Phantis Forums

AEK - PAO

PAO_OR_DEATH

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood why coaches put someone in so late if they want to turn the game. It doesn't work (maybe very rarely). Such late subs are to keep a result, not turn the game when you're trailing! :unsure:

Congrats to AEK, even though they didn't show anything special, but they had more chances, even without the penalty, so what that PAO had a little more control of the game? Nothing produced, nothing!

I know this is only the 1st game of the long season(and if we keep playing like this it will be dreadfully long) but I take back all the confidence that I had in this team even against Anorthosis. PAO has to prove that they are for real before I have confidence in them again.

I never understood why coaches put someone in so late if they want to turn the game. It doesn't work (maybe very rarely). Such late subs are to keep a result, not turn the game when you're trailing! :unsure:

Congrats to AEK, even though they didn't show anything special, but they had more chances, even without the penalty, so what that PAO had a little more control of the game? Nothing produced, nothing!

pure disgrace!

It was a joke about Murninio...

sorry bout that. its just that i feel like i had my teeth pullled for 90 mins is all.

crap game. crap officiating. crap pao. crap aek. crap commentators.

2-1, Karagkounis finally had a decent free kick (not that he meant to score, but found Simao alone so well placed)

AEK have some good players like Scoco and Edinho. Other than those individual highlights nothing of interest to show for them.

PAO started new system, which didnt do anything. These CB's are complelty useless for big matches. A full LEVEL below the rest of the team. We need TWO good CBs - not 1. TWO. Vyntra and Sariegui are barely suitable to be backups. Bring Gkoumas back in there. Way more stable.

Reality Check for the management, who is showing more arrogance than serious busines. A lot of focus on comments, being in the media and TV and not on the job to do.

Transfer Season = FAILURE

Not meeting your transfer goals, is a failure - isnt it?

4 months, and nothing to show for in the CB? You keep Tziggers useless old setup while the strong part of the team is stregnthened again?

We should have all our first team signings by AUGUST 1ST I HAVE SAID IT OVER AND OVER - EARLIER THE BETTER - enough excuses! Im sorry, lost a ton of respect for the management over this stupid arrogance and tsigkounies over the whole CB situation, and when its amplified and shown like it is that we lack big time, it only makes it worse.

Absolutely abysmal! Mourinho was smiling at the end and I can see why.

Play like that throughout the season and PAO will finish 3rd in the league and bottom of the CL group!!

Where's the centre-back??? Cleyton also needs to come into the team and Xristodoulopoulos needs to start featuring. Very disappointing show.

yes Mourinho knows. End the game in the first 30 mins - all you have to do is put 2 forwards in there and thats good bye, way too much to handle.

I do have faith our midfield can hold it respectable though. Those CB's vs Zlatan and Cruz its good night.

IMO our best hope is to put Gkoumas as the 3rd CB, and let his leadership/experience hopefully elevate the crap level of Sareigui and Vyntra - while the 4 mids battle it out for most of the game.

Lousy performance but this still should have been a 1-1 game; there was absolutely NO FOUL for that penalty. Its the 1st day of the season but I have to admit Iam a little alarmed by the way the team played today. Why didn't he start Ivan?? In a game like this? Where was Cleyton? And who the hell is MOON? Why the F**K was he playing in this derby?

yes Mourinho knows. End the game in the first 30 mins - all you have to do is put 2 forwards in there and thats good bye, way too much to handle.

I do have faith our midfield can hold it respectable though. Those CB's vs Zlatan and Cruz its good night.

IMO our best hope is to put Gkoumas as the 3rd CB, and let his leadership/experience hopefully elevate the crap level of Sareigui and Vyntra - while the 4 mids battle it out for most of the game.

The midfield created nothing! The squad simply isn't good enough. You guys can say what you want about Gilberto, I don't care. I live in England and watch the Premiership every week. He isn't that good. In reality, there were no major signings by PAO. Cleyton is player that can make the difference in any given game, and he doesn't appear to be ready yet. Xristo is a player of potential, Souza is a big lump and got owned today. And there were people here saying no to Heskey! lol. I wish Heskey signed at PAO. The right moves weren't made over the summer, and this game proved it.

@ Steve: You still think it's an easy CL group?

if the two CB's from aek were swapped with our two CB's than i guarantee you it would of been completely different result

kyriagkos and that the swede (majastrovic or however u spell it) made a pretty good pairing

aek were very ordinary apart from edinho's goal and scoco's cross bar

we too were very ordinary

this was always gonna be a dangerous game and esp after aek got knocked out i hard a feeling that we would lose this game

as in aek's case were the loss to omonoia was a hidden gift maybe this is our gift

i think there were ALOT of ppl in this forum, in the team and in the management that were very confident on very lil basis....i felt this just before that 2nd leg of sparta game and after that game when we didnt show much either

drakos is right that we have neglected the defence COMPLETELY and is our achilles heel....i dun mind getting knocked out of CL but i just hope we dun get embarrased...on todays performance theres lil evidence to suggest otherwise

but it is one game....we cant write off the season on this game, nor can we write off the managements efforts (lets face it things have improved) which have laid the foundations for years to come to build a team for future, not just a quick fix for this season.

btw...the biggest shame was the poor showing we gave as a collective group for greek soccer to mourinho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was one of the worst derby's ive seen for a while

So, then Morinho will be "led on" to think that we normally play at this level. Which is fine for us if he gets the wrong impression. Peoples expectation for us in these forums should be a little higher; I will be extremely dissapointed if we get knocked into the uefa cup. We should do better than THAT, come on this is US we're talking about!

Well, I am in agreement with all the comments here.

Really you judge the team from the results and from the effort on the pitch, and not from the newspaper articles.

First off I should say that if I were an AEK fan I would not be too excited either. Their team was just as abysmal with three lines of defense and no real plan to move the ball anywhere on the field except to lob it forward and hope the opposing CBs will make a mistake.

Which makes this loss even more painful. At least AEK expected that they are not that good, they put their head down and with patience they won the game. PAO was riding a high horse in the media (like we do every summer) and once again we had a crash landing.

You can't buy a team overnight. It can take years. We started playing well last year and then for some reason we lost our grip of reality overnight (the fans first with "why is so and so not playing", and then management).

I want to be patient once again, but this rebuilding every summer is getting old.

As it turns out, this game was full of wrongs for PAO. Wrong players on the pitch, wrong attitude, wrong management, and wrong coaching.

I don't expect HTC to know about Greek derbies, but someone should have told him what they mean and what a defeat would do to fan and player morale.

I don't understand why Moon would play instead of Gabriel who they went out of their way to buy, and over Nilsson who is no powerhouse but he has been more reliable than any other RB in real games.

Also, I lost a little respect for his coaching seeing Gabriel as an AM. Yes Gabriel has served a couple nice crosses that resulted in scores this season, but this should not move him up in hierarchy over say, Christodoulopoulos or Ivanschitz for a position on the wing (Cleyton was out with cards btw). If he wanted to take a chance, he should have put Gabriel in RB where his position really is.

Salpigidis as an SS behind Sousa did not work at all. This is a position that requires the most skilled player on the pitch. Someone who can maneuver with the ball in the one place of the pitch with the most amount of traffic and bodies flying around. Salpi needs space. The position behind the CF, from what I've seen this season can be played only by Karagounis and Cleyton (maybe), and Ninis here and there (although his inexperience shows in such games).

I understood the trick of letting Sousa occupy the two heavy AEK CBs to allow the speedy Salpi to exploit them, but Donis dropped Pliatsikas back and he plugged this little trick with ease. It didn't help that Sousa was not really "occupying" the CBs.

It's too early to write Sousa off, but from the few games we saw so far, he is not it. He was takent to the cleaners today by the two huge AEK CBs. I thought Petropoulos did much better with the ball. Nothing great, but he looked more nimble and quick with the ball at his feet.

Gilberto and Simao I thought did well. AEK was never allowed beyond midfield with much room. The two goals came from boneheaded plays from our two CBs. If it weren't for those two mistakes (gifting the ball right outside the box and then failing to track a lone striker) AEK would not have scored. They only had one good chance all game long with the Scoko hitting the crossbar.

Our CB's were as bad as I never imagined. I knew Sariegi has one atrocious game every three good ones, and I hoped that management had noticed too. But they didin't. We all knew Vintra will make at least one horrible decision per game (that usually will cost the game) but somehow I was blinded by hope. Goumas is a much better CB. Endinio would not have been able to embarrass Goumas the way he embarrassed Sariegi today. In all his years, Goumas was never taken to the cleaners by an opposing CF (maybe only once by Iagouida, but he was a great CF).

Would we have lost today if a tandem of Goumas-Givet was back there? We'll never know. For now, all we know HTC is in love with Vintra-Sariegi. I get the feeling Simao might even be an improvement over Sariegi or Vintra at this poing. Heck, Henk tried everything, why not try to see if Melissis or Simao could cover the position. Or better yet, why doesn't he call Antoniou and demand a real Center Back.

Oh, and one more thing. Every year in this forum, come transfer time, I talk about the "height" of the team. We seem to have lost every single header out there. It was not really Sousa's fault that all the crosses that came in the box were really lobs, but I was hoping he could get to the end of some of these high balls.

We spend all this money buying players who can penetrate a defense with their dribbling skills and we keep them at home or the bench (Christodoulopoulos, Ivanschitz, Cleyton -ok he was not eligible-). We spent all this money signing Mattos and he has played two minutes so far.

It's sad that we didn't have much time to hope this season. We usually begin these kinds of posts around Novermber. I am worried what could happen if we don't beat Panthrakikos next sunday :whistle:

Sorry this got a little too long...

I don't expect HTC to know about Greek derbies, but someone should have told him what they mean and what a defeat would do to fan and player morale.

The Greek players that I'd like PAO to depend upon--Kara, Ninis, Goumas, Salpi--give their heart out and aren't influenced by a bad result in a derbie. The rest are foreigners! :LOL:

Seriously, even though I'm a bit upset, I'm not fuming as I would have been. Why?

Maybe I'm older and wiser. But, also because I do see a better job being done this season, so I'm patient. Better a bad result now, than later. Now there's time for corrections.

Bravo to Kolofardiakos with their great defenders in Vuntra and Seriegi :LOL:

Who the hell was Moon???  :LOL:  :LOL:

Perastika sas :P

yeah Avraam, Nikopolidis, Antza and Pantos are gonna big stars this season......

In the UEFA Cup.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Moon was actually pretty good. Kid is very fast and the RSA is excited for him as a prospect. I think hell get better too- he cared out there, and speed helped but really I dont know if he should have played today.

DUDE: I dont think you follow the team enough man. Gilberto makes a difference out there. Our holding mids are not the problem whatsoever. Theyre positions are unmatchable in the league, period.

We fielded a poor lineup and system today.

Lazaros dont know how to pass to others - hes injured too.

Clayton is sloppy. With Ivan, Karagkounis, Ninis, Salpiggidis face it the guys got stiff competition. :blink:

Rukavina is injured - dont forget about him either...Hell add pace and height when he returns.

Spyropoulos, was useless. Sorry but I dont see the big deal about this guy. Occasional solid performances but also a lot of nothing ones.

And yes DUDE the draw is still a good draw. Dont be so ridiculous man. Doesnt this only AMPLIFY thats it a good draw? We avoided the best teams in pot 2 and 4. Enough said.

Cyber - agree with everything about tactics - HTC really made wierd decisions. He is a bit arrogant, his downside. But Athinaios is right, long way to go. i

At least we have Galleti , Dudu , Diogo , and Leto that can make a difference :LOL:  :LOL:

Who is your teams stand out players after aeks game :whistle:

Your coach was on fire last night :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

your talking trash after we lost to AEK, away, with a small difference and fantom penalty. Afterall didnt AEK beat OSFP last year too? And Meanwhile, in Cyprus......

Leto can make a difference? Yeah...not against SKOPELITIS! :LOL:

Keep dreaming. You guys pull back to beat Asteras Tripolis and now all of a sudden your world beaters again :LOL:

Archived