Phantis Forums

PAOK's season

DUDE

Well the preparations just took an amazing upwards turn.

PAOK 3-1 Udinese.

What an amazing result!!

Was this just a flash in the pan and a friendly that can't be taken seriously or are we about to witness the rise of the dikefalo?

Exciting times ahead!

they looked horrible today... but they werent playing at home...

PAOK is the typical example of a team that NEEDS hoem field advantage... otherwise they are just plain ordinary....

Most teams are... there are 3 formulas for making a team a force away from home:

1) A very organised and strong defence = Chelsea, Portsmouth, almost all Italian teams, Bayern, and Liverpool are all teams who are/have been very good away from home because they are solid, don't give away many chances and take some of the few chances generated in a game.

2) A Super-attacking team = This is pretty much an exclusive realm of the world's elite attacking teams like Barcelona, Man Utd, Arsenal.

3) The fast counter-attacking team where you sit back, absorb pressure and every team you get the ball you hit fast, hard and in numbers = Roma are a good example of this style. Olympiakos also made a success of it in last season's CL.

When you master one of these that's when you become a force away from home. The easiest one to master with fairly limited resources is the first. Judging by Greek league standards, Aris have managed to do this. That's what mid-table teams like PAOK need to start working at to acheive success.

PAOK's goal this season is to finish in a UEFA spot. With all of the signing this year anything less will be disappointing.

By the way where have all of the PAOK supporters on this forum gone? This is starting to look like the ARIS section. Heck the ARIS section has had more activity lately.

PAOK will finish no higher then 5th

Hey let's just cancel the season and call it a day then, since we already know where PAOK will finish.

Given recent history PAO will finish 2nd or 3rd. There now we can cancel all of the games and skip to next year.

Hey let's just cancel the season and call it a day then, since we already know where PAOK will finish.

Given recent history PAO will finish 2nd or 3rd. There now we can cancel all of the games and skip to next year.

I am in no way disrespecting you or any of your fellow supporters. It is in my personal opinion that PAOK do not have what it takes to finish above oly pao and aek. Aris seem just as if not stronger this year. Again, its an opinion and THATS WHY THE SEASON IS PLAYED. you can predict anything you want about pao or oly or aek. dont take offence when i do it.

I am in no way disrespecting you or any of your fellow supporters. It is in my personal opinion that PAOK do not have what it takes to finish above oly pao and aek. Aris seem just as if not stronger this year. Again, its an opinion and THATS WHY THE SEASON IS PLAYED. you can predict anything you want about pao or oly or aek. dont take offence when i do it.
No offense taken, file. I just think that PAOK made better signings than a team like ARIS. PAOK's goal this year should be to finish 4th. In regards to my prediction of PAO finishing 2nd, I hope you guys do win the whole damn thing, but then again this is the Superleague, CHAMPINOSHIPS ARE NOT ALWAYS WON ON THE FIELD. Just ask AEK. ;)

No offense taken, file. I just think that PAOK made better signings than a team like ARIS. PAOK's goal this year should be to finish 4th. In regards to my prediction of PAO finishing 2nd, I hope you guys do win the whole damn thing, but then again this is the Superleague, CHAMPINOSHIPS ARE NOT ALWAYS WON ON THE FIELD. Just ask AEK. ;)
PAOK may have made better signings than Aris, but Aris were certainly better than PAOK last year, so PAOK the question is not whether PAOK have strengthened, but how much they've strengthened. Tottenham have made better signings than Man Utd over the summer... they won't be better though.

The point is, PAOK are making positive strides forward and 4th should be the target, but patience is also needed from the PAOK fans.

PAOK may have made better signings than Aris, but Aris were certainly better than PAOK last year, so PAOK the question is not whether PAOK have strengthened, but how much they've strengthened. Tottenham have made better signings than Man Utd over the summer... they won't be better though.

The point is, PAOK are making positive strides forward and 4th should be the target, but patience is also needed from the PAOK fans.

I agree with you, and the fact remains that everything must be proven on the field. When a team has a high rate of turnover, chemistry is always a concern, but I believe that our talent level has improved imensely from last year.

In regards to patience, as Paoktsides we have been patient even though idiots were running the team in the past, and will have to continue to be patient under the new management regime as they put their stamp in this important period for PAOK.

I truly believe PAOK is back on the right track, and have faith in what Zagorakis is doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you, and the fact remains that everything must be proven on the field. When a team has a high rate of turnover, chemistry is always a concern, but I believe that our talent level has improved imensely from last year.

In regards to patience, as Paoktsides we have been patient even though idiots were running the team in the past, and will have to continue to be patient under the new management regime as they put their stamp in this important period for PAOK.

I truly believe PAOK is back on the right track, and have faith in what Zagorakis is doing.

It is being proven on the field!!! Eides ti golara mpike simera?

We've already seen the goal of the season:

http://www.goal4replay.net/VideoWatchF.asp...?ID=16498&Ln=En

O Dikefalos tou Vorra epistrefi reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :P :gr:

^ Holy ree. Paok are looking solid. Imo they shouldnt have gotten rid of xristopoulos or whatever his name is ;)

Hes a good player. Hes development will be stuned at PAO.

I agree with you that the development of Christodoulopoulos will suffer at PAO, as it would have suffered if he came to Oly. Through past actions he made it clear to management that he did not want to be part of this team. Good luck to him for the rest of his career, he will need it with the quality od players on PAO.

It is being proven on the field!!! Eides ti golara mpike simera?

We've already seen the goal of the season:

http://www.goal4replay.net/VideoWatchF.asp...?ID=16498&Ln=En

O Dikefalos tou Vorra epistrefi reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :P :gr:

Thank you for the compliment, but as a Paoktsi I have to disagree with you as the goal being the goal of the year so far. I though the goal the Xanthi player scored from the center line is the goal of the year so far and may the goal of the year when the season is finally over.

• 5 weeks later...

Only Paok fans are going to get tickets for the big derby in 2 weeks(october 19) against Pao in Toumba.Paok management felt and are 100% correct that if Pao fans were getting tickets,it would made the club lose a lot of money because of the 3500 that Pao would get for gate 8 on one hand and also the empty space in gate 7 that the police requires for this kind of games.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...kos/215221.html

I know it's early and that we're only five games into the season, but we're number 2 in Greece at the moment! :tup:

Yes,and if you take under consideration the money problems,the lower budget and the fact that Paok is now getting rebuild in a way,this is a great achievement.

• 1 month later...

Just wrote in the Panionios forum that Paok are turining it around this year, and I dotn want to play them next week after there coming of a good game to Panionios. I personally think they have the potentinal to beat us if they paly good and we paly our usual.

Wow!... 9 games unbeaten an sitting pretty in 2nd spot... Who would've thought this would happen at the start of the season.. The big question is though, can we keep the good form up for the whole season ?

PAOK's season rests on the game with Oly imo. The PAOK players seem quietly confident that they can acheive great things this year, if they get a result at Oly I'll start to believe it myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived