Phantis Forums

ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)

Relax guys. It's only television. As far as I can tell, both ERT-Sat and Antenna Satellite are provided in Canada through OTN, They are even listed as OTN1 and OTN2 on Bell Expressvu platform. I guess I should just call them that (OTN1 and OTN2), but I wanted to include both.

The only reason i am asking is because the listings looked cluttered and all with the brackets and the Odyssey 1 & 2 crap. If it was just ERT Sat things would be easier on the eyes. Dont change it, thats cool. If you look at www.rogers.com though, under the multicultural stuff you would see its called ERT SAT. (formerly Odyssey2) :LOL:

PS this is my last post on this topic, im not going to beat a dead horse.

• 2 weeks later...

ERT World is FINALLY Here!! :tup:

The on-screen logo has been changed to ERT World, the website hasn't been changed yet though.

Now where is my localized schedule ERT, that is all I am waiting for so hurry up!

Time to change the name again Ziaka :D

:gr:

Edited by HellasHab

• 8 months later...

How do u set up the ertworld to work, it keeps puttin me thru to subscribe to a university site or something. can anyone help pls?? im trying to set up so that my husband (greek football mad lad) can see the gam on sat. weve just com over from greece and i dont want him to miss out on it.

you could take yo husband to a greek bar...

open yellow pages & call to c if they have tv...

in brussels, there are 2 spots... one in the grand place and the other near euroinstitutions...

or you could get a link... personally, i dont know whivh channel will show it...

• 1 year later...

ERT has stated over and over again for 3 friggin' years now, that ERT World will have 3 seperate feeds with each one having a localized schedule, meaning we don't have to watch things according to Greek time. I have yet to see anything implemented and have received no response to any of my emails- typical Greek crap I guess. ;)

I am sick of this crap, ANT1 & Mega both offer local feeds of their international channels where the program is aired according to the local time zone be it N. America or Australia- why the hell can't ERT get with the program and do the same?! Its bad enough we have been getting repeats for the past 4 months, we can't even watch some shows because they air in the middle of the night because of the stupid time difference with Greece. What kind of amateurs are running this channel, do they not have any professional people working at ERT who know what they are doing?

:tdown:

ERT-world in N. America has slightly (only slightly) different schedule

than ERT-world in Europe. For example, the N. American feed shows

some games that are not shown in Europe.

(There that are shown by Nova.)

For most part though, the schedule is the same.

You're right that the European feed might be different for football matches, but other than that it's exactly the same. Indeed they've been talking about separate feeds for Europe, America and Australia for years now, but as is typical of ERT, they haven't done it yet (just like ERT Digital, after almost three years on air, still only broadcasts from its original three locations in Greece). Instead they spent 1.2 million Euros on their new logos. :whistle:

• 1 year later...

What great news! Let's hope it really is available on more platforms, and at a competitive price at that! :tup: Let's hope this new company signs a number of deals on various platforms, and not just "exclusive deals".

So with this move, if they do in fact go to Directv as well (I'm sure D would be interested to pull in viewers?), Antenna will effectively be the only channel left that is exclusive to Dish Network.

Any chance we will also get the online stream back now?

Edited by Grk101

DKSat, Good to hear from you again file! :tup:

I can't believe what I am reading, are you telling me that my wish will finally come true and we will see ERT World FTA in North America?! Are you sure PCCW Global will be allowed to offer it FTA since it still airs soccer matches?!

Any news on whether the deal with this company will become permanent?! According to the info you posted, it appears ERT has signed a one year deal with PCCW Global because they will be going through a public bidding process to award the rights. Why would it take one year to decide whom to award the distribution rights to... oops I forgot we are talking about Greece here! :D

Well, I guess we will see how this plays out. Hopefully this company starts signing some deals with cable companies in the US, so people there have more options available to them.

The proposal from ERT to PCCW Global is for ERT World to go to DIRECTV and Telco / Cable companies and be FTA on a US domestic Satellite. I think that the deal with PCCW Global will become permanent these guys mean business . Within one week they made deals with the largest Satellite companies to transmit the ERT World signal world wide.

DKsat

Thanks for the update DKSat.

Interesting news, so ERT is the one directing them to go to DirecTV and cable, looks like there's some bad blood between ERT & Dish Network?! I wonder what that means for Antenna and their channels, who will subscribe to Dishnet just for Antenna especially now that its available on cable as well?! Could this mean the end of Greek programming on Dish?! They like to add a lot of niche, 2nd tier ethnics, I wonder what they will replace ERT World with, if anything?!

The addition of ERT World will strengthen DirecTV's Greek package and might mean an increase in subs for them?! They should drop Alpha TV, that channel is full of reality junk, very little quality programming- at least IMO.

Looking at the PCCW Global website, it appears as though this is a Chinese company?! If so that would explain why they have been able to secure deals in the span of only a week- the Chinese know how to get things done!

They should drop Alpha TV, that channel is full of reality junk, very little quality programming- at least IMO.

You should take a look at the programing for the new season from the other Greek channels. They are all taking on this model. What's worse, is that there are now even going to be competing knock-off format shows. (Like TopChef (Ant1) vs Masterchef (Mega)) The only one that it looks like seems to be offering a few scripted shows for the next season is Mega, but even they are scaling them down and adding a lot of reality.

Alpha itself actually has some OK reality shows: Greek Idol, Efialtis Stin Kouzina (Kitchen Nightmares), Pame Paketo (which is actually top rated on its night), and they bought the rights and are reviving Big Brother, which apparently got a record 6,000 submissions. Also they have Lakis Lazopoulos' show, which is top rated on its night, as well as the well rated morning shows. (Kafes Me Tin Eleni on Weekdays, and Mes tin Kali Hara on weekends)

Edited by Grk101

• Lazarus changed the title to ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)