Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece - Portugal

Genome

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greece squad

Goalkeepers

Antonios Nikopolidis (Olympiacos CFP), Konstantinos Chalkias (Aris Thessaloniki FC), Alexandros Tzorvas (OFI Crete FC).

Defenders

Sotirios Kyrgiakos (Eintracht Frankfurt), Giourkas Seitaridis (Club Atlético de Madrid), Traianos Dellas (AEK Athens FC), Loukas Vintra (Panathinaikos FC), Nikolaos Spiropoulos (Panathinaikos FC), Ioannis Goumas (Panathinaikos FC), Vassilis Torosidis (Olympiacos CFP), Christos Patsatzoglou (Olympiacos CFP), Paraskevas Antzas (Olympiacos CFP).

Midfielders

Angelos Basinas (RCD Mallorca), Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers FC), Georgios Karagounis (Panathinaikos FC), Alexandros Tziolis (Panathinaikos FC), Konstantinos Katsouranis (SL Benfica).

Forwards

Dimitrios Salpingidis (Panathinaikos FC), Nikolaos Liberopoulos (AEK Athens FC), Theofanis Gekas (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Georgios Samaras (Celtic FC), Ioannis Amanatidis (Eintracht Frankfurt), Angelos Charisteas (1.FC Nürnberg).

Of course Dellas is not on the list anymore.

Remember this banner during the Portugal-Angola WC match 2006?

Posted Image

It says afterward: "Defensive football. Go Home"

I wonder if the Portugal fans are still bitter???

i wouldnt call charistea at this point for this game... if i was otto i will call chouto cuz he is in a great form right now!

im glad about Tzorva.. he deserves it!!!

PS. look forward for Daskalaki from Ergoteli!

Posted Image

god that had to be the worst banner ever.......

How do you taunt the guy that beat you twice in your home stadium on your hosted tournament perfectly fair to take the cup.......because there not out playing Angola and Iran in the World Cup???? :LOL:

Id take the European Championship please... :LOL:

Apparently Deco is also out ...

Portugal and Greece to meet in rematch of Euro 2004 final

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

DUESSELDORF, Germany - Portugal and Greece meet Wednesday for the first time since the 2004 European Championship final.

The Greeks beat the tournament hosts 1-0 in the final and Portugal is keen to erase that memory in Duesseldorf, despite the absence of key playmakers Cristiano Ronaldo and Deco through injury.

Read the full article here

Here are some comments from Portuguese users on other forums, thought it'ld be interesting to see their take on things:

It looks to be a long day...playing against Greece and it's usuall "anti-soccer" strategy and no Ronaldo or Nani...

Hopefully Quaresma, Simao, et al can have a good game...but I am not expecting too much.

Carvalho may also be a wash.

For sure, but really Ronaldo and Nani are a lock for NT positions. Nani very well may be a starter for the NT or at the very least the first sub option every game. This game will be good for the less proven players to find ways to break a defensive team as Ronaldo and Nani do it fairly easily.

This is now Quaresma's show.

According to reports:

Ronaldo is suffering from pains in his left leg while Nani - who along with his compatriot scored in the 3-0 Premiership win over Liverpool on Sunday - has pulled a muscle in his right leg.

This MIGHT be BS, it may be Sir Alex giving Scolari the finger for playing Ronaldo the whole 90 minutes. If it is so blatant that he uses them on the weekend against Villa it may get complicated, I doubt Scolari would let it slide.

All in all I just can't handle another loss to the greeks friendly or not!

this will not be an easy game,

yes its revege time but,, greece knows how to shut down an offence,,

we should not take this game any lighter than vs italy,, it is a freindly at the end right???

i reckon a win for elladara!!! 3-1

It would be great to have this scoreline, but how can you justify such prediction??? :LOL:

I wish I could see the game live....no-one is broadcasting it in the UK....

Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has no qualms about testing the strength-in-depth of his squad in tonight's friendly against Greece in Dusseldorf.

Stepping up

Scolari's men take on the European champions in a repeat of the UEFA EURO 2004™ final without key performers such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Deco and Nani. However, the coach is demanding that the replacements – including a midfield of Fernando Meira, Miguel Veloso and Carlos Martins – prove both their own value and that of a squad bound for Austria/Switzerland.

Full article at the UEFA website.

Posted Image

god that had to be the worst banner ever.......

How do you taunt the guy that beat you twice in your home stadium on your hosted tournament perfectly fair to take the cup.......because there not out playing Angola and Iran in the World Cup???? :LOL:

Id take the European Championship please... :LOL:

How convenient. We also played against Mexico, Netherlands and England and we were voted the most spectacular team by Fifa.com users. Problem was we didnt score goals and thats a very important thing in football isnt it ? If we had, lets say, a guy like Van Nistelroy, we would have won the world Cup, trust me.

Archived