The Superbowl

Your pick for the Superbowl Game  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Your pick for the Superbowl Game

• Indianapolis - Philadelphia
    • Indianapolis - Carolina
    • New England - Philadelphia
    • New England - Carolina

With less than a month before the Superbowl, now is probably the time for some heavy duty predictions...

Who's gonna make it? Take your pick!....

Here's your candidates:

AFC

New England Patriots

Kansas City Chiefs

Tennesse Titans

Indianapolis Colts

NFC

Philadelphia Eagles

St. Louis Rams

Green Bay Packers

Carolina Panthers

Here's mine (for now)

Indianapolis Colts - Philadelpha Eagles

Naaaw Lazare mou, it's gonna be New England-Iladelph... :tup: And me and you right now are the only ones with bragging rights to argue about this thing...Indy will lose tomorrow my friend. Let me tell you why. It is not because I am a Patriot and a native of Boston, but my friend, have you seen the weather up here lately???? We had windchill factor of -55 last night at one point. OK? So Payton Manning, the Florida boy himself, no matter how good of an arm and no matter what kinda hot streak he's been on DON'T stand a chance against my boys in this weather.

Basically I think it'll be one hell of a game and it will be back and forth. When they met earlier this season the Pats stopped them on 4downs at the goal line with seconds left...you might remember that one...I think it'll be close, but I'm curious as to why nobody's picking the Pats for this one. They've won 14 straight games for crying out loud! :huh: Anyway man, I hope it's a Philly/NE SuperBowl and we shall see what unfolds me friend. Best of luck to the Greens... ;)

JCL

We had windchill factor of -55 last night at one point. OK?

-55? Holy crap!... That's mighty cold!...

True, the weather favors the Pats, slightly. Don't forget that Indianapolis, isn't Florida temperature wise... It gets cold there too!...

Yes, you did beat them in your previous encounter, but the Colts are on a HOT streak!... It should certainly be a great game, and I wish you all the best!... I hope I'm wrong in my predictions and your team (the Pats) make it to the Superbowl.

Regarding the Eagles... I still don't think that they have a good team this year -- at least not compared to what they had last year, and the year before. It could be the injured list (having 5 starters injured is not a walk in the park), which is like having half a team... Anyway, I consider them lucky for this season, but hey!... I'll be cheering for them all the way!...

Let's just hope these this weekend is just as magnificent (gamewise) as last weekend -- probably the best playoff weekend I've ever seen!...

May the best team win!... (Good luck to the Pats)...

Don't forget that Indianapolis, isn't Florida temperature wise... It gets cold there too!...

True, but THEY PLAY IN A DOME :lol: :lol: :lol:

but the Colts are on a HOT streak!...

Gee, what's 14 games straight then... :lol: That would we white hot... :D

In all honesty, I think the AFC is where it's at this year. Carolina doesn't strike me as the kinda team that could go all the way, and the Eagles a bit of the same. I think you guys will win unless Carolina pulls off the same stunts as last week. Hope that Jon Casey still can't kick those FGs right... :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for my boys I think that we'll run Antwon Smith and Kevin Faulk ALOT cus their defense is banged up a bit and Priest Holmes had a field day last week on them. I just hope that our defense can hold off Harrison and James. I gotta admit, I'm a bit nervous about it cus we've had close calls this year but hey, it'll be a hell of a weekend one way or the other...

:tup:

Hope that Jon Casey still can't kick those FGs right...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed :lol: :lol: :lol:

True, but THEY PLAY IN A DOME

:lol: :lol: You've got a point there!...

I gotta admit, I'm a bit nervous

I'm with you here... Just wait for Sunday before you start bitting on those nails!...:lol: :lol:

My philosophy with the Eagles this season was: There gonna loose!... I was always prepared for the worst, thinking if they win, it's just gonna be a pleasant surprise!... :lol: :lol: So far it was... They let me down two consecutive years (lost the Conference Championships game), so I don't think we Philadelphians want to get our hopes high, just to get heartbroken again...

And you think you Phillies have been let down by your teams? How about the Red Sox!!!!! :huh: Oh, and didn't we beat you guys twice this year as well...One was a complete blowout in preseason I believe...;) People here are going completely nuts about the game on Sundee. Tickets are impossible to get. There's even a rock station in Boston that's having a competition of who can sit out on the ice-covered sidewalk without pants on for the longest. Last one left gets the tickets...crazy thing is that there's gonna be like 400 people turning out... :lol: :lol: :lol: If they were Greeks they'd be called gavroi... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If they were Greeks they'd be called gavroi...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and didn't we beat you guys twice this year as well.

Just once... Week 2... But big time! You kicked our butt 31-10 !... Then we started going uphill.... Maybe we meet again!... ?????

I could've sworn we beat you guys on the last week of preseason...oh well...school's closed today because of the cold :D but we're getting a heat wave this weekend for the game. It's gonna get to the low 20s!! Windchill will make it worse and they're talking about major gusts of wind so the kicking game will defo be affected...

I could've sworn we beat you guys on the last week of preseason...

You said 'Preseason'... I missed that the first time around... Yes, we did meet during week 3 of preseason, and you did beat us then too... 24-12.

You were right, sorry I missed it...

Yea, we had a hell of a game yesterday didn't we... :tup: Nobody gave us a chance but we sacked him, safetied him, and ITed him 4 Xs!!! :D Unfortunately the Eagles crapped out again and I'm disappointed to see a PATS/CATS SuperBowl and not your guys there...but hey, whatever...FORZA NEW ENGLAND! :D

Poor Lazare, I'm gonna rip on you again here:

1) What do you call 47 men sitting around watching the Superbowl?

-The Philadelphia Eagles

2) How do you keep the Philadelphia Eagles out of your backyard?

-Put up goalposts

3) Why doesn't Oklahoma have a football team?

-Cus if they did then Philadelphia would want one too...

(here's the best one)

4) How are Billy Graham and the Philadelphia Eagles similar?

-They both can make 50,000 people stand up and yell "JESUS CHRIST!" :lol: :lol:

Sorry man, I just hadda do that to ya... ;)

A joke (in the spirit of the Superbowl)...

--------

A fellow had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl. As he sits down, a stranger comes down and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him. "No," he says, "the seat is empty."

"This is incredible," said the stranger. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sporting event in the world, and not use it?"

The fellow says, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we haven't been to together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else -- a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

The fellow shakes his head "No, they're all at the funeral."

----

:la:

OK. Here's another one...

-------

After Patriots football coach Bill Belichick dies and enters the Pearly Gates, God takes him on a tour. He shows Bill a little two-bedroom house with a faded Patriot's banner hanging from the front porch.

"This is your house, coach. Most people don't get their own houses up here," God says.

Coach Belichick looks at the house, then turns around and looks at the one sitting on top of the hill. It's a huge two-story mansion with white marble columns and little patios under all the windows. Philadelphia Eagles flags line both sides of the sidewalk and a huge Eagles banner hangs between the marble columns.

"Thanks for the house, God. But let me ask you a question. I get this little two-bedroom house with a faded banner and Andy Reid gets a mansion with new Philadelphia banners and flags flying all over the place. Why is that?"

God looks at him seriously for a moment. "That's not Andy's house," God says. "That's mine."

----------

And one more...

Q: Where do you go in Philadelphia in case of a tornado?

A: To the Linc - they never have a touchdown there!

Q: What do you call a Philadelphia Eagle with a Super Bowl ring?

A: A thief.

Q: Why was Andy Reid upset when the Philadelphia Eagles play book was stolen?

A: Because he hadn't finished coloring it.

Q: What's the difference between the Philadelphia Eagles and a dollar bill?

A: You can still get four quarters out of a dollar.

Q: How do the Philadelphia Eagles count to 10?

A: 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, 0-7, 0-8, 0-9, 0-10

Q: How many Philadelphia Eagles does it take to win a Super Bowl?

A: Nobody knows and we may never find out.

Q: What do Eagles fans call the Monday after the NFC Championship game?

A: Groundhog Day *

:lol: :lol:

* Reference to the movie Groundhog Day

:tup: Those were good too :D

So, any predictions? I'm gonna go 35-21 New England. The key is to neutralize Delhomme(did u know that he breeds horses :huh: ...must be a gavro) just like they did with Manning. Belichick's genius I'm sure will be able to do that. Then if they can hold off the running game he'll be forced to throw(which Manning was) and with our cornerbacks like Law and Harrison they stand absolutely no chance of coming out on top. Plus we're not gonna stop winning after 15 straight, I mean cummon, we win this game and we've got the 2nd longest winning streak in history :tup: FORZA LOS PATRIOTS!...We'll talk about the commercials tomorrow too :tup:

Congratulations Patriots!... A great game!... You stood up when it counted!....

You're the champions --- and very well deserved!....

We'll talk about the commercials tomorrow too

Not much to talk about there. Very mediocre, disappointing - didn't live up to the hype.

Hey, thanks a lot Lazare :tup: I went to the Patriots Parade yesterday and it was well worth missing school over. Roughly 2.5 million showed up :o and when you'd look over the crowd it looked like war. There were people for as far as you could see...all sorts of funny stuff happened too. There were people climbing the lampposts and swinging around them, hanging off of tree branches in the common, there were gangs of teens going around thumping people on the head with thunder sticks etc...basically stuff that happens in Greece without any deaths or flares...there weren't any porta-potties either so I'm sitting there for like 6 hours with my legs squeezed together in the freezing cold looking for a place to relieve myself :lol: :lol: :lol: ...but it was tons of fun and I'll definetely do it again if we win next year... :tup: As for the game itself, the first half I admit was a bore, but the second one, man was it a hell of a game...it's unfortunate that the crap at halftime had to overshadow the good sportsmanship, character, and discipline of both sides...Very memorable though...We Pats always make it interesting and I suppose that this was the most fitting fashion in which to cap the season off... ;)

Boys not that I follow NFL or anything (Im from Melbourne so I follow AFL), only thing I know is Remember the Titans, Quarterback and thats pretty much it, but how big did the incidents of the half time show at the Superbowl get...im talking Justin...Janet...one big nipple ring! lol

:box:

I mean if I saw it I wouldnt have been offended and I dun think anyone watching it in Aust complained!

Remember the Titans was a great movie :tup: This thing is huge here adoni. It's everywhere and people are making jokes about it on tv and everything.

Personally, I don't think any guy can be offended when seeing a woman's intimate anatomical regions, and I certainly wasn't, but I do believe that she should've done it somewhere else. There's a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds watching this thing and it's sending them a message which they're too young to know about. If they're gonna act dirty as teens, that's one thing and I can live with it, but it's not how wee little pips are supposed to be raised at that time in their life. That's all...It also kinda took away from the charcter that the two teams showed in the game as well. It was one of the best games in a while and this thing overshadowed it...whatever though

Archived