Phantis Forums

ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)

Crappy news <_< :tdown:

How come Australians get ERT SAT free and we here in North America have to pay???

Supposedly they get the same feed we get, i.e. LIVE SPORTS.

This is a jip off, it better become FTA here as well, some has some explaining to do, why the discrepency?!

Sure can ;)

ela file Kolossos...

ok i am in melbourne.... do u know of any dish places that i can goto???

i want to go there and say... this is the channel i want.... come and do it :LOL:

which dish do u recommend i get??? i want a dsih that wont be useless after Ertsat isnt fta anymore....

any info will be appreciated B)

HellsHab,

ERT Sat is broadcasting FTA in North and South America via INT 806 .

DKSat

Thanks DKSat,

I am aware of this but isn't that C-Band, which means you need a really big dish or am I mistaken??

I hope Globecast gets the rights and moves the channel from 806 to IA5 which is KU-Band.

ela file Kolossos...

ok i am in melbourne.... do u know of any dish places that i can goto???

i want to go there and say... this is the channel i want.... come and do it :LOL:

which dish do u recommend i get??? i want a dsih that wont be useless after Ertsat isnt fta anymore....

any info will be appreciated B)

PM sent ;)

One thing that's been bugging me for a while is, why can't ERT get rights to broadcast international matches involving Greek teams (national and clubs) to the US in the Greek language. How expensive can that be? By contrast, TV5 (french channel) that I subscribe to on Dish Network, will carry all the Euro qualifying matches that France plays. I would guess French language rights can't be more expensive than Greek (and I'm paying less for TV5 -$10/mo- than ERT costs a la carte).

I agree Epsilon,

I see today that TV5 here in Canada is showing the France - Italy Euro qualifier LIVE! and also Telelatino has picked up the game from 'Setanta' so why can't ERT or Antenna pick up the qualifiers as well in Greek?? I guess the answer is they are too cheap and don't want to spend the money. :tdown:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

By the end of September or October we will know ho is going to get the transmission rights to ERT Sat for North / South America and Australia .

DKSat

So any news on the rights issue for ERT SAT?? September is gone and October is half gone, why do they take so long to make a decision?? Typical Greeks, if we convert it to Greek time, we should know who has the rights by next spring. :D

:gr:

The Greek news paper TA NEA is doing a investigation report on ERT Sat for North America on how Globe Cast and Echostar Dish Network is using ERT Sat to profit them selfs on a Government channel and in order to subscribe to ERT Sat in North America you need to get the $40.00 package and in order to get ERA 5 / ERA Sport you need to get the $60.00 package along with the STUPID Antenna channels.

The reporter that is doing the investigation report will get all the facts together and he will take them to the BOULI.

The report will be publish on the news paper TA NEA

DKSat

Has this report been published in the newspaper yet or is the guy still investigating?? Ta Nea is available here in Toronto at the library, so I may go see if I can find the article.

So does this mean Globecast has the distribution rights for North America or have they not been awarded yet? Here I was hoping Globecast would get them so they could move the channel to IA5 so we could get it FTA (Ku Band). Is ERT in on this too, I guess they must be - Bastards! :angry:

I suggest everyone in the US who wants ERT SAT call Dishnet and complain and threaten to cancel your subscription. If enough people do this maybe they will make the channel available a la carte again. Call ERT as well and tell them this is unacceptable to have to pay $40 bucks in order to get the Public broadcaster.

Crooked p*****thes, fidi na sas faei! May they all go bankrupt!!

Anyone know who is in charge of ERT Sat, I think I would like to send them an email.

PRESS CONFERENCE WITH ERT WORLD

The Press and Communication Office/Consulate General of Greece in Sydney and the Direction of International television broadcasting of Hellenic Television (ERT)

Invite you to a press conference for the presentation of the new upgraded program of National Satellite Television.

During the press conference the ERT officials will present the new logo as well as the upgraded signals of National Satellite Television

That has been renamed to ERT world after a decision taken by the President and the Management of ERT.

The press conference will take place on the 31st of October at 6.00pm at the new premises

Of the Press and Communication Office:

Suite 2103, 227 Elizabeth Str Sydney 2000

Buffet and cocktails will be served after the press conference.

RSVP : 02 92640355 , 0292479422

The 15th has come and gone and still no changes at ERT SAT- surprise, surprise!! Typical last minute Greek stuff, who knows if the changes will actually ever happen?!

I contacted ERT and still have not received a reply. What is it with these Greek channels, what the hell is the point of putting out an email address if you aren't going to bother replying to people??

Oh well, I will enjoy what is there, maybe someday the schedule will be localized just like the other Greek services.

• 2 weeks later...

PRESS CONFERENCE WITH ERT WORLD

The Press and Communication Office/Consulate General of Greece in Sydney and the Direction of International television broadcasting of Hellenic Television (ERT)

Invite you to a press conference for the presentation of the new upgraded program of National Satellite Television.

During the press conference the ERT officials will present the new logo as well as the upgraded signals of National Satellite Television

That has been renamed to ERT world after a decision taken by the President and the Management of ERT.

The press conference will take place on the 31st of October at 6.00pm at the new premises

Of the Press and Communication Office:

Suite 2103, 227 Elizabeth Str Sydney 2000

Buffet and cocktails will be served after the press conference.

RSVP : 02 92640355 , 0292479422

Does anybody know the outcomes or what was discussed in Sydney???

Stin Ameriki gia kana tetarto eixame eikona apo to paixnidi kai ixo apo kapoia elliniki seira. Eftiakse kai meta apo kana 10a lepto pali ta idia. Pire o aderfos mou tilefono, sikose kapoios ypalilos kai tou eipame ti ginete. O ypallilos tis ert petaske ena "Kosta, exoun problima stin ameriki" se kapoion synaderfo ekei giro kai eftiakse pali.

Pantos aparadekto na ginontai tetoia pragmata.

• Lazarus changed the title to ERT World (Ex-ERT Sat)