Phantis Forums

Champions League Qualification.

NikosVazelas

In about one hour, Pao's potential opponents are squaring off in the 1st leg of their qualification Tie.

Dinamo Tblisi vs NSI Runavik. The winner of this tie will face us July 30th at OAKA, which means, 14 days from now.

I dont think we will need Gilberto or Gabriel or whomever we sign as a forward for this round. Im quite confident that we can qualify from this round with an ALL greek squad even.

What im hoping for is an easy first leg win, say a 3-0 and that way, in the second leg, we could play our full squad and give them time to gel together.

Up until now, with the signings we have made (or havent made) its pretty interesting trying to name a startin 11 for the first leg.

i however see the following.

--------------------Galinovic------------------------

Nilsson----Goumas-----Sariegi--------Spyropoulos

-------------Mattos----------Tziolis-----------------

Karagounis-----------------------------Ivanshcitz

--------Salpi------------------Mantzios----------

Cleyton,Christodoulopoulos and Simao are also possible first team possibilities with Christodoulopoulos havign a slight edge in place of mantzios.

either way, i see a 3-0 win in the first leg with a 2-1 or 3-1 in the return leg.

well i seriously hope that wont be our lineup.....

It should be a 4-2-3-1 anyways, in which case either Rukavina or Mantzios will be up front... Ivan, Clayon, Karagkounis, Gilberto, Mattos, in the middle and likely Nilsson/Gabriel, Sarieggui, Vyntra, and Spyropoulos in the back......

• 3 weeks later...

Its a great draw.

We avoided the top teams in the unseeded, and we even avoided Slavia as opposed to Sparta who is the #2 Czech team.

I dont think it will be so easy, but we should win it, were capable of it, provided we dont get sloppy..

i excpect a FULL OAKA! :tup:

Nah, what "brother teams" are you talking about? Teams try to win and their players to impress when they play bigger clubs.

Or, are you talking about our ..brother OFI?!!! Oh, this kind of brotherhood :P :LOL:

On a serious note, I hope Anorthosis plays gavroi like they played Viena ;)

i thought red star belgrade and gavroi were friends and so i assumed there could be some sort of "enosis" between greek and cypriot clubs , maybe i was just high....

Just because the fans are friends and we played a friendly during Nato bombings in Former Yugoslavia,does not make us brothers in the same group as PAO-OFI brotherly love.... :LOL:...with so much money involved in the CL,nobody has brothers or sisters...... :D

Archived