Phantis Forums

Omonoia- FK Milano

Omonoia9

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response, folks. I'm in Cyprus(yes I'm still up) and I was at the GSP for this match(as I was for Anorthosi's match). I had a great time. Great crowd, better atmosphere than the Anorthosi match. Giorgallidis was a rock as always. I'm liking Zlogar a lot. This team's gonna get it together and play even better. in the meantime, we still have work to do when we play in FYROM. I will of course post the details.

AC Omonoia 2-0 FK Milano

Omonoia prevailed on a hot, humid night in Nicosia, with Milano's Liridon Kukaj scoring the first own goal of the 2008/09 UEFA Cup as he looped a header over his goalkeeper, Edin Nuredinovski, after 20 minutes. Recent arrivals Dimitris Christofi and Klodian Duro then set up a 64th-minute headed goal for fellow newcomer Anton Žlogar, with only Borce Manevski threatening at the other end.

'19 Omonoia- Kukaj(own goal

'64 Omonoia- Zlogar

Omonoia

30 Antonis Georgallides

21 Klodian Duro

22 Clayton

33 Elias Charalambous

77 Dimitris CHRISTOFI

16 Noel Kaseka

4 Timo Wenzel

6 Marcello Pletsch

5 Demetris Maris

8 Anton Žlogar

99 Cafú

Substitutes

1 Nikolas Asprogenis

9 Fransisco Aguirre

2 Oladimeji Rasheed Alabi

20 Mustapha Bangura

11 Kyriakos Pavlou

3 Hamad Ndikumana

7 Bernardo Lino Castro Paes Vasconcelos

Coach

Nedim Tutic

FK Milano

1 Edin Nuredinovski

18 Fisnik Gashi

21 Leonard Kukaj

17 Jovica Trajcev

23 Ivica Gligorovski

13 Saso Lazarevski

8 Borce Manevski

10 Orhan Isufi

20 Armend Alimi

4 Sasko Ristov

16 Goran Gancev

Substitutes

12 Petar Basnarkov

15 Brando Erdogan

22 Mensur Limani

9 Blagoja Gesoski

11 Ersan Sali

6 Ardian Cuculi

5 Burhan Aliji

Coach

Bilbil Sokoli

Referee

Antonio Rubinos Perez (ESP)

Assistant referee

Jesús Calvo Guadamuro (ESP) Marcos Alvarez Moreno (ESP)

Fourth official

Carlos Clos Gomez (ESP)

UEFA Delegate

Janis Mežeckis (LVA)

UEFA Referee observer

William Attley (IRL)

I couldn't get on the team's website, this is from uefa.com

Sorry for the delayed response, folks. I'm in Cyprus(yes I'm still up) and I was at the GSP for this match(as I was for Anorthosi's match). I had a great time. Great crowd, better atmosphere than the Anorthosi match. Giorgallidis was a rock as always. I'm liking Zlogar a lot. This team's gonna get it together and play even better. in the meantime, we still have work to do when we play in FYROM. I will of course post the details.

Were there any probs with the fans? Did any idiots decide to hold up Turkish or FYROMian flags?

Omonia will only get stronger and stronger, they've spent soooo much this year. I'm quietly confident they can make the group stages which will be an amazing acheivement. Okkas is also expected to sign, so with him and Aloneftis leading the line Omonia can acheive great things in Europe by Cypriot standards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived