Phantis Forums

PAO's New Coach: Ten Kate

NYPAO13

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bajevic is renowned for something is for taking as much as possible from mediocre players and working well with youngsters. From a squad point of view, PAO is Bajevic material right now. However, he is not the manager for the "new era" everyone has been talking about. At least not in my mind.

http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=65408

forget it now....we get rid of peseiro, no bayevic by looks of things

its pissed me off buts whats worse is what he says in that interview is absolutely correct

tzigger prolly should of spoken to him first before dousan

now what...were gonna get some f*kn reject YET AGAIN and prolly be in the same position we are this time next yr

ta idia s****....

If Bajevic is renowned for something is for taking as much as possible from mediocre players and working well with youngsters. From a squad point of view, PAO is Bajevic material right now. However, he is not the manager for the "new era" everyone has been talking about. At least not in my mind.

Really? I was under the impression he liked the more experienced players, when he was at Olympiakos. If I'm not mistaken, he liked Gogic for example but never gave Castillo a chance.

Guys, come on: Dusko signed all the promising young players back then (Giannakopoulos, Djole, Dabizas, Ele, KMelachrinosalis, Geo etc) and created a great squad in his first season at OSFP. Then more players were added but the main squad was very young on average. What has been happening at OSFP in the last few years says nothing about Bajevic who has traditionally been fond of young low-profile players rather than "stars" like Giovanni, Zahovic etc. Not that this is the point of course. Hopefully we won't hire Bayevic.

i remember when bajevic was at oly, he had a young giannakopoulos and he helped become who he is.

i remember one game, i think it was against giannena or prodeftiki, giannakopoulos tried to do a `takounaki` pass in the9th minute and bajevic subbed him in the 22nd because of that.

My impression is that young players learn how to become complete players under Bajevic. Jokers get lost quickly.

Honestly, I'd rather have someone else. I don't have the stomach for another prolonged saga to break his current contract since Aris is prepared to play hardball.

I think he would do well, but there are many other good coaches out there. If the team is prepared to pay big money, and to buy the players the new coach wants, I think we could land someone good from abroad.

The only almost-sure thing now was that Peseiro would have improved the team next year. Since he is gone, we are entering uncertainty once again.

Nothing says if Bajevic comes he will be left alone to work and nothing guarantees he can succeed.

My best guess right now: Bajevic stays at Aris and gets fired before November. Panathinaikos gets a no-name coach who will be fired by February after Bajevic has signed somewhere else, so we'll have this conversation again.

Honestly, I'm relieved that Bajevic isn't coming to PAO. I agree, we should start a fight with Aris on this, and secondly it's not a good start having a new coach that's already has high negatives. I'm sure that fans would boo him if not right away soon after the first few games. This is not what I'd like to see with a new coach.

On the other hand, I don't have any hopes that we'll get someone good to last for a few years..... Even by chance--changing 179 coaches in the last 5 years--we should have gotten at least 1 good one... but, it seems Tzigger is a "gademis"... :LOL:

PS>I moved the posts about a new coach to a new thread from the Pesseiro topic--which is exhausted now.

The only almost-sure thing now was that Peseiro would have improved the team next year. Since he is gone, we are entering uncertainty once again.

This is the greatest point anyone has made, & this is what we need to STOP DOING.. RENTING COACHES.

Personally i dont want Bagevits here. Are there no other options?? I still would of preferred Pes, but moving on :(

How bout someone like Sollied who wasnt given half a chance a oly?

I do not blame Dusco at all. He already has been called a traitor and he is doing the honorable thing.

This would have turned ugly, since Skordas was so pissed off about the whole thing. Aris fans would hate him, and his credibility would suffer.

By honoring his full contract, he is staying out of controversy without closing the door on PAO... ;)

Read how careful and diplomatic he is being, in the press release.

Good for him.

http://www.sportnet.gr/

One thing for sure, Dusan is not stupid. It made sense to him not to come via a controvorsial move. However, he has laid the groundwork for his coming to PAO in the future by meeting with Tzigger--the first time, unlike before when his name had come up.

The point is that he thinks PAO will be looking for another coach not so far in the future judging from our past history. ;)

Groundwork my ass! This guy will NEVER come; we don't need him and his attitude, and his ongoing lame showing in Europe. Changes are happening in this organisation and they will look for someone who will stay with us for at least several years. Donis might be good at this point.

I was being sarcastic (hopefully that is), because I do hope we get someone decent who will stay for a long time. Again, my preference is Rotsa. He should be promoted from scout to coach.

Haven't you heard? Donis signed with AEK!

Rotsa was not very successful in his second stint with the team and has been out of coaching for a while.

Rotsa is my favorite PAO player of all time and I would love to see him coach the team again (with Vazeha as an assistant maybe), but I can see how it might not go well.

Who else is available?

Linen had some success with Panionios but coaching PAO is not the same.

BTW, I am glad the Dusko saga ended so quickly, but it also showed the kind of mentality that has relegated Panathinaikos to perpetual second place dwellers.

If the team wants a coach bad enough they HAVE to get him.

I think this "we had a contact, and we talked, and maybe, and it's up to this and that" is a half-arsed effort at getting the coach that you want. I don't care if Skordas cries and shakes and yells and calls radio shows and threatens to make skordalia. You go and you get your coach.

My point is that we need to change our mentality--and the internal culture--so we're not, like you said, second class. Tzigger, well there's nothing can be done about him. Either he changes himself or the new partners may change the club's mentality.

However, I think the coach has to work on the players' mentality. To make the team handle stress and not choke--as they've been doing. So, that's why I'm saying it's more important to get someone like Rotsa & Warzycha or even Philakouris at this point to change the team operates on the pitch. That's all. And, frankly, I'd rather see a PAO veteran who's been there done that, instead of someone who doesn't know the team (or Greece) and will come for the money or because he's got no better offers! ;)

Athinaios is right about the internal culture that needs fixing. Somehow, the long history and "culture" that Panathinaikos built over a century seems to have been lost to the new players and coaches.

Partly was the result of breaking continuity with the older players in the past decade. Many were released and treated as "easily replacable".

Partly was the result of coaches who came and never really bought the "Panathinaikos is a big club". Many saw Panathinaikos as a medium European club.

Partly was the result of a policy that left just about ALL fans alienated.

Bringing back some of the veterans in different posts is a turn towards establishing close ties with the history of the club. Karagounis' return was successful in that respect.

But I am not sure that handing the keys to the team to an inexperienced coach (even if he is a beloved veteran) would be best. I am willing to take the chance, but I can't stand the grinia when things don't go well.

Today some new names were floated: Terim, Kaparos, Mateus, and Linen, and even crazy reports about Ericsson, Reinkart, Flores, Loundroup :blink:

How about Ferer or Munoz?

I think we'll end up with Linen who is still under contract with Panionios. We'll probably get him after we overpay Panionios and work in the contract that he won't sit on the bench for the next seven games against Panionionios :LOL:

If we get Erikson we are royally screwed. One of the dumbest men in football, terrible with England and didnt actually do anything with Lazio, was just a yes man.

Id much rather have Munoz, Peseiro, Malesani, Soum, than have Eriksson.

in fact Id like Timur Ketsbaia as a coach!!

He did very well with Anorthosis, particularly raising their standard in Europe... they had a very good together team and great passwork...they just lack the skill to make it into the CL stages, but hed have a ton of firepower with PAO. Just a crazy thought, though it might not be a good idea to get such a coach if were planning to spend big like were insisted on by the media that there will be 30 million for transfers this summer.

Well I heard AEK were talking to him but I didn't know it was a done deal. Well that just sucks and I hate being in this situation once again. Drakos you're not the only one with that opinion of Eriksson. How about Bruno Metsu? Chris Coleman?

Archived