Phantis Forums

More Free Greek TV!

Hi all,

I'd like to share with everyone another website with free Greek TV (and soon radio) from Greece, www.media.net.gr. Clicking on the Live TV link, one has a choice of numerous streams for most major Greek stations, many regional and local stations, online-only stations and on-demand programming. None of the streams are actually hosted by media.net.gr, but they are made available as a collection of all the live Greek TV out there.

Links to all of the other services that provide Greek TV are also made available, including the one posted by thrilossalonica!

A special thanks to Genome for also including the link in his list of live TV streaming sites!

Thanks. All of the links should work at most times, but especially with the major channels, it all depends on how many people are tuned in. It's not uncommon for those streams to be unavailable or for the picture to be choppy during peak hours, and unfortunately it's beyond my control. However, if any stream just never seems to work, give me a heads up and I'll investigate it. Happy viewing!

Hey PurelyAcademic,

Are you the owner the media.net.gr website or involved in running the site? Its a great site but has been down for quite a while- when do you plan on updating the TV section?? I have been waiting for a long time for the website to be updated, I hope it will be soon.

:gr:

Hi HellasHab,

Yes, I'm the owner of the site. Unfortunately, for quite a while I was just far too busy to really make many updates to the site, so it lay more or less dormant for a while. I've been working on getting it back up now, and since demand for live TV from Greece is so high, that was one of the first priorities in the revamped site. I also have radio station listings from the entire country, and I have set up an RSS feed which collects Greek media news (and to which you can also subscribe via RSS) which I think is the first of its kind on Greek websites. but have not been able to add up-to-date links to live streams yet except from Athens and Thessaloniki. Those are the next update.

Information on TV from Greece (other than the live TV, which is already up and running) is next to be updated along with the live radio streams.

I have some other updates and changes planned but I'll keep those a surprise for now! Since the website is a solo project, it all depends on how much time I have to dedicate to it, so I can't promise that new additions will be immediate, but everything that is on the site now will continue to be updated regularly.

PurelyAcademic,

I have being visiting yore website for many many years is one of my favorite sides for Radio stations.

My favorite Radio station was Radio PALAMA from Larisa , Media .net was the only side to have a ling to that Radio station

Radio PALAMA is now PALACE FM

File keep up the good work,

DKSat

Hi DkSat,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm working on getting the live radio listings totally updated on media.net.gr with hundreds of live stations from Greece and Cyprus, and more listings than any other website. Radio Palama (now Radio Palace) was one of the first stations in Greece to broadcast live on the internet back in 1997 or 1998!

I also wanted to let everyone here know, if they have been trying to visit my site in the past few hours, that it is down. I'm not sure what the problem is but I've contacted the hosting company, and hopefully it will be back online shortly.

Edit: The site is now back online!

Archived