Phantis Forums

Playoffs 2008

drakos13

Well Kalamarias is next, but this is the first playoff in our new "Super" League...

Kalamaria is not technically a playoff game, but it counts as one, if we drop points, well suffer in the playoffs...

Here is a helpful guide :

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...gue/190495.html

As for wholl be in it:

PAO have clinched 3rd place, unless Tripoli beats AEK in OAKA.

Tripoli, Larisa, Panionios are all competing for the 5th spot.

so if Asteras Tripolis can make the miracle, we have a chance at 2nd, and we wont have to face AEL or Panionios.

The standings will be as:

-

Sorry, Idon't care for these playoffs. Except, if gavroi are in it. Then I'd like to see a beating, you know a nice sendoff to hell for Kokalistan. Otherwise, I intend to enjoy the beautiful weather coming up and have some good time.

well fine I realize most fans dont care, but its PAO to watch on sundays is something ill never object to. A Champions League opportunity will make me feel less miserable about the season, and who knows maybe Peseiro will let Ninis play a bit (doubtful)....

and I do hate AEK, so beating them may not be as fun as beating OSFP, but I still do enjoy it.

Come to think of it, Drakos is right, we get to watch some more Panathinaikos, so maybe it's good afterall (assuming we play well and win).

OTH, I just realized that this new playoffs system is going to be a major pain for me. I have an excell database set up to follow Panathinaikos games, the scores, the goals, and all that stuff that makes my Sundays interesting (besides the rest of my interesting life).

It's all setup for a 30-game season. Now I just realized that it will take an huge amount of work to add the playoff games in there... Maybe I'll start a new database for just the playoffs... <off to solve the problem>...

BTW, Gagatsis said "playoffs won't start if we don't have a clear picture of who's in it" http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=62194

Sorry, Idon't care for these playoffs. Except, if gavroi are in it. Then I'd like to see a beating, you know a nice sendoff to hell for Kokalistan. Otherwise, I intend to enjoy the beautiful weather coming up and have some good time.

Really??? I think it's the most exciting thing since the invention of the wheel!!!

what's a wheel??

That square thing :P

@ NikosVazelas, but if it was like Holland the run-in of the league would be boring because teams would be more concerned with preserving players than going for wins.

Is the play-off one game vs each team on a neutral ground, 2 at home 2 away like the UEFA Cup group stages, or 2 games vs each team?

Really??? I think it's the most exciting thing since the invention of the wheel!!!

wheel was awesome!

you guys heard of cars yet? gamane re paidia :LOL:

Personally I think the playoffs are cool, but wont be too exciting for except for PAO who has the chance to take the CL. The other teams really have virtually no chance (as they start with so less points) and AEK or Gavros is just defending 2nd place, and 5th place is just playing not to get stuck in Intertoto...

personally i think PAO will be dicked like the end of the season and we'll end up in the intertoto - whatever the hell that is

Intertoto is another sort of playoff round for all the teams that end in positions of their league that are after the last UEFA cup position.

These teams play in this tournament and those who qualify get to UEFA then.

To play though in Intertoto you must declare that you are interested to do so in case you come in such position. If you havent registered in the time frames given then you wont be able to be part of it. Many call Intertoto also as UI-Cup

Here the explanation for it from Wikipedia:

he UEFA Intertoto Cup, also abbreviated as UI Cup, is a summer football competition for European clubs that have not qualified for one of the two major UEFA competitions, the Champions League and the UEFA Cup. The competition will be abolished in 2009.[1]

Any club which wishes to participate must apply for entry, with the highest placed club (by league position in their domestic league) at the end of the season entering the competition. The club does not necessarily have to be ranked directly below the clubs which have qualified for another UEFA competition; if the club which is in this position did not apply, they will not be eligible to compete, with the place instead going to the club which did apply.

The cup bills itself as providing both an opportunity for clubs who otherwise would not get the chance to enter the UEFA Cup and as an opportunity for sports lotteries (or pools) to continue during the summer.[2] This reflects its background, which was as a tournament solely for football pools. In 1995 the tournament came under official UEFA sanctioning[3] and UEFA Cup qualification places were granted. Initially two were provided, but in 2006 this number was increased to the current total of eleven.

While in line to buy tickets, my fellow PAO fan told me:

"Prepei na' maste mazoxes emeis oi Panathinaikoi"

That quote comes to mind when I think of watching another 6 PAO games this year... <_<

This PAO team is a painful experience week after week!

Hit me I say, 6 more times. :box:

A possible second place finish, may be just the medicine we all desperately need to heal our wounds...

I am glad Aris and Panionios are in, they deserve it.

So does gauros... :LOL:

PEACE

Guest TheLegend

pao starts with 1 point less than aek which isnt alot. The deciding factor will be the aek-pao pao-aek games..Aek has really overacheived lately and everything falls their way. in the aek-olympiacos game, aek didnt play good, olympiacos's players were literally hung over on the feild and everything went in for aek... did u see the deflected cross right to open blanco..etc.etc...

since accordin to the press today no change will come up wth the ranking of the superleague (seems CAS says they are not congnizant to decide both cases)

Here the plan for the playoffs and my opinion about the results

since accordin to the press today no change will come up wth the ranking of the superleague (seems CAS says they are not congnizant to decide both cases)

Larisa goes Intertoto to qualify for UEFA

Good going there but it seems to me that you have PAO winning every game! :D
Well it seems you havent really read my post. I didnt put PAO winning every game. I said last game against AEK ends in a tie. What i am guilty for is predicting that AEK will loose more games which is my opinion and not so impossible considering that Rivaldo refuses to take part in the playoffs and Zikos ended his carrear and several of your players seem to share Rivaldos thoughts

First, AEK doesn't want to participate. And, frankly, neither should PAO! That will send a strong message as to the mickeymouse operation they have set up, EPO/SL.

PAO should demand to have a playoff with OLY as it should, not with AEK!

I applaud the AEK players for standing up. And, Tzigger instead of talking about radical CHANGES (again, :whistle: :1eye: ) he should leave or stand up and PROTECT the team. He hasn't done so and that's another BIG failure I charge him with. :tdown:

pao starts with 1 point less than aek which isnt alot. The deciding factor will be the aek-pao pao-aek games..Aek has really overacheived lately and everything falls their way. in the aek-olympiacos game, aek didnt play good, olympiacos's players were literally hung over on the feild and everything went in for aek... did u see the deflected cross right to open blanco..etc.etc...

Ma kala, toso vlima eisai?

Poio deflected cross re megale? Afou eseis i idioi den to eidate kai fonazate gia offside tin stigmi pou i mpalla proirthe apo amyntiko. Exallou, i sentra (kai kontra) egine apo tin plagia grammi kai i mpalla kykloforise 30-40 metra prin ftasei ton Blanco, pou sas karfose.

Mimpos tou Lybe to goal itan "deflected", i tou Kafe, i tou Edinhiou?

Den kaneis to stavro sou pou den fagate 8? Mexri kai o Protathlitis paradextike oti ta tessera itan liga.

Pou vrikes esy oti den epaixe MPALLARA i AEK?

Sakos tou box sas ekane.

Mono sto Elliniko protathlima mas vgazoun to aspro mavro, tin mera nyxta, kai to -3 +3.

First, AEK doesn't want to participate. And, frankly, neither should PAO! That will send a strong message as to the mickeymouse operation they have set up, EPO/SL.

I applaud the AEK players for standing up. And, Tzigger instead of talking about radical CHANGES (again, :whistle: :1eye: ) he should leave or stand up and PROTECT the team. He hasn't done so and that's another BIG failure I charge him with. :tdown:

you're 100% right.

Its more about the integrity of the league than anything else. Personally, I stopped taking this league seriously last year after the Briakos 3-3 at OAKA. That was the straw that broke the camels back.

Nonetheless, I guarantee you nothing will happen. AEK, PAO and the rest will continue in this travesty of a league, and the beat goes on for Theio.........

Guest TheLegend

I applaud the AEK players for standing up. And, Tzigger instead of talking about radical CHANGES (again,  :whistle:  :1eye: ) he should leave or stand up and PROTECT the team. He hasn't done so and that's another BIG failure I charge him with. :tdown:

seriously dude, you STILL DONT UNDERSTAND THIS? :( :( :(

Do you know what CAS is. Do you know what happened. Go download the reasons and explanations and the whole case and read through it. I read those 50 paragraphs of facts. HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH SL/EPO. btw your beloved president runs sl. Guess hes anti pao too right..

CAS decided kalamaria had no case. A neutral high court. This is the supreme court of the sports world... read the facts

tas-cas.org

This is too idealistic my friend. I agree with you in principle but football is a business and the clubs wouldn't be willing to sacrifice CL football to prove a point. Especially not PAO.

Archived