• Russia
    • Italy
    • France
    • Holland
    • Germany
    • Portugal
    • Sweden
    • Other (post below and discuss)

As the Euro 2008 finals get closer, the big question is: Who will lift the Cup?

Will Greece repeat? :gr:

Will Portugal (FINALLY) come through? :P

Is this the year Spain live up to their potential? :whistle:

What about the traditional powerhouses: Italy, France, Germany and Holland?

Or will it be a surprising outsider, maybe Russia or Sweden or Romania? :o

Who do you think will win it all? :huh:

I've voted for Germany...

I think Spain have the best squad in terms of quality, but I don't think they're very well balanced. Their defence isn't exactly perfect and they won't have a target man in the class of Toni to get goals.

Portugal have a wonderful team and Ronaldo will be a big danger. So I can see them getting to the last 4.

Italy are very well organized and we know they can come through anything, but I think their key players are aging and they lack explosion.

France will be a major a force, and with Ribery, Henry and Anelka they have a frightening front line. And if they still can't score they have Benzema to come on off the bench! So I think they (or the Spanish) will meet the Germans in the final.

Germany will win it imo. Ballack is in great form and Klose always comes alive in these tournaments. But the key factor for me predicting Germany is because it's based in Austria... that's practically like Greece playing in Cyprus!! So the Germans in their back-yard will rise to the occassion imo.

I also think Greece will either go out in the group stages or in the last 8 when we play France, Italy or Holland :(

turkey. very underated, nihat turan, tuncay look very strong going forward but defensively can be vulnerable, i believe they'll suprise a few people

no way we'll get past the group stages.. i'll be very happy if we win one match..

no way we'll get past the group stages.. i'll be very happy if we win one match..

The key game for Turkey is Switzerland... this will be a highly charged match... if you do manage to beat them I think you'll qualify with Portugal. The Czechs aren't great and they'll be missing Rosicky (Nedved also rejected the opportunity to return to international duty), and Baros isn't in good form. The Swiss struggle to get goals but they do have home advantage and, as mentioned, the Turkey game will be a grudge match. I think Portugal will win the group followed by Turkey.

i'm not sure whether they'll go that far but the surprise package for this competition can be Russia...

Well I'm not so sure about that. Russia is in a pretty evenly matched group, so they can qualify from the group but I can't see them going much further. I think the suprise package can be Romania. I think they'll beat Holland, so they won't be far from qualification.

Another dangerous team will be Croatia.

Come on GS, have some faith in Terim's "magic". :LOL:

The Swiss aren't the greatest side of the group and the Czechs lose Rosicky for the season. Turkey can finish 2nd and join Portugal for the knockout round.

Greece's odds have improved over the last few months. They were tied with the Swiss at 26-1 and now they are at 17-1.

Euro 2008 favorites (Betting odds)

Germany 4.50

Italy 7.00

Spain 7.00

Portugal 8.50

France 9.00

Croatia 13.00

Holland 13.00

Czech Rep 15.00

Greece 17.00

Switzerland 26.00

Sweden 29.00

Romania 34.00

Russia 34.00

Turkey 34.00

Poland 51.00

Austria 81.00

• 2 weeks later...

After the first games i have been pleased by 3 teams and i will put them in order of like more-like less.The euro winner will be a)Germany,b)Holland or c)Spain.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived