Phantis Forums

2008 Beijing Olympics

drakos13

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful start for us overall so far, but we tend to be slow starters in the Olympics for whatever reason. Even in Athens, I recall that the medals were slow to come at first, so I would not panic yet! Looking at the standings, there's many other countries that have not shown up at all yet, so we do have some company in the medal-less department.

Not to toot my own horn, by the way, but my very own website (which is also in my signature) features live streams of Greek TV channels and Olympics coverage... www.media.net.gr. Feel free to take a look! :)

drakos thanks for the work

The official IOC site is absolutely brutal, and I find it tough to follow Greek athletes

The Greek Canadian sprinter Macrozanaris will not be running in either the 100m or the 4X100 this time around due to injury

Qualifiers in the women's triple jump:

Yargelis Savigne (Cub),

Victoria Gurova (Rus),

Olga Rypakova (Kaz),

Anna Pyatykh (Rus),

Marija Sestak (Slo),

Hrysopiyi Devetzi (Gre), :gr:

Tatyana Lebedeva (Rus)

Francoise Mbango Etone (Cam),

Olga Saladukha (Ukr),

Xie Limei (Chn),

Kaire Leibak (Est),

Tricia-Kaye Smith (Jam)

and iakovakis qualifies for semis in the 400m hurdles

---

who will get their first medal

Grecce or Canada or neither

he was really good....he had a very hard group...and qualified comfortably.

Looks like we could get some medals in real events though.....not 50kg womens 40m air pistol and other stupid garabage "sports"

Edited by drakos13

Guest TheLegend

and iakovakis qualifies for semis in the 400m hurdles

---

who will get their first medal

Grecce or Canada or neither

he was really good....he had a very hard group...and qualified comfortably.

Looks like we could get some medals in real events though.....not 50kg womens 40m air pistol and other stupid garabage "sports"

i agree with getting medals in track and feild and stuff like that but hasnt china won alot of medals on these "bullshit" sports too?

Also how the hel can u go from 13 medals to 0. Surely these medalists (best in the world at that sport hence the medal) could not have goten that much worse...

Guest TheLegend

NBColympics.com also has free high quality legitimate streams of severla sports live an recorded u get to choose from a menu..It was really good when i used it but im in greece stuck with shity greek dialup so i cant really use it

NBColympics.com also has free high quality legitimate streams of severla sports live an recorded u get to choose from a menu..It was really good when i used it but im in greece stuck with shity greek dialup so i cant really use it

you cant use it anyways. NBC only offers it availble in the USA. Wont work here, tried.

www.eurovisionsports.tv

needs IE, adobe flash player. all free and compleltey legal streams no commenatry. Dial Up wont help you get anything, but if your desperate.

Works in Greece. If not, go buy a cheap TV for the summer NET and ET1 got all you want to see...

Edited by drakos13

Bad Olympics so far for Greece indeed, but again, there's still time to pull out a few medals. I wouldn't venture to say that these are the worst Olympics of all time for us, at least not yet. It wasn't that long ago where getting ONE medal, even bronze, was a huge success for Greece. Looking at some historical medal counts:

1992: 2 golds

1988: 1 bronze

1984: 1 silver, 1 bronze

1980 (boycotted by the US and many others): 1 gold, 2 bronze

1976: none!

1972: 2 silver

1968: 1 bronze

1964: none

1960: 1 gold

...and so on

I'm still optimistic we can come away with a few medals, though not as many as in 2000 or 2004, which was to be expected....just consider that most of our weightlifting team was disqualified before the games even started...they've been the source of several medals since 1996, even one of our two in 1992.

As an aside, I think several countries will see dropoffs in their medal count, with China's meteoric rise this year.

you cant use it anyways. NBC only offers it availble in the USA. Wont work here, tried.

www.eurovisionsports.tv

needs IE, adobe flash player. all free and compleltey legal streams no commenatry. Dial Up wont help you get anything, but if your desperate.

Works in Greece. If not, go buy a cheap TV for the summer NET and ET1 got all you want to see...

Hi Drakos,

Which links were you trying to use on my site which were not working? There's at least 40 or 50 stations there so I doubt every single one wasn't working, though I would not be surprised if NET-ET1-MEGA-ANT1-ALPHA etc. were all not accessible. The links are not broken, however, those streams fill up to capacity at certain hours and are sometimes impossible to reach, while at other times, when those servers are close to capacity, the picture and/or audio breaks up. Best bet would be to try back later if that happens.

I've also placed links for live Olympic coverage, including the Eurovision.tv link and several others, including NET-ET1-ET3 if you can get through, at www.media.net.gr/livesports.htm (link is also at the top of the live TV page, www.media.net.gr/livetv.htm)

Hi Drakos,

Which links were you trying to use on my site which were not working? There's at least 40 or 50 stations there so I doubt every single one wasn't working, though I would not be surprised if NET-ET1-MEGA-ANT1-ALPHA etc. were all not accessible. The links are not broken, however, those streams fill up to capacity at certain hours and are sometimes impossible to reach, while at other times, when those servers are close to capacity, the picture and/or audio breaks up. Best bet would be to try back later if that happens.

I've also placed links for live Olympic coverage, including the Eurovision.tv link and several others, including NET-ET1-ET3 if you can get through, at www.media.net.gr/livesports.htm (link is also at the top of the live TV page, www.media.net.gr/livetv.htm)

i remember trying to access NET/ET1 and not working...the other channels i didnt try...

i tried them last week, but no offense really, i stumbled on a few sites like yours and they practically 100% of the time are missing working streams, so i just dont bother anymore.

IDK alot about streaming technology, but anything that fills up or lags I just dont want to deal with anymore (like it used to) so I find it best to find professional pay services or something mainstream like eurovisionsports.tv