Channel 532

Channel 896

Channel 888

Channel 712

Channel 712

Channel 256

Channel 898

Channel 891

Channel 714

Channel 922

Channel 890

CHTO AM 1690
Channel 959

Channel 2763

CHTO AM 1690
Channel 892

placeholder.png

Edited by MCIBUS

I hope this works;  From OTN Web Site:

THE ODYSSEY FAMILY IS GROWING THANKS TO YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT

Odyssey Television Network, the only legal Canadian provider for the television stations: Ant1sat, Mega Cosmos, Alpha Sat, Sport plus and Greek Cinema, brings Greece directly to your TV screens through its affordable subscription packages. Contact your cable and satellite providers to enjoy our rich television programs that will satisfy even the most demanding viewer.

TO ACCESS OUR GREEK TELEVISION STATIONS, PLEASE CALL:
Rogers

1-888-764-3771

bellfibe_small.jpg

1-877-560-8136

tv-channel-logos-small_05

1-888-759-3474

tv-channel-logos-small_08

1-888-554-7827

tv-channel-logos-small_14

1-888-554-7827

tv-channel-logos-small_16

1-888-811-2323

tv-channel-logos-small_21

1-877-512-0911

tv-channel-logos-small_18

1-800-665-5151

channel-logos-small_03.png

Channel 897

Channel 889

Channel 713

Channel 807

Channel 525

Channel 713

Channel 253

Channel 532

channel-logos-small_06.png

Channel 896

Channel 888

Channel 712

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

Channel 712

placeholdertransparent.png

Channel 256

placeholder.png

channel-logos-small_08.png

Channel 898

channel-logos-small_08.png

Channel 891

Channel 714

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

channel-logos-small_10.png

Channel 922

Channel 890

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

CHTO AM 1690

Channel 959

channel-logos-small_12.png

Channel 2763

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

CHTO AM 1690

Channel 892

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

placeholder.png

According to their Web site ERT World is on Bell Sat & Bell Fibe TV yet Greek Cinema is not and on Rogers they have Greek Cinema but not ERT World. So I don't know whats going on , all I hope is Greek Cinema returns to Bell Fibe TV at some point?
Edited by MCIBUS

Well it looks like ERT World is here to stay, the IPG on Bell Fibe TV has switched from ERT Sat to ERT World and the programming is ERT World? Now I'm not sure how OTN is getting their feed via live streaming or actual video feed fom a Euro sat?

Edited by MCIBUS

Update:

Greek Cinema is back on again on 890? But for how long. This is getting tire some around of "Musical Chairs(AKA-channels)Either leave ERT World 24/7 on 890 and just put Greek Cinema on another channel.

Just saw an ad on Odyssey- ERT World is officially back!

It said that for the rest of March they will continue to alternate between ERT World and Greek Cinema programming.  ERT World will return full time in April.

I wonder if it will show up on Dish in the USA soon as well?!

Well at least they finally made a up their minds. I suspect Greek Cinema will probably show up on Bell Fibe. I'm guessing somewhere between 2764 & 2778 as that ewhere the other Greek channels are- 4E, RIK SAT, Star, Sports+, CHIR. I'd wish Bell would move the other  Greek channel into that area 2760-2779. The funny part is even if they where to move them there, there still room for 7 more channels. At present Bell Fibe has 12 Greek Channels not including ERT World.

Not sure what else they could add? The only ones I could think of is the Greek Radio station in Montreal  & the 3 Radio station on Dish-Super Sports FM,Antenna Radio & Rythmos Radio? Can't think of any other TV Stations.

The thing is how is OTN receiving ERT World? As far as I know ERT World doesn't have a International feed?

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out(in Canada on providers)What will Rogers do carry it or not? Same with Bell Sat & Fibe -drop Greek Cinema for ERT or just keep both?Videotron? Considering the majority of Greek ethnic group either live in Toronto,Montreal & Ottawa, it'll be interesting to see how Rogers,Bell & Videotron  responed?

Who is going to pay for this channel? There is absolutely nothing of interest on ERT World anymore. All 3 of the ERT channels put together can't even reach 10% audience share daily in Greece.

I seriously doubt ERT World will acquire any sports rights as well....

All I know is sometimes when ERT world is on you see ALL3 in the bottom right corner, so perhaps OTN is taking the best from all 3 ERT channels and just broadcasting them on one channel here in Canada.

On 3/17/2017 at 7:24 PM, MCIBUS said:

All I know is sometimes when ERT world is on you see ALL3 in the bottom right corner, so perhaps OTN is taking the best from all 3 ERT channels and just broadcasting them on one channel here in Canada.

With all this talk of ERT World available now in Canada is fascinating to me.......

I have an Android box that gets ERT1, ERT2, ERT3, and ERTHD & ERT World for the longest time and tons of other Greek channels. And all at N/C.The only channel that it does not carry is ANT1 Satellite which is licensed here in North America by Dish network in the US and OTN here in Canada. And they work great. There is an APP that you can download on your device and on your Android phone and away you go. Just need good internet with Wi-Fi and you are all set. I still have Bell Sat and noticed it when I put in on to see what Greek movie on Greek Cinema is playing and to my surprise, there was ERT World. Just boring stuff when I watched it for a few minutes. And it was the same programming when I turned on my Android phone to check out the programming on that channel. It is not the old ERT as I know before the old Greek government shut it down a few years back. That old ERT channel had some decent programming which I enjoyed viewing.

Edited by mike0257

1 hour ago, MCIBUS said:

So the ERT World Bell is carring, which feed is? ERT1?2?3? ERT HD? or is actually ERT World?

Right now it is still on channel 714... It is alternating from Greek Cinema to ERT World.I do believe by April sometime, it will be all

ERT World for which I hope not. Unless Bell adds another Greek channel on their satellite service lineup, than it will be

only MEGA COSMOS, ANT SATELLITE & ERT WORLD.

If you want to view all the ERT stations, get an ANDROID box. You will be able to catch all Greek channels for FREE. Providing you have good high 

speed internet with Wi-Fi.

Well I have High Speed 50/10 but actually getting 62/10.

I have Bell Fibe so I get more then the ones you mentioned. I dought Bell Sat will add anymore Greek Channels. From what I can gather ERT World wil take Greek Cinema place come April 1. Now the question will Bell Sat add Greek Cinema to its line up? Probably not. Will Bell Fibe? Maybe considering there caring 10 Greek Channels plus two radio stations(CHTO & CHIR).

What I want to know is ERT World the same one you get on your Android box or is it programs from ERT 1,2,3,HD & World all combined?

I would mind seeing these added

ERT 1

ERT 2

ERT 3

ERT HD

Anttenna RADIO

RYTHMOS Radio

Super Sports FM 

Edited by MCIBUS
more info

Just now, MCIBUS said:

Well I have High Speed 50/10 but actually getting 62/10.

I have Bell Fibe so I get more then the ones you mentioned. I dought Bell Sat will add anymore Greek Channels. From what I can gather ERT World wil take Greek Cinema place come April 1. Now the question will Bell Sat add Greek Cinema to its line up? Probably not. Will Bell Fibe? Maybe considering there caring 10 Greek Channels plus two radio stations(CHTO & CHIR).

What I want to know is ERT World the same one you get on your Android box or is it programs from ERT 1,2,3,HD & World all combined?

No.....

They have all different programming. ERT HD is the same as ERT 1. ERT World has different programming also. I verified that.

If you get a good fast Android TV Box and load up on the Greek channels, you will probably cancel your Greek subs from Bell.

I know a few relatives and Greek friends that cancelled from Rogers and Bell. Cost from both providers is ridiculous. Rogers charges $35.00

for only 3 Greek channels which a neighbor up the street pays plus basic cable. Do the math and see what the cost is....

Both providers are using scare tactics on one of the Greek channels to prevent people from cancelling their subs. I have not seen the commercial myself

but my mom has seen it a few times.