Phantis Forums

Omonoia-Manchester City

Omonoia9

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know why but I have a feeling Omonoia will shock Europe again! A home win is vital and I think the situation is ripe for a shock. The Man City players are bound to underestimate a Cypriot team and with the greens being spurred on by a hostile crowd I can see an upset in this game. If Omonoia do want to qualify a win with a clean sheet is essential. Good luck.

I'm excited about this game. Robinho, SWP and Petrov will be extremely dangerous, but if Omonoia's midfield can press and shut down early we can cause them serious problems. Aloneftis and Okkas have to start imo and Christofi has to realise that this will be his opportunity to shine. This could be a cracking game.

Less than a couple of hours away and I'm really excited. Litex are drawing 1-1 with Villa at the moment and the English team just levelled with a lucky goal seconds after Litex should've doubled their lead. If Litex can can do that surely our boys can win too. Of course Man City are light years ahead, but there are various variables that might work in our favour. Man City won't be mentally prepared for a "war", they'll consider it an easy tie. Omonoia have to take advantage of that in front of a hostile home crowd. If the greens can keep a clean sheet tonight and win the game we'll have some hope.

GERA OMONOIA, PAME STOUS OMILOUS!!!!

UEFA.com preview: Omonia Using Underdog Example.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/n...sid=751114.html

AC Omonoia:

Georgallides, Ndikumana, Wenzel, Aguirre, Kaseke, Duro, Okkas, Charalambous, Aloneftis, Christofi.

unused subs: Asprogenis, Alabi, Maris, Niculescu, Bangura, Clayton, Cafu.

City:

Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Garrido, Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Kompany, Elano, Robinho, Jo

unused subs: Schmeichel, Ball, Ben-Haim, Hamann, Fernandes, Evans, Sturridge.

Omonoia are doing well but lapses in concentration have nearly resulted in City scoring, and more often than not it's Haralambous that's responsible with his m*****es!! Other than that Omonoia are playing some good counter attacking stuff. Christofi needs to calm down though, he's getting abit over excited and rushing. He's shown some lovely skill though. If I was manager I'd ask for more of the same... defend solidly, press Robinho, and hit on the counter quickly. One thing I would say though is SHOOT! At times Omonoia have had the ball on the edge of the box and they're trying to walk it in. Shoot gamoto!!! Priority is to keep a clean sheet but getting a win in front of this crowd is essential if we realistically want to see a Cyp team in the group stages.

GERA OMONOIA!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, how bad is the ref, and in particular the linesman!!! :tdown: 3 times they've incorrectly pulled back a goal scoring opportunity for the greens and once they almost scored when Jo was offide but was allowed to continue.

Archived