Phantis Forums

Katerina Thanou is out!

Irlandos

I don't know whether a situation like this should drag until the Olympics have started. It's BS.

On the other hand, Thanou isn't clean. Disappearing before a dopping test in Athens 2004 shows guilt. She has damaged the sport & Greece. But the IOC is full of crap, as usual.

So, can Greece sub another runner? Or, is it too late? It shouldn't be if the IOC just decided...

Ela pathyia the track and field is no longer a watchable sport.

A third of the medal winners will get caught eventually and the other two thirds are lucky they don't get caught.

Look at Thanou's motorcycling buddy Kenteris -- yes he is a piece of crap cheater, but he is no different than anyone else he was to run against in Athens. The bronze winner Gatlin has been caught for banned substances and the gold winner Gatlin has had all his training partners and former coaches rung up on charges. Ben Johnson, Linford Christie, Carl Lewis (3 failed tests covered up) Tim Montgomery.........

As for Thanou, well she is no worse than Marion Jones, Flo Jo (seriously now), tons of Eastern Europeans and the 100+ US athlete that had failed test results covered up by the USOC.

Loup makes great points. That's why I personally don't get too wrapped up about these things.

It's a big business above all now. Not so long ago, it was politics above all with the different block trying to prove their superiority. Whatever.

A third of the medal winners will get caught eventually and the other two thirds are lucky they don't get caught.

Best discription of track I've ever herd.

Dispite all the crap i like the sport. Its too bad they all cheat. No one earned the gold fairly in 30 years. Its unfair to those who get caught. Imo the IOC shoud just give up. Everyone is using steroids. They should just say ok, go do what you gotta do. The human who can get from one end of the track to the other the fastest wins. You can do whatever you want.

does it really feel good to win an olympic medal knowing you cheated? i mean for real..

She was a cheat. No thanks.

Why on earth did we hear NOW weather or not she could come, and not a year ago?

is stupid.

If your doped, stay home. Id rather this was not in the news, so we dont have to be reminded of what disgrace they were to the country last Olympics.

pax -- you are right it is a wicked sport and some of my favourite sport memories come from it -- Ben Johnson in '88, Kenteris, Patilidou, Canada's 4x100 team, honestly. But of course many of these experiences were tainted.

This time around I hope to see the Chinese kid win the hurdles, Wariner win the 400 and the nastiest chick win the shot put :LOL:

• 8 years later...