Phantis Forums

Panthrakikos sign Yilmaz!

GS1905

Nice seeing a newly-promoted team strengthening itself like that!

Btw, the population of its base city - Komotini/Gumulcine - is mixed (Christian and Muslim). It will be nice to have a football team becoming a unifying factor for everyone! :)

i dont know what to think....

Its easy to confuse some of the Turkish players, I thought at first it was the Yilmaz from Trabzon.....that would be mega signing....

i dont know Okan Yilmaz, i looked him up it says he had a few caps for Turkey and played for Bursa, then since 2005 played fore Malatya, Konya, Sakarya, Diyarbakir, and Orduspor.... :blink: Sounds like a jersey collector :LOL:

i guess it could be a good signing?

At least Komotini and Xanthi are nice towns, and very friendly to Turks, as each town has a Turkish quarter.

Looks like they are trying to use the location to lure Turkish talent in...

They are also after Serhat Akin

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/137500

• 2 weeks later...

2001-2002 Season he was the the top scorer of Turkish league he was better with 23 goals on 31 matches, then Kenet Anderson :tup: (Fenerbahce), Pascal Nouma :box: (Beşiktaş), Super :nw: Mario Jardel (Galatasaray). Also he was again top scorer on 2003-2004 season 24 goals on 34 matches. Marsilya-France signed with Okan Yılmaz but he made mistake of his life and canceled it turned to Bursaspor.

But last years he was far away from his old performance.(he couldnt take place for a while on Turkish Super League he played 1.Turkish League)Anyway if they didnt pay too much money, its a clever transfer because this guy has footballer soul but lost his self confidence and needs to start from ''zero''

Archived