Phantis Forums

ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)

• 1 month later...

Well this is interesting, it appears the tender for ERT's distribution rights is still going on as planned. From what was decided late last year, PCCW would get the right until a new tender could be completed, and it appears it is rolling along. Check out this announcement posted on ERT's site today in reference to some clarifications:

http://www.ert.gr/index.php/anakoinoseis/8...-ertworld-.html

I think this term is the most interesting one:

"11.

Edited by Grk101

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know why ERT World preempted the broadcast of the 1st semi-final of the Eurovision Song Contest yesterday? They showed nothing but documentaries during its 3pm-530pm time slot. I tried calling ERT directly several times, but of course no one picks up the telephone. I don't know why it was preempted. It was listed on the program guide. Luckily for me, my sister is married to a Ukrainian and they subscribe to Russian programming. The unfortunate part was listening to the Russian commentary. Don't know a word they said. Anyway, if anybody has any info, please post. Thanks. :)

One word STRIKE all channels yesterday were showing alternative programming as they were all on strike

The morning and midday shows were on as scheduled (Kafes me tin Eleni, Kous Kous, etc.). Was it just the journalists on strike? Eurovision is an entertainment show.

They must have decided against broadcasting it on ERT World this year for some reason. All the news articles on their Eurovision site strangely do not mention ERT World. For example, check this out from their first semi-final report: "The contest was broadcast live by NET and ERT HD, within the framework of the state broadcaster

They must have decided against broadcasting it on ERT World this year for some reason. All the news articles on their Eurovision site strangely do not mention ERT World. For example, check this out from their first semi-final report: "The contest was broadcast live by NET and ERT HD, within the framework of the state broadcaster

Just FYI, ERT did it again. :nono: They did not broadcast the 2nd semi final of the Eurovision Song Contest on ERT World. You know, they could at least make some sort of announcement but I guess that's wishful thinking on my part. Thank goodness my brother-in-law subscribes to Russian programming (he's Ukrainian) and was able to DVR the contest on Channel 1 Russia World (channel 2140 on DirecTV). There's also the option of the live stream on eurovision.tv but doesn't work well if you're not home at the time. Anyway, let's see if ERT does anything on Saturday but from the looks of it probably not.

:gr:

Edited by gang3171

ERT finally came to their senses.

Anyway one of the most exciting voting processes since I've been watching. For a while you didn't know who the winner would be but in the end it was Azerbaijan. Other "winners" tonight were Italy who returned after a 14 yr absence and captured 2nd place, Sweden who experienced technical problems during rehearsals captured 3rd, Ukraine was a surprise with 4th place (the sand artist helped) and last but not least,

• 1 month later...

It seems that ERT is trying out web tv/online streaming. I was on the ERT site last night, and they had a live stream of NET going. It's not mentioned on their front page anymore though, but here is the link it was at: http://www.ert.gr/netlive/multi-player/liveint.html It is currently not working anymore....Maybe it is only available during a certain time?

If only we could get the ERT World online stream back....

Edited by Grk101

Grk101,

Try this ling.

www.greektvlive.net/hellenic-2-live.html

I have Verizon Fios 15/5 and it's playing fine with no break ups.

DKSat

Edited by DKSat

Thanks for the link DKSat, always good to have a quality online steam.

Just an update, very interesting movement from ERT online. I checked ERT's site again now and it looks like they are testing/introducing "ERT Web TV". Check this out: http://www.ert.gr/webtv/ It has some of their shows online, but also the left panel mentions live streams of ET1, NET, and ERT World! So far it seems only ET1 and NET streams are click-able, though they aren

Edited by Grk101

So from what I gather in this topic, ERT is not available on Direct TV and basically nothing else but Dish Network. Am I right?

DirecTV dropped their Greek package several months ago, they no longer offer a Greek service.

ERT World is currently available on Dish Network & Home2US via satellite and through Wherever TV (IPTV). It has been mentioned on here that ERT World will become exclusive to Home2US and will be leaving Dish Network by the end of the summer but that remains to be seen.

With ERTs financial problems in Greece, They can not afford to loose all that revenue coming from Dish Network and going exclusive with a start up company like Home2US.

With the 300 GREASED up Greeks running the country anything can happened at any giving day..

DKsat

It has been mentioned on here that ERT World will become exclusive to Home2US and will be leaving Dish Network by the end of the summer but that remains to be seen.

I never believed that was actually a possibility.

Media recently reported that ERT will focus even more on satellite as it is going to shut down all its digital channels in Greece and ET1. ET3's fate is debated.

Of course if they close down two of the three channels, I must ask what exactly they will be showing on ERT World. I do hope at a minimum they keep ET3 besides NET (which is the only guaranteed to stay open).

Edited by likos

With ERTs financial problems in Greece, They can not afford to loose all that revenue coming from Dish Network and going exclusive with a start up company like Home2US.

I agree that Dish is the more stable platform of the two but if they want this channel to succeed long term then they have to get their act together and expand distribution of the channel by signing some deals with cable providers. I think its a disgrace that ERT World is only available via satellite in the US, while in other smaller countries it enjoys widespread distribution.

With the 300 GREASED up Greeks running the country anything can happened at any giving day..

Right you are, which means it wouldn't surprise me if ERT World was suddenly removed from Home2US and remained exclusive to Dish. This story has had so many twists and turns in it that I have lost count. ;) I think I can say with some certainty that the story is far from over and unfortunately subscribers in the US are going to continue to be strung along by the idiots at ERT.

Based on what Harlem Reporter posted above, it looks like some 'grease' monkey is challenging the deal to award PCCW Global the distribution rights. This will no doubt create more instability and cause more headaches for subscribers.

Media recently reported that ERT will focus even more on satellite as it is going to shut down all its digital channels in Greece and ET1. ET3's fate is debated.

Of course if they close down two of the three channels, I must ask what exactly they will be showing on ERT World.

I think that is a good move to shut down one channel, a country the size of Greece doesn't need 3 public channels, not to mention the numerous radio stations ERT operates (some of those will be shut down as well). I would keep NET & ET3, one channel based in Athens and one in Thessaloniki. As for ERT World, I think we are going to be seeing a lot of repeats as with all the cutbacks that are coming, I don't think they will be producing a lot of new programming.

• Lazarus changed the title to ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)