1. 1. Who will go through?

• Germany in regulation time
    • Germany in et/pen
    • Turkey in regulation time
    • Turkey in et/pen
    • Turkey will forfeit for not having enough men on the pitch

select one.. :whistle: anything can happen with this Turkish NT.. :LOL:

Scenario 1 - GERMANY-TURKEY: 5-0

(Domination scenario with Turkey getting one or two red cards)

Scenario 2 - GERMANY-TURKEY: 0-0

(Turkey defending heroically and the match going to OT.. anything can happen there)

Scenario 3 - GERMANY-TURKEY: 1-2

(Germany leads for a good period then Turkey levels the scores on 87' and wins it on stoppages)

Scenario 4 - GERMANY-TURKEY: 2-0

(Germans play with Turkish players like a cat playing with a mouse but don't score too many -see: GER v POL, opening game)

as they say in Turkish Sunday markets: "Sec, begen, al!" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

select one.. :whistle: anything can happen with this Turkish NT.. :LOL:

Scenario 1 - GERMANY-TURKEY: 5-0

(Domination scenario with Turkey getting one or two red cards)

Scenario 2 - GERMANY-TURKEY: 0-0

(Turkey defending heroically and the match going to OT.. anything can happen there)

Scenario 3 - GERMANY-TURKEY: 1-2

(Germany leads for a good period then Turkey levels the scores on 87' and wins it on stoppages)

Scenario 4 - GERMANY-TURKEY: 2-0

(Germans play with Turkish players like a cat playing with a mouse but don't score too many -see: GER v POL, opening game)

as they say in Turkish Sunday markets: "Sec, begen, al!" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I see 3 possible scenarios...

1) Turkey shock the world by winning a nervy game 2-1... in which case Turkey will go on to win the whole thing imo.

2) Germany win by 3+ goals and embarass an injury depleted Turkey team.

3) Germany take an early 2-0 lead and so they take their foot off the gas and cruise to a 2-0 win.

20 mins away and I'm excited to see some football... I've been suffering from withdrawal symptoms since the last quarter final! This should be a great game. C'mon Germany!

wrong country cheered.. :P

HAYDI TURKIYE!!! :D

Great game by the decimated Turkish NT!

Germany did not look like the better team out there and Turkey missed many chances to make some more goals, something you can't say for Germany. The last ten minutes were amazing with Turkey looking like they could pull another upset at the end when they equalized with four minutes to go.

Turkey left the competition but they have given us some exciting games :tup:

Germany were just denied a clear penalty for a shocking challenge on Lahm.

Busacca needs to be confronted on this, he has been a terrible referee anywyas. Thats easily the worst Non-call of the tournament. I could only laugh when they played on....Turkey dodged a major bullet there...that was also a clear yellow card. But Lahm didnt let that stop him, he had a good game.

Germany came out much better 2nd half of what i could actually see.

Germany maybe had a bit of luck with Rustu, but to come back from the Turkish shellshock of a late goal was very good character from them.

Congrats Germany, Congrats Turkey who made it so well. I guess the Cup will be leaving the Aegean afterall...See you in 2010, Turks :)

What must be said here is that Germany were AWFUL! One can only wonder what would have happened if Arda, Nihat and Tuncay were fit! :tdown:

Either Russia or Spain will take this sorry lot to the cleaners!

Btw, did anyone see the German second goal? I heard Rustu pulled another Nikopolidya! :P

Btw, did anyone see the German second goal? I heard Rustu pulled another Nikopolidya! :P

wohooww!! crazy!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm just sad we couldn't go all the way but other than I'm proud of the boyz!!

TEŞEKKURLER !!!

What must be said here is that Germany were AWFUL! One can only wonder what would have happened if Arda, Nihat and Tuncay were fit! :tdown:

Either Russia or Spain will take this sorry lot to the cleaners!

If Turkey had a better GK they would have won.

Rustu is worse than Nikopolidis in my opinion. He is just plain horrible.

Really tough for Turkey. They deserved much better than what they got.

Well done to Turkey for putting up a fight and showing great spirit, but how on earth did these 2 teams make the semi final?

Let's analyse the journey of these 2 shall we...

Germany: Finished 2nd in a very weak qualifying group to get to euro2008 behind an average Czech team. Once they got here they were in the weakest group of the tournament and how did they fair? They were pretty solid against Poland, the weakest team in the tournament. They were beaten by Croatia and were pressured by a very mediocre Austrian team. In the quarter finals they beat a team that can't defend set-pieces to save their collective lives. And tonight they were dominated by Turkey's 2nd team. How on earth did this s%$#! team get to the final??

Turkey: Finished 2nd in qualifying as we all know, then drawn in a tricky group (not strong though). Portugal scored 2, had 1 disallowed, hit the cross bar twice and the post once, i.e. the game could quite easily have finished 6-0. In the next game Turkey played an average Swiss team in what was an even game and Arda scored a 90th min deflected winner. In the following game the Czechs dominated for 75 mins before Cech made his first blunder by failing to keep out an initial shot which resulted in a goal. Then came a mistake that Cech may never make again in his career. The Croatia game saw them hit the bar and miss an open goal before scoring 1 min from the end. Senturk scored a great equalizer, and the Turks made it through the lottery that is the penalty shoot out.

The point is Turkey had an awful lot of luck. Yes they showed heart but they were definately not a team worthy of a semi-final spot.

This tournament generally has been entertaining in the sense that we've seen alot of goals but it's the weakest major tournament I've ever seen. Consider the other teams:

Switzerland: Average. They pass well but can't score or penetrate teams.

Czech Rep: Good defence, but apart from Sionko they have nothing going forward.

Portugal: Great passers, wonderful dribblers, but a disgraceful defence, weak keeper and no frontline.

Germany: The worst German team in my life time. The defence is disorganised and can't handle movement, while the midfield lacks imagination. The frontline is good but not lethal.

Austria: Rubbish! Nothing else to say.

Croatia: A good team. Very solid and keep possession well and have some fantastic players like Corluka & Modric. But they are not spectacular. The fact that this team is one of the strongest in the competition shows how much weaker this tournament is compared to others.

Poland: Smolarek is good. Can't think of anything else positive to say. They can't attack, can't defend, can't pass. They're terrible.

Italy: The worst Italian team of my lifetime. An Italian team that can't defend! What is the world coming to? They lack imagination, are aging and slow and have no width.

France: The worst French team of my lifetime. Would someone care to tell me what the strengths of this team are? With Ribery they are poor, without him they should be banned from stepping onto the pitch!

Romania: No imagination, nothing going forward and no guts. Terrible.

Sweden: I can't remember who it was, but someone here referred to Sweden as a great team. All I can say is "watch more football son". They are unadventurous, have no pace and rely on Ibrahimovic for everything.

Spain: The only fantastic team in the competition. If they don't win this tournament it will be a travesty.

Russia: Phenomenal going forward, a joke at the back. Full of fantastic players and the Spain-Russia semi-final should have been the final.

Greece: I hope the Greeks are watching the games to realise what they could have acheived, because, with all due respect, if Turkey can make the semis then Greece certainly could have. But, this team can't attack, they have no width, can't keep the ball, & lack imagination.

What a s%$#! tournament full of technically inept teams filled with weaknesses.

This tournament generally has been entertaining in the sense that we've seen alot of goals but it's the weakest major tournament I've ever seen

Man.. what have you been watching?? This competition overall when you look at the quality of football played was way better than EURO 2004.. At least we had an attacking Dutch team in the first place!! Seriously!!! :blink:

Germany: The worst German team in my life time.

You didn't see Germany EURO 2000 or 2004 then.. :LOL:

Russia: Phenomenal going forward, a joke at the back.

Joke at the back!! I think there were 2 teams that were jokes at the back in this tournmanet and I don't want to give any names.. :P

Poland: Smolarek is good. Can't think of anything else positive to say.

The best GK in the competition by miles!! Hail Boruc!! :nw:

The point is Turkey had an awful lot of luck. Yes they showed heart but they were definately not a team worthy of a semi-final spot.

Whoaa!! Man.. Stay there!! <_< Three comebacks in a tournament.. Not deserving the semi-final?? :huh: Who deserved it? Sweden with their +35 aged squad?? Greece with the best (!) football of the competition?? We were lucky at some stage but you do create your own luck sometimes and it was the case..

Archived