Phantis Forums

Chris Megaloudis

Guest TheLegend

Guest TheLegend

Chris Megaloudis (born May 4, 1984 in Queens, New York) is a Puerto Rican football striker of American descent who currently plays for Red Bull New York of Major League Soccer and the Puerto Rican national team.

Megaloudis is eligible to play for Puerto Rico because his mother Carmen is Puerto Rican. His father Michael is of Greek descent but played for Puerto Rico in the 1990's.

Megaloudis began his college career with Saint Peter's College in 2003. In 2004 he led the team to the NCAA Tournament, scoring 12 goals and adding 8 assists in 24 matches. He than transferred to Stony Brook where he scored 15 goals in two years.

In 2004 Megaloudis also played part-time for the Brooklyn Knights of the Premier Development League. After a successful college career, Megaloudis joined the Long Island Rough Riders of the PDL on a full time basis. In 2007 Megaloudis joined semi-pro club New York Pancyprian Freedoms of the Eastern New York League (ENYSASA) and helped lead the club past the first round of the U.S. Open Cup. He later later joined the PDL's Westchester Flames.

In January of 2008 Megaloudis went on trial with the New York Red Bulls. He was signed by the club in March of 2008.

He used to go to my high school. Personaly playing against him and looking at his stats especialy carrying his clubs and high school team hes a great player. Shame hes older because if he was around 20 I seriously could see this guy on greece's under 21 team.

plays for Puerto Rico :huh: :LOL:

Our u21 is not something you can just walk on nowadays having played in a professional league...Our Greek youth is VERY competitive in recent years, Ellada exeis talento!

If hes playing for them, then he couldnt make the u21 America and I doubt hed make the u21 Elladas.... i mean seriously players like Ninis, Dimoutsos, Makos, Kone, XDLopoulos,

Papasta8opoulos, Mitroglou, Pliastikas, Rika, Illiadis, Kiliaras...... thats the types of players our u21 has...and they can all most definitly make the u21 amerikis....

Guest TheLegend

nai manges diss a kid who grew up on his own playing soccer and got to where he was on his own.. who played B division and went to a small school in NCAA and then became one of the best players in the country with full scholarships... because all of you here were all pros you all are amazing...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

vlakies kai m*****es ;)

I think what you'll find is most people who mock players at this level couldn't kick a ball to save their lives.

I lived in NY for three years. While there, I had the good fortune to play against the Long Island Rough Riders in a friendly at Nassau Community College. One of the guys I played against was Peurto Rico native Chris Armas, who later was drafted by the Chicago Fire. While I don't think Chris is some sort of superstar, he could definitely play at the SL level in Greece. And not just for some bottom of the table also ran, either.

In the same match, I also played against a guy named Giovanni Savarese from the Venezuelan NT. Another guy that could, without a doubt, play on some teams in the Greek SL.

So I would suggest that people not dismiss players from the soccer "also ran" countries.

Guest TheLegend

This kid HAS TO be related to Nicky Megaloudis who played with the old NY Arrows of the MISL.

btw, I've played against BOTH the Rough Riders and the Freedoms (Pancyprios).

I think thats his bro. And the people here that do talk trash about players like this arent worth being paid any attention to because they could only dream of playing high school ball let alone in the mls..

I think what you'll find is most people who mock players at this level couldn't kick a ball to save their lives.

I lived in NY for three years. While there, I had the good fortune to play against the Long Island Rough Riders in a friendly at Nassau Community College. One of the guys I played against was Peurto Rico native Chris Armas, who later was drafted by the Chicago Fire. While I don't think Chris is some sort of superstar, he could definitely play at the SL level in Greece. And not just for some bottom of the table also ran, either.

In the same match, I also played against a guy named Giovanni Savarese from the Venezuelan NT. Another guy that could, without a doubt, play on some teams in the Greek SL.

So I would suggest that people not dismiss players from the soccer "also ran" countries.

Chris was a solid DM. I totally agree with your statement

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheLegend

The PDL and all those leagues that people mock show us how they actualy have a good foundation for soccer in america. NY is full of development programs and leagues. I played against Gotschee's u17 team a while ago and they were levels above every other team....

The PDL and all those leagues that people mock show us how they actualy have a good foundation for soccer in america. NY is full of development programs and leagues. I played against Gotschee's u17 team a while ago and they were levels above every other team....

Goetschee does indeed have a very good team. I played for Hota Bavarian's Mens side.

Its not just NY that has good developmental programs. You can find good players in just about any part of the country now. Obviously, the bigger metro areas have an advantage, but you find good players from the most unlikley places, like Mississsippi, as well.

The USSF has done a phenomenal job in structuring their professional leagues in the tiered MLS, A League, PDL format according to market size/viability. The Greek SL would be wise to use it as a model.

As for people who mock Puerto Rico, well, AEK has a guy in their lineup from .... Mali ..... don't they? B)

This kid HAS TO be related to Nicky Megaloudis who played with the old NY Arrows of the MISL.

I think thats his bro. And the people here that do talk trash about players like this arent worth being paid any attention to because they could only dream of playing high school ball let alone in the mls..
I highly doubt its his brother. Nicky is in his 40's now.

There was a bunch of very good Greek players that came out of NY that era.

Mickey Kyriakidis, John Lignos, Andy Papoulias, etc...................................

As for people who mock Puerto Rico, well, AEK has a guy in their lineup from .... Mali ..... don't they? B)

yeah but Mali has had big players come out of there, and Afircan nations are far better than the absolute trash level of the carribean miconations..... T&T, Jamaica arent that bad, but the rest are simply terrible.....

and dont be dissing Mali....Mali is centuries ahead of PR some really good players come from Mali and play for them......notably Diarra (Real Madrid), Traore (Lokomotiv Moskva) Frederic Kanoute, and Keita (Sevilla) are from Mali!

Guest TheLegend

yeah but Mali has had big players come out of there, and Afircan nations are far better than the absolute trash level of the carribean miconations..... T&T, Jamaica arent that bad, but the rest are simply terrible.....

and dont be dissing Mali....Mali is centuries ahead of PR some really good players come from Mali and play for them......notably Diarra (Real Madrid), Traore (Lokomotiv Moskva) Frederic Kanoute, and Keita (Sevilla) are from Mali!

while you attempt to trash on other people you dont know (because we all know you can even kick a ball ;) ) Trinidad lost to PR in Qualifiers. Im not a PR fan but hes just as greek as people like that wonder goalie who you all praise who hasnt played a 1st team game yet..

I've played with and against and coached against (and observed) some excellent high school players. Among them Frank Klopas, Brian McBride, Garth Lagerway, Ned Grabavoy, Jonathon Spector, Qavas Kirk, Tom Soehn, Ted Eck, Lazo Alavanja, etc..... the list is really too long to fully disclose

Every single one of these guys struck me as a professional talent the minute I saw them. And every single one of them proved me right, to one degree or another. I would also say that every single one of these guys could play in the SL, no problem.

Guest TheLegend

amatanidis scores! lol...I love this commentators. Dam kyriakos was at fault for the first 2 goals...

775 minute goal drought? wtf?

• 1 month later...
  • Argy locked this topic

Archived