Phantis Forums

ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)

Does anybody know the outcomes or what was discussed in Sydney???

Ha, ha

I would like to know what happened as well. I wonder what they presented since the channel is still ERT Sat not ERT World. What a joke, so much for October, its November and still no changes. Great work ERT, keep it up :D

I know others (see HELLAS-KYPROS-ENWSIS) don't like us complaining about ERT Sat but you can't help it because these guys are pathetic. I don't care about the name change nor the programming changes, all I want is the LOCALIZED SCHEDULE- ARE YOU LISTENING ERT?!? How hard is that, give me the schedule in North American time not Greek time. I live here not in Greece. Once that change occurs, which I doubt it ever will, then you won't hear another word from me about ERT Sat or whatever the heck its called.

Incidentally, I see the lines were busy today, tried calling but all I got was a busy signal. I guessed alot of people are pissed about the mishap yesterday during the soccer. They probably turned off the phones, so many people were calling. Thankfully I was still able to watch the game, just the sound got screwed up. I see others lost the video not the sound- that sucks big time!

I wonder if DKSat could find out what the heck is going on at ERT headquarters?

There is going to be changes coming soon with the Greek channels in North America.

Also 2 new Greek channels will be coming soon for the North America market testing will start in the next few weeks.

DKsat

Edited by DKSat

does Direct TV get involved???

All good things to those who wait :D

As long as we don't get any more ANT1 channels :P

I second that cyberfish!

I think we have reached our ANT1 limit, you can only take so much crap and then its too much. Also, I don't see what other channels they have that could launch here, then again maybe I should just zip it in case there are other ones :LOL:

My assumption is that DirecTV or Globecast is involved.

Interesting about Globecast Ziaka, I would have only thought DirecTV. Why would they go to Globecast, DirecTV is the more mainstream provider, Globecast only sells international services. Although with Globecast owning the rights to ERT Sat, that would be an interesting twist, if they move ERT Sat over there too. How many would stay with Dishnet then, I wonder?

Oh well, time will reveal all, its just I like to know now, I can't take the suspense :D

Maybe someone should contact DirecTV and Globecast and see what they have to say?

It seems DirecTV has some kind of agreement with UBI for the Arabic package... Could we expect a DirectGreek package containing the UBI selection of channels RIK Sat, Sigma, Channel 10, Extra, Alpha, MAD World, Star and proberly the Radio Channels also that UBI have

Time will tell .... :)

:gr:

Edited by Kolossos

It seems DirecTV has some kind of agreement with UBI for the Arabic package... Could we expect a DirectGreek package containing the UBI selection of channels RIK Sat, Sigma, Channel 10, Extra, Alpha, MAD World, Star and proberly the Radio Channels also that UBI have

Time will tell .... :)

none of the above carry soccer...Dont think many would leave Dish... ERT would be the big catch

Good news about ERT-Sat being available ala-carte.

Incidently 10 days Dishnetwork called me and told me that my old Greek Language package was being changed from $ 36.99 to $ 39.99, and it now includes all those Antenna crap channels along with the new radio stations. I was told that I had not choice in the matter.

Well I told the person that I will probably be dropping the Greek language package, since I did not want to lose ERA Spor. They went ahead and changed my package, but they did not remove ERA Spor or ERA 5 from the package yet.

ziaka,

I had a similar experience two months ago. They changed my GreekLanguage package and told me they can just change the packages whenever they want without my consent.

I was interested in ERTsat and ERAsport only, but to get them I had to upgrade from my $36 a month to the $51 per month package since it was the only one that included ERAsport. I only did it because I complained enough that one of the managers I was able to speak with gave me two month credit for the difference between the two packages.

Last week I called and downgraded to the Ant1 plus one (ERTsat) package, and they charged me $5 for downgrading.

Now I will call and cancel all the packages. Instead I will get ERTsat only for half the money I pay now. They will charge me another $5 but I will be saving more on the monthly bill.

Needless to say, I am disgusted at how Ant1 has tried to leverage the popularity of ERTsat, in order to make money.

Thanks to everyone who posted the info.

Ziaka,

Are you going to change the Canadian listings to ERT Sat. You said you would a couple of months ago.

Please.

Give it a rest already- its a friggin name who cares?!

It is a Canadian channel that is owned and run by Odyssey Televsion Network, so Ziaka has it correct IMO. Also, if he felt strongly about changing it he probably already would have, so that should give you a hint on whether it will change or not.

Is this Maniatakos in diguise?

Relax guys. It's only television. As far as I can tell, both ERT-Sat and Antenna Satellite are provided in Canada through OTN, They are even listed as OTN1 and OTN2 on Bell Expressvu platform. I guess I should just call them that (OTN1 and OTN2), but I wanted to include both.

Can anyone tell me why there is only ERT and Ant1 under that stupid ONT1 & 2?

There are no other choices when it comes to chanells and on top of that the

Ant1 coverage is chopped down by some stupid local s%$#! that defies description!

I am very dissapointed to say the least of the variety of programminig and if it wasn't for Soccer i could have cancelled the subscription.

Does anyone know if there will be any addition of other chanells?

Can anyone tell me why there is only ERT and Ant1 under that stupid ONT1 & 2?

There are no other choices when it comes to chanells and on top of that the

Ant1 coverage is chopped down by some stupid local s%$#! that defies description!

I am very dissapointed to say the least of the variety of programminig and if it wasn't for Soccer i could have cancelled the subscription.

Does anyone know if there will be any addition of other chanells?

Takis,

Join the club, not very many people are happy about things here in Canada, but blaim the stupid CRTC for that. If things were more open here like in the U.S, we would have access to the same channels but instead we get crappy CDN versions that have to have a certain percentage of Canadian content.

There is another company that is looking to launch 2 new channels, no word on what they may be and it won't be until sometime next year at the earliest, since we are now headed into the holiday season so nothing will get done now. Send me a PM if you like and I will give you more info on who to contact at this company to get more information. The more people that contact them the better, so they know there is interest.

My advice would be go FTA, not black market but real FTA. Mega, Alter & ERT Sat are all available FTA (C-Band). The reason I mention these is because they are on 2 different satelites but they are close to one another. Could pick them up with one dish, while Antenna is on yet another satellite but it would require a second dish.

• Lazarus changed the title to ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)