Phantis Forums

Sokratis Papastathopoulos ‒ Betis Sevilla

plato-ny

He wasn't in the Dortmund team which drew 3-3 with Ingolstadt.

After 24' they were 2-0 down, from soft goals in the middle of the box, coming from set plays. Even their 3rd goal conceded, came from a cross and poor marking in the box. I was shocked to see how poor Dortmund defended without Soc in this match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been saying it for a while, Dortmund should have signed K Papadopoulos instead. They would have gotten a, when healthy, better CB for less money, that would play and develop alongside his countryman Sokratis. I think KPap would flourish and the duo would be dominant.  

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

I am not denying that he is injury prone and bigger clubs will opt for the sure investment, but Pap has a huge upside if he stays healthy. Yes, you will respond with ''IF'', but nevertheless, all I am saying is that the gamble can pay. 

Edited by Argy

3 hours ago, Argy said:

I am not denying that he is injury prone and bigger clubs will opt for the sure investment, but Pap has a huge upside if he stays healthy. Yes, you will respond with ''IF'', but nevertheless, all I am saying is that the gamble can pay. 

It hasn't paid off for a team in years. He needs to have a really good, injury-free season with a lower level club before he can start thinking of the better teams

• Like it 2

12 hours ago, pash said:

I like that they call him a STAR in that article, but I'm kind of left scratching my head over the speed comments. Sokratis is pretty quick, especially for a big dude.

It`s so refreshing to see him being called a star when it seems like media and foreign fans alike do everything in their power to under-appreciate our top players. 

• Like it 1

• Argy changed the title to Sokratis Papastathopoulos ‒ Arsenal F.C.
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Sokratis Papastathopoulos ‒ Betis Sevilla
  • Dutch Eagle pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Argy pinned this topic
  • Dutch Eagle unpinned this topic
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic
  • Dutch Eagle unlocked this topic