Phantis Forums

Nikos Karelis ‒ (now playing for Panaitolikos)

plato-ny

At the beginning of the season I couldn't imagine Panathinaikos without Karelis. He was linked with Genk for a while I believe. Although through the season Karelis started to get a little selfish and wasteful with opportunities which makes me feel a bit better about his sale. It's time for a new chapter in his career and I will always respect the guy for his years at Panathinaikos.

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sunday he had the chance to win his startingspot back. they played 2nd spot gent and it was 1-1 at half time and gent had a red card. karelis came on in the 46th minute for samata again failed to score. i read he had 2 big chances that went wide and over. genk had 10 shots the 2nd half but did not score. gent scored a late penalty in injury time and won 1-2. not good for genk who could have come close the CL play offs but also not good for karelis.

• 3 weeks later...

i didnt expected this but karelis was 3th choice cf yesterday against charleroi and the normal 3th choice de camargo was 1st choice. the lately 1st choice samatta was 2nd choice yesterday and came on in the 2nd half to play with de camargo. karelis was left on the bench the whole match. genk had zero shots on goal. they are awfull when they play away this season.

he probably saved him for the match at home ? who knows. or they might had a disagreement. could also be a try to trick the opponent manager who wouldnt expect it. as it seems from his goals he can score from nothing,  yet he is able to miss sitters (from my experience in Panathinaikos).

The boy probably had no motives when playing at PAO. He seems to enjoy playing for another team.

We could see an equal improvement in the face of Lagos, had he been sent away, but the boy (according to people that I know from his village) is a scum with 0 civilized attitude.

• 1 month later...
  • Argy changed the title to Nikos Karelis ‒ Free agent
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Nikos Karelis ‒ (now playing for Panaitolikos)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic
  • Argy unlocked this topic