Phantis Forums

Greek Playoffs 2007-2008

Crazy

After the end of the regular season,we are ready for the first time to have our own playoffs to determine who will go to CL and which team to the Uefa cup.The standings at the start are:

Lybe and Rivaldo floated the idea that AEK should boycott the playoffs. They can't do that obviously because they could be relegated, but a reporter on the radio mentioned today that fielding the youth team might be an interesting option. Would that degrade the league integrity :whistle:

Lybe and Rivaldo floated the idea that AEK should boycott the playoffs. They can't do that obviously because they could be relegated, but a reporter on the radio mentioned today that fielding the youth team might be an interesting option. Would that degrade the league integrity :whistle:

Traianos Dellas asked the management of AEK if they can do something to protest but with out harming the club.We will see what they will come up with...

after their last game for the regular season, AEK's players stated that they are not going to participate...

one day after they say...let the youth team take charge of the playoffs...

today...they put their heads down and work (if Demis wants to have a decent proffesional club...)

o 8rylos to phre sta xartia kai h aek 8elei na to parei sto milhto...to 8elei o ribo kai o zikos leei...e enta3ei re paidia..an einai etsi...

PAO should do the same. I can't see any EPO/SL or anything else surving if teams like AEK and PAO boycott this charade.

You made a point (several times before) that if there's a strong reaction, things are reversed in Greece. There's no credibility, no objectivity left. Those who scream the loudest and can mobilize support get their way! It's as simple as that!

Sadly...

Guest TheLegend

:D nope your wrong again :LOL:

Go ahead guys you know it all, "lets feild the youth team" "lets not play"

First. Lets what? No one here has a say in what their clubs (no matter how bad they are *cough*)do.

Second I wish aek would feild a youth team and not evne touch a european spot...

Its about money my friends incase you didnt realize it yet sports arent to entertain. Its to make money. No team is stupid enough to pass a cl oppurtunity up, even the stupid clubs in greece *cough*

Btw, what happened to CAS is right whatever that decision is? Now its corrupt? So a neutral court in a country hundreds of miles away is corrupt now too?

ante gia :LOL:

PAO should do the same. I can't see any EPO/SL or anything else surving if teams like AEK and PAO boycott this charade.

This is correct, there's no way PAO and AEK would be relegated, it would destroy the Greek league. (Although they may dock them points for next season).

I don't think boycotting the playoffs would do much. If anything, it will distract from the real issues.

I think the teams should make a gentlemen's agreement to play an X number of youngsters in the playoffs (which would make them more exciting IMO), and should find other means of protesting.

Inundating EPO and the courts with appeals against the tiniest of reasons (length of grass, improper equipment, not followed deadlines, and anything that comes to their head) should keep the judges busy.

IMO, creating a group of "Concerned Greek Football Citizens for Clensing" would be a good way to go about it.

Such group could be made of team leaders like Nikolaidis, Zagorakis, veterans like Mayros, Zikos, Saravakos (where the he!! was PSAT all in all this?), current players like Rivaldo :P or Dellas, Karagounis, Katsouranis, and prominent fans like Beos :tup: Vgenopoulos, Giannakopoulos, Kanelopoulos, and a few hundred thousand simple fans from across the country.

They could make some noise for sure... they could buy tickets for the playoff games and chant anti-EPO and anti-league songs all game long with their backs turned to the pitch. They could organize gatherings in major cities in Greece and pitch some tents with protesters outside EPO and Superleague offices.

Now, that could create some waves... :box:

This is correct, there's no way PAO and AEK would be relegated, it would destroy the Greek league. (Although they may dock them points for next season).
I know this is wrong but the best thing to do for a protest will be for the AEK and PAO players not to play for the National team!!!!! Again is wrong and i am not saying that they should but it will bring out a strong message to some people!

Archived